5.0 out of 5 stars Cured all my CFS symptoms
Published 13 months ago by CB

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FOR THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
Nice tasting and have increased energy levels.So far have along with vit.c stopped me getting flu or a cold this winter.
Published 17 months ago by M. Hinchliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Cured all my CFS symptoms, 14 Jun. 2014
CB (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jarrow Methylcobalamin B12, 5000mcg, 60 Vegetarian Lozenges (5000mcg, 60 Cherry Flavour Vegan Lozenges) (Personal Care)
I have suffered from CFS symptoms for over 20 years. Despite regular visits to the doctors over this time, nothing was diagnosed or difficiencies suggested. I have kept working full time over this time, but at times, its been intolerable to keep going, only able to survive by being in bed by 8pm every day... and resigning myself to knowing the mental fog and exhaustion would decend early afternoon and that would then be it. No going out or seeing friends and family... thats been my life, basically.
I started these after my doctor in March casually noticed my b12 was score:125. This meant nothing to me, so i did my research. As I was desperate and felt so ill, I bought these as they were 5000mcg. I should add that this year, thrown into the mix, I also started getting pain through my arms to my fingers, legs to my toes, keeping me awake at night..in addition to the numbness and tingling... you know what im talking about if you are reading this...
I started these 5 weeks ago, and feel re-born :) All the symptoms have gone literally. I am taking 2-3 per day...i have some catching up to do...and my day lasts 6.30am to 10.30pm with no symptoms or tiredness. I feel like ive won the lottery. My score was 1500 last week... my doctor was amazed.. until i put this bottle on his desk...then cynicism returned...I just said these fixed me...you doctors didnt..
You cant put a price on quality of life..yes, they are an added expense.. but I dont even ponder that as my husband and son now have the wife and mother they never had. Long may it last.. Dont hesitate..give them a go. My sister and brother are trying them as they are also b12 difficient. I wish you well.x

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for tingling and numbness, 10 Dec. 2012
I have been using Jarrow's B12 for around 2 years. It has helped enormously with unexplained tinging and numbness I was having in my fingers and tows, and also a burning sensation I was having in my feet. These neuropathies were investigated to no avail (MRI scans clear etc) until I discovered that I may have a B12 deficiency that was not showing up on blood tests. Although my serum B12 levels were within the normal range, I began Jarrow's B12 and within 3 weeks all my neuropathy had all but disappeared after months of worry about what on earth was wrong. I continue to use this B12 once every 2 days to keep the problem away and have never looked back. HIGHLY recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars VITAL vitamin, 10 Aug. 2011
Excellent supplement . This really helps to raise your B12 levels slowly over time and then keep the levels good. If you have Pernicious Anaemia but don't do well on the three monthly injections you could try this.

4.0 out of 5 stars can prevent permanent nerve and brain damage, 4 Aug. 2014
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I need more than 1mg (1,000mcg) daily or some symptons come back within 24 hours, so these are good for me - I cut them in half, making them better value. If I miss my daily dose, some symptoms return in less than 24 hours so I always keep a good supply.

B12 only helps if you have a deficiency, of course. A B12 deficiency can cause many problems including (longer term) permanent nerve and/or brain damage. Tingling hands/feet and eyelid twitching are the most common symptoms but most of the symptoms can be caused by other deficiencies. According to "The B12 Deficiency Survival Handbook" and "Could it be B12" the B12 lab tests are not reliable - also we can be B12 deficient even if tests are within the normal range. (In Japan the range is higher; 500-1,500.)

Trying high dose, sublingual B12 for a month is probably the best way to identify whether it can be helpful. Then stop for just 3 days, noting what symptoms return. (We often forget about symptoms when they go, it's normal to forget pain, or no woman would ever have more than 1 baby.)

The methylcobalamin form is equivalent physiologically to vitamin B12. Avoid the cheaper cyanocobalamin (cyanide!) which has more steps before it is converted to the active, usable form.

It's useful to know B12 is not toxic even in large dosages; very high doses may be the most effective - but others believe there's little to distinguish between 250 mcg absorbed and 5000mcg absorbed, on the basis of reactions. Note that some recommend sublingual/spray/patch but others say sublingual has no benefits, even if absorption is impaired: I don't really know either way, except that I seem to need more than 1,000mcg (1g) while mother-in-law is fine with it and, for both of us, it doesn't seem to matter whether we use sublingual, suckable or just swallow the B12 in pill form. However, for that important first month's trial, I now always recommend 5mg daily, in sublingual form.

For many of us, it's important to also supplement with folate (vitamin B9 - avoid the folic acid version, a synthetic which can cause cancer), as B9 and B12 work closely together. However, it's also worth knowing that some are concerned about even the methyl form of B12 as it may "overdrive" the methylation cycle in the body which can cause adverse symptoms. (45% are under-methylators and 15% are over-methylators; low histamine points to over-methylator: so, if you have to take anti-histamines, you may be an undermethylator.) If taking either B12 or B9/folate/folic acid causes problems for you, the answer may be in "Nutrient Power" by Dr Walsh, an excellent book on methylation issues.

Finally, it's little known that men with pernicious anemia (when the body does not make enough red blood cells due to lack of B12) have a gluten problem, which is usually what causes the pernicious anemia.

5.0 out of 5 stars B12, 9 Feb. 2013
Great product, second purchase!, will contine with this brand, nothing else to say! Unable to say anymore, spent longtime reviewing other brands

5.0 out of 5 stars seems very good, 11 Feb. 2013
I choose this strength as my B12 is low,So I'm hoping that it is building up quick, it dissolves well under your tonguewell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 8 Mar. 2014
This product is great, super cheap, tastes good and best of all absorbs efficiently. I was defficient in B12 and after taking one of these everyday I feel much much better. The most noticeable improvement for me was SLEEP: I sleep SO much better right now! With the modern lack of B12 in our food and water, everybody should take this important vitamin regularly!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 14 July 2014
These were a life saver for me!
My doctor did not seem to know what was wrong and arranged a brain scan! I was, it turns out both iron and b12 deficient. Anyone with cognitive decline, feeling tied / dizzy and struggling with head fog might want to read the information by the charity B12.org

If it is low B12 and you can't get GP acknowledgement soon enough or at all (quite common)' do consider these. You can not do any harm as B12 is not toxic at high levels and excess is just urinated out.

I cant recommend these enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Methyl B-12, 27 Aug. 2011
M. Alvizua "muckie17" (uk) - See all my reviews
I am a long term vegetarian and I was feeling very low in energy. As I know my diet is pretty good I decided to buy this product to see if it could help with my energy levels..and it did!!! I am loving it and thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 April 2012
Fantastic product! My B12 was 220 and I was suffering from so many syptoms, including tingling left arm, and right fingers. suffered from numb toes for 5 years and horrendous brain fog and fatigue. Been taking them about 2 months and my B12 has gone up to 596!!! I feel so much better and am also sleeping really well. Got loads more energy too. Just about to buy some more of it! x