5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant - this has made park walks 10x better!
Being a regular walker in our park, to make the walks more fun for my two year old I bought him a Mini Micro scooter 6 months back. He has got along with it famously, and now I cannot keep up with him on foot without sprinting everywhere.

The answer - get one for myself..!

Published on 29 April 2013 by AJD

3.0 out of 5 stars The folding block bolts shear off.
We have owned a Micro White scooter since Dec 2012 (it is now Dec 2014). It is used most weekdays by my 12 year old daughter to travel to and from school, a total distance of 4 miles. We have had problems with the scooter. Several friends with the same scooter have had the same problems - hence my review.

3 stars (really 2.5 stars) because:
- when it was...
Published 4 months ago by jpkrc

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant - this has made park walks 10x better!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)

The answer - get one for myself..!

This is an adult size Micro scooter and it is an absolute work of genius. Much more robust than the kids version (it's made of metal in the majority) to take the extra weight, it is still pretty light. It folds right down so is easy to store, and this takes about 10 seconds. It has a neat little 'foot' so you don't even need to find anything to lean it against.

You can absolutely fly along too - it does not take much to get to some pretty impressive speeds. Brake works really well in the dry, although takes a bit longer to stop in the wet (as expected). The platform is well made, grippy, and easily big enough for me to stand both feet on and cruise along (14st male, 5'11").

I absolutely love this scooter - it is so much fun to use, gets some great comments from other adults and allows me to keep up with little man easily.

Worth every penny.

3.0 out of 5 stars The folding block bolts shear off., 8 Dec. 2014

3 stars (really 2.5 stars) because:
- when it was new it looked good, felt robust, and gave a nice smooth ride;
- the people at the company are helpful.

I retain 2.5 stars because:
- it is proving a high maintenance vehicle for us (details below);
- certain design/engineering aspects of the vehicle are inadequate (imho);
- the company does not acknowledge the problems, instead stipulating an unrealistic maintenance schedule which people are unlikely to know about before they purchase the scooter, and unlikely to follow afterwards.

I short, I would not recommend this scooter and am considering changing to another scooter. Friends with children at the same school who have had similar problems have made similar comments to me and/or have already changed to scooters which are much more robust in design and require a more realistic level of maintenance.

The main problem I refer to is shearing off of the bolts which attach the folding block to the deck. This has happened twice to us in the last 6 months (we are now out of warranty) and also to several friends' scooters. We have also had a fracturing off of the brake and loss of push buttons as well as more general wear-and-tear type maintenance.

The company told me that bolts can shear off if they become at all loose. They said that as with any vehicle with moving parts you should expect to have to do lots of maintenance. Although the bolts are fixed with a blue fixing product, yes they can still work loose. The company stipulates (in a tiny font) on page 8 of the owners manual to "Check screws at least every 3 weeks and tighten them. Always use screw securing agent." In our case this was not read until it was too late and was anyway an unrealistic maintenance schedule for us. Typically we might notice if the folding block became loose and then tighten and fix the bolts. However, a loose folding block can occur (it did to us) after one of the bolts has already sheared and the block is held by the remaining three bolts. The first time this happened to us, we replaced the folding block and missing bolts which took about 2 weeks total and cost £20 or so. The second time, we managed to remove the sheared bolt by making a shallow slot in its exposed end with a screwdriver and unscrewing it, using WD40 to help ease it out.

IMHO: these types of scooter take significant shock loading to the joint between the front steering and the deck, and similarly at the rear axle. This occurs particularly when travelling on uneven pavements and on/off curbs, and especially if the rider does tricks like jumping (which we do not). The scooters do not have any kind of suspension or shock absorption to soften sudden loading. Hence loosening and shearing of fixing bolts. This is what I would call an "engineering design omission". I am not the only person I know to say this, or something similar but less carefully phrased. The company denied any design faults when I asked them to comment. They are helpful in supplying replacement parts, can advise with how to replace things, and repair it if you pay to get the scooter to them. Nice little repair business which you may become acquainted with if you have one of these scooters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical (and fun), 23 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
A rather boring hour's walk to work and back is now a pleasant thirty minutes scoot. It seems well built and no problems so far. While it is aimed at students on campus, I am in my 60s and have no problem using it...but will probably give wheelies a miss!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
You can keep up with your kits with this cool looking safe, fast scoot. Fold able and fun. It is very well built.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, light & fun., 31 May 2014
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
I bought this scooter for my wife and she loves it! Its light, fast & can fold up easy when travelling or storage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
Got one for Christmas, i'm a 20 year old student and they're fantastic for getting around the city of Bristol/London. Surprisingly, you don't look/feel like an idiot on one when you're on it because you're going too quickly.

Definitely go for this one above other models, it's a little more expensive but my friends have cheaper models and they've started to fall apart/wobble faster, and this Scooter is so well made it can support a grown adult and will last ages.

Wish these would catch on faster and everyone would ride them, a must-have for students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
Brilliant! I work as a nanny and the children love the fact I have a scooter too.We all go for rides/school run etc.its great fun and a good toning exercise too! Very fast on hills but now mastered the break!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
Excellent!! I can't go anywhere without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scooter, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
My 15 year old loves this scooter and it got him at least off the computer in the summer which is a major achievement!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Micro Scooter White (Toy)
Excellent received in good time and found as described

Micro Scooter White