5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
This Logitech headset has to be the best value around. The quality for sound is excellent and the microphone is very good without being too fussy. I am using this headset to learn French and they very good for this purpose.

Only one minor niggle the jacks for microphone and earphones are difficult to distinguish due to my poor eyesight !

I have...
Published on 2 Sep 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 month life-span
Published on 11 April 2011 by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)

I have always found Logitech kit to be top notch and these are no exception.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Needed, 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
This headset is comfortable to wear for hours (even for a glasses wearer like myself), has a fully flexible/adjustable mic and vital in-line volume control/mute function with a clip to keep it handy. The cable is supposedly 8ft (I didn't measure it but it's definitely very long for usual pc use) but it's very easy to keep any excess looped up and out of the way. The smallest head size is very small, suitable for young teens I expect, and it looks like it adjusts to accomodate some pretty big heads as well. I really don't think you can ask for anything more, but for under a tenner this is an absolute steal. My only quibble is that the volume isn't *always* loud enough for me when I'm listening to music vids, but it probably protects my hearing so I really shouldn't complain and as that's not really what they're for, I wouldn't mark them down for it either. I definitely recommend these - I was a little skeptical given the low price, but Logitech is a good brand so I took a chance and I am very pleased with the results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Very light weight and comfortable to wear for long periods. The in line earphone volume control is a nice extra as I am using multiple head sets with my machine and what is too loud for one person is not loud enough for another. The only set back that I was ready for is that microphone does need a ghost power supply or it will not work on most recording devices, have not tried it on my computer as yet. I feel this should be added to the specification to warn other buyers to check equipment suitability. Amazon do sell the power supplies. As a matter of interest there was no information about this in the instruction sheet sent with the headset only loads of health warnings. Can recommend this headset as the price and delivery is very good.

2.0 out of 5 stars 3 month life-span, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
In the past 6 months I've had 2 of these items, and both have eventually developed the same fault; one or both of the earphones stopped working. With the first set I had the left earphone stopped after 6 weeks or so, with the right following a couple of weeks later. The second lasted just over 4 months, with the right earphone being the culprit this time. In both cases it was possible to get the faulty earphone to temporarily work again by spending some time repositioning the cable, so the fault seems to be that the cable just wears out too easily.

The sound quality from the headphones was absolutely fine, but there is occasionally some crackling static heard when you adjust the volume using the in-line control.
Also the in-line control's clip is stable at first but quickly becomes loose with use, so that it becomes more difficult to securely attach it to anything.
The headband is easily adjustable, no problems.
The microphone's sound quality is fine, but it does seem to carry a small ammount of noise, so it seems that either it introduces this white noise by itself, or it too easily picks up the hum of my computer's internal fan.

Honestly I had no real problems with this product outside of it's short lifespan, but unfortunately because of this I can't recommend it. If it were a little more durable I'd be happy to give it a 3 or 4 star rating, especially considering the low price, but as it is I'd recommend you avoid this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap yet good quality, 20 July 2011
Mr. G. Simpson "Wolf" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Not much you can really say, its cheap but its good quality. Looks good, feels sturdy, the mic picks up clearly & sounds through headphones are very clear. Works well with Skype, MSN & Yahoo Messenger, so worth the cheap price, Value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been good, 25 Jan 2012
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Well I suppose these could be very good headphones as they fit nicely and the sound is pretty clear ... when it works. Unfortunately, after two days the headphones began to cut out in one ear. Wiggling the wire would bring complete sound back briefly, but it doesn't seem to want to stick around.

As I've thrown away the packaging I'm not sure if finding some other way to package them and send them back would be worth my time.

If I do return them I have no doubt that Amazon will refund or replace without quibble, but it would have been nice for them to work properly in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain clarity!, 3 Mar 2012
Mr. David Creighton (Eastbourne England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
These headphones arrived promptly, as Amazon goods always do in my experience, and worked a treat for my day-long conference meeting. Comfortable, and clear sound, and the microphone did not get any criticism from those I was speaking to. Very good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just bad, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Cheap and decent headphones, but don't expect to get full out of them for too long. Just two weeks after getting these, the right side has gone mute and I can't get sound through. Left side works fine. And I've been using them on my desktop computer without any damage done physically. No idea how they broke down.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't do better for this price, 8 Oct 2014
M. J. Webber (Stoke-on-Trent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
Having recently gotten involved in multi-player games, and rapidly having gotten fed up at the futility of typing messages to each other in the middle of combat, I went seeking a budget alternative. This headset served the need admirably. At this price, the sound is never going to be an immersive cinema experience, but the sound is clear and the microphone perfectly adequate for easy communication between friends playing a Final Fantasy dungeon. Also, if you're the kind of person that _doesn't_ want to blot out all other sound (you might want to hear the phone or hold a conversation with someone next to you at the same time) these earpieces will allow you do do that. I ended up buying four pairs and handing them out to the whole party: really excellent value:)

(note) - these are fitted with two jacks: microphone and headphone. If you have decent speakers, there's nothing to stop you just using the microphone jack and having sound through your regular pc speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset (Accessory)
product for absolutely perfect price. I switch it on and can use it without any problems. - The only thing.. I need my glasses the first time.. to put on the right and left cable corrct in the laptop

Logitech OEM PC 860 Stereo Headset