5.0 out of 5 stars great supplement, 13 July 2013
This product is a quality item. I've been taking it for years. its easily digested and doesn't cause any stomach problems as I have found other Vitamin C products have

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 19 Aug. 2012
M. B. MacKenzie "MARIA" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of vitamin c. Love this product as can be taken straight in the mouth as its mixed with magnesium. Although most people do enjoy taking it straight I find it works better at clearing infections in the mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars great boost of vitamin C!, 6 Oct. 2013
What is so good with this powder is that it's mild against your stomach but you can still have the choice of raising your dosis whenever you need it and it's super easy to mix into any drinks - won't ruin any flavours!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is exactly what I was looking for, 19 Mar. 2015
M. W. Ellwood "mwellwood" (Abingdon, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Biocare Vitamin C Powder 250g (Personal Care)
Although I only received this today, I'm going to give it a 5 star review, because it seems to be exactly what I was looking for: i.e. a way of taking Vitamin C and Magnesium at the same time.

When dissolved in water, it is a very neutral tasting liquid and goes down easily, and feels like it would not upset a delicate stomach and hopefully would be less likely to cause loose bowels than plain ascorbic acid. Up till now I have been using ascorbic acid powder in water mixed with half as much sodium bicarbonate. That makes a more or less chemically neutral solution, but the taste is still quite strong (not unpleasant though). However, those 2 powders don't always seem to dissolve in H2O as well as this Magnesium ascorbate (Biocare) powder.

As others have suggested, the way to take it is probably in small quantities at regular intervals, e.g. just take a small sip of the dissolved powder in water from time to time.

I'm also taking Magnesium transdermally (via MgCl or MgSO4 (Epsom Salts)), but I think both an internal and external approach is sensible.

Getting Mg from food should also be good in theory, but is less easy in practice, as some of the nominally Mg rich foods also have substances in them which tend to reduce Mg absorbancy. On that subject, I have no idea how bio-available the Mg in Mg-ascorbate is (do any biochemists here know?), so we shall have to see.

I have to say, this is not a particularly cheap way of taking Vitamin C, although as it adds Mg as well, it is perhaps cheaper than it looks (if it means you don't have to buy a separate Mg supplement.

But I wonder if there is a cheap way to make this at home, e.g. from ascorbic acid powder and some compound of Mg? Again, can any chemists / biochemists suggest a way? I've tried ascorbic acid powder + MgSo4, but it doesn't react, and tastes very acidic.

EDIT: I asked above about bio-availability, and have now found the following from the website of Dr Thomas Levy:

"Magnesium ascorbate is another significant mineral ascorbate. Unlike the other mineral ascorbates (except for sodium ascorbate) it is very difficult to overdose on this form of ascorbate. This is because the magnesium cation is very bioavailable and very effective in reversing the damage done by excess calcium, a condition shared by most older individuals. Bioavailable magnesium (as ascorbate or as magnesium-amino acid chelates; NOT the commonly taken magnesium oxide form) is very effective in mobilizing abnormally deposited calcium throughout the body. As such, it is one of the most effective (and still least utilized) treatments available for osteoporosis.

While there is nothing wrong with taking large amounts of magnesium ascorbate, it is more economical to take large doses of bioavailable magnesium and sodium ascorbate separately to obtain the optimal effects of both these supplements."

5.0 out of 5 stars Does more than said on the Bottle, 19 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Biocare Vitamin C Powder 250g (Personal Care)
Excellent product. Gentle on the stomach, because it is magnesium ascorbate powder rather than ascorbic, which causes diarrhoea when taken in large doses. Perfect for people suffering from serious long term illness like myself. My hair, nails and skin have improved enormously and everyone has noticed how vibrant I look, even with such a serious illness. I am recovering faster with the help of this product.

Speak to a qualified Nutritionist before taking doses larger than recommended dose.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Way To Get Your Vit C, 18 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Biocare Vitamin C Powder 250g (Personal Care)
It's a good product. I like that I have control over the dosage as it's a powder. I also like that there are no added sweeteners or sugars in it.

My only issue is that if it's added to just water, it has a tendency to smell and/or taste a bit metallic. This can be resolved by adding some squash to it though (when I have some to hand!).

5.0 out of 5 stars vitamin C supplement, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Biocare Vitamin C Powder 250g (Personal Care)
I think this is an excellent way of supplementing your Vitamin C intake. Easy to use - I add it to my soluble aspirin and take it with my breakfast! This size pot lasts a long time and I think it's good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 14 Sept. 2013
High Quality Vitamin C Powder
Powder form better value than tablets or capsules
Taken in water with a little lemon juice no observable taste

5.0 out of 5 stars On my third or fourth tub of this - keep ..., 19 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Biocare Vitamin C Powder 250g (Personal Care)
On my third or fourth tub of this - keep dosing my son (A-level immunity from colds due to stress!) and myself. Makes a huge difference to how quickly we recover from colds. Lots of research about the role of vitamin C in boosting your immune system - Biocare are a reliable producer. Will keep ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good easy to use product but not the same as the capsules, 10 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Biocare Vitamin C Powder 250g (Personal Care)
Just FYI - the product image too small so didn't see that it IS NOT the same as the capsules which have bilberry additionally; This does not, it is ONLY Magnesium ascorbate

Biocare Vitamin C Powder 250g