Format: Audio CD|Change

Being a bit of a fan of the prog music that came out of the late sixties/early seventies, and a lover of all things Collosseum and Jethro Tull, someone suggested I try the Keef Hartley band (Which I had not previously heard of). I took a punt, acquired this disc, and have not been disappointed.

This is a great album of long limbed, loose jazz/blues music, which has a distinctly British feel. Hartley was yet another alumnus of John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, so it's not too surprising that this sounds a little reminiscent of Clapton and Cream at times. Uptempo blues, but with more of a jazz tinge. Seemingly unstructured, and allowing all the musicians to have a say. A bit like the first Blodwyn Pig album.

The album has been nicely remastered, with a clean and clear sound. A single of the time has been included. Also included is a nice essay from Hartley about the recording of the album and some good photos. I have several of these reissues from Esoteric (the two Love Sculpture albums), and have been consistently impressed by the high standards of their releases.

An excellent album, one that I recommend to all fans of early '70 British prog. I am now going to get the rest of this band's back catalogue in the hope that all their albums are just as good.
on 2 September 2015
More " rock " than I expected from Keef Hartley but music at that time was developing so still enjoyed it . It will feature in my library of favorites .
on 20 May 2015
HAD the original lp, sold it to a dealer,then bought the CD. NEED I SAY ANYMORE.kEEF now in great teepee in the sky.
on 28 January 2015