5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, please read...
Many other reviews said negative things about this product which made me unsure whether to buy it or not. After recieving it I straight away could see and feel it's quality. It produces a clear sound and is great quality for the price. I recommend this harmonica, it's GREAT!
Published on 21 July 2011 by Charlie

1.0 out of 5 stars Harmonica useless!
I've only bought one of these, but the one I did is useless! Between 7 and 10, there is no sound. 5 and 6 aren't nice to hear. Generally £5 harmonicas are very poor quality, as I've found. I know we beginners don't want to spend a lot on a whim, but it seems the best option. The £2, 16 hole toy ones from China can produce a nicer sound, but they wear quickly...
Published 14 months ago by Crippen

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, please read..., 21 July 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Harmonica useless!, 21 May 2014
The best advice I can give is try a Hohner Big River in C. They cost about £20 on Amazon. You may wreck one before you get used to playing anything melodic, but it's better than buying £5 ones that shouldn't have passed quality control!

5.0 out of 5 stars I got the blues :-( only kidding! :-), 29 Oct. 2010
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I used to have a "mouth organ" when I was a kid and now at 41 longed to hark back to the good old days of repeatedly playing the last post! So when I spotted this I had to have one. Do you know what? I love it! The sound it produces is so clear and sharp. It has ten holes so gives twenty notes. There's loads of web sites with free lessons/tutorials and if you can't read music there are also tons of old and new songs on the net that are in tab form ie- written down for the harmonica in an easy to understand way! I'm now playing 12 Bar Blues, Amazing Grace, Love Me Tender, Happy Birthday and Silent night after only one month! There's tons more out there to learn. It's a fun instrument but does take practice like anything else in life but when you nail a tune on it people will be impressed!

3.0 out of 5 stars spend a bit more money, 14 July 2010
Andy Smith (South west England, Devon, Plymouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Diatonic Harmonica: 10 hole Diatonic Blues Harp / Harmonica Blues in key of C
so i wanted to learn how to play iv bin practising with it for about a month now and im making head way on this but this harmonica is hindering me by the fact it when i got it hole 2 and 3 are out of tune and hole one takes a huge amount of effort to get going also holes 9 and 10 are very difficult to sound with 8 being okay but not always responsive good for learning how to hit single notes and get a few tunes such as pirates of the Caribbean but i would say spend a bit more money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 2 Jan. 2014
You can't go wrong with this. For less than a tenner, a pocketful of music. I was able to get a tune out of it straight away after using some YouTube tutorials and it sits on my bedside table to be snatched up and played, usually when the house is empty....I wouldn't go on stage with it, but that's my ability, not the instrument. Musically I am a VERY limited talent, so if I can get a tune out of it, a monkey with a strategic shave should be able to. If you've ever had a hankering to play a musical instrument and haven't done so since the bloody recorder when you were six, buy this - it'll be with you in a couple of days and I'd be amazed if you weren't getting some kind of tune out of it within an hour, especially if you look at YouTube

5.0 out of 5 stars G Harmonica, 22 Aug. 2010
Mr. A. J. Davies "Mavies Davies" (Mid Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
I am very pleased with this product. I am a relative novice in this field, however, the sound it produces is sharp and clear and makes the playing a very enjoyable experience. Added to this the price makes it extremely good value for money.

2.0 out of 5 stars Harmonica, 7 Feb. 2011
Overall i brought this harmonica a few weeks ago, at first it seemed ok, but thinking i could learn on this was a big mistake, due to it did not sound right after a few times i used it, so being cheap is not a good way to start out.

Also i found out that this is Nickel plated, and i have had a bad reaction to it now, lips sore and small spots, so plz check the quality.

Ive ordered a more a better harmonica now, as u get what you pay for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 30 Mar. 2012
Looks okay, but that is not what counts. Poor sound quality. Very dificult to bend notes. Waste of time. Buy something else

1.0 out of 5 stars Harmonica in the key of bleeding-ears, 14 Jan. 2012
Bought this as temporary replacement for a G harmonica that I'd lost. It was needed urgently as I was performing in a concert soon after and needed a G harmonica for one of the songs. It arrived in time, so yay for that... however, when I played it before soundchecks, I realised it wasn't in G, it was in somekind of... mess. Partly sharp, partly flat and not one note actually in tune. Had to cut the song from the set. Very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars blues harp in G, 13 May 2011
Read the other reviews I can only assume they are fiction!. Purchased this harp to use when I run a music therapy class at a local care home. Seemed a good idea to play some songs on my guitar and use the harp as a 'fill in'. Only trouble is its un-playable or should I say it is out of tune-BADLY, so much so i would show myself up if I attempted to try and play it in front of an audience. Also requires too much effort to play an out of tune song on it, blow and nothing happens til you blow a bit harder! rhe same goes for suck. Save your money and put it towards a more expensive blues harp. The snag is I also purchased one in the key of D and one in the key of A, all suffer the same problem, they are out of tune. Sorry to sound so negative but I have been playing the blues harp for 40 years now and won't buy 'cheap' again. Diatonic Harmonica: 10 hole Diatonic Blues Harp / Harmonica in key of G