on 26 March 2009
I bought this game when I bought my Wii, so along with Wii Sports it was the first thing I played, and I loved it from the off! The graphics are good, the music is bum wiggle worthy, and there's clearly a party atmosphere goin down. The only thing that stopped me playing (eventually) was arm ache! I'm in a wheelchair and exercise is limited for me, but this gives me a workout!

Oooh and, optional, but I bought the bits to make my wiimotes into maracas, great fun!
on 19 April 2009
A brilliant game to play with friends and family. Loved every minute of it. The music is lively and makes for a great evenings entertainment. I did buy the maracas to go with it. They certainly added to the atmosphere but do block some of the wii controllers response. Recomend this game if you enjoy light hearted fun and of course the price is wonderful...!!!!
VINE VOICEon 23 April 2009
This is great fun and certainly gives you a bit of a workout. I'll admit it is a little buggy at times and the Wii remotes/nunchuk interface doesn't always hit the mark. However, it will give you hours of fun and will have you samba-ing the night away!
on 2 November 2008
I played this game at a friends recently. I own the Dreamcast version and in comparison the Wii version misses the mark considerably. It is fun and at the price I guess it's probably just about worth it. The Dreamcast version is *seriously* fun, with the Wii version you do not feel part of the game, the controls seem very very slightly out of sync with the graphics and this is were it fails. Having seen what SDA can be this simply should be better. Saying that It's still fun. I also tried the Wii Fit the same evening. This *is* fun and has that certain something that SDA doesn't.
on 28 February 2011
This is a very fun game. I love to play it, however the controlls are a little strange and not so responsive.
on 20 August 2011
This game is quite good fun and easy to learn,great workout for arms and you can boogie to the tunes at the same time.Some good tunes and some unknown to me but you soon get used to them.For the price i paid the game was well worth it but i wouldn't have paid much more as i would rather a dance game with a full body workout
on 9 May 2010
I love Guitar Hero and have previously enjoyed the dance mat on the Playstation so I this game looked just the right sort of thing for me. You'll need either a nanchuck or two remotes (or double that if you're playing with someone else) and you simply follow the moves on screen in time to the music. There are lots of moves to keep it interesting and the songs are mostly recognisable so you can get into it quite quickly too.

There are quick play, multiplayer and career modes to keep you busy and I think this game has appeal for all ages. It might be worth noting that I'm in my late twenties and I think it's great!! One thing that quite suprised me was that it gives a bit of a workout, working the arms and your hips - if like me you can't keep from moving to the beat!!
on 22 March 2009
Judging a book by its cover, this game may seem like the sort that you would be embarassed to own, however, the actual concept is a very good idea.
There is a good variety of songs, and you can dance to pretty much any of them, and the levels seem pretty accurate, so there is also variation there too, and it is also well presented, so on the face of it, this game seems immaculate. And so it is, until you actually start playing it. When you begin on easy level, you don't really notice, but once you get up to normal it starts to dawn on you that even though you have put your wii remote in the correct place, the game isnt registering and it is costing you points. When it comes to the certain poses that you have to strike, this is especially annoying, and it doesnt work unless your remotes were already in the position that it desires. This is a considerably major downfall, which is disappointing for such a good idea. The other downfall i wanted to mention was the scoring. As you play each song, you are given an ongoing grade, (A,B, C etc), which changes as you do better or worse throughout the song. At the end it judges whether you have 'cleared' or 'failed' the song. This seems fair enough, but your clearing or failing is only judged on how well you do exactly at the end of a song. So, for example, you could be averaging a B throughout the song, but then miss the last pose and slip down to a D, thus failing. This is particualrly annoying when it does not register your last pose!
On the whole, I do actually like this game, despite my largely negative review, I could just be being pedantic, or maybe a little bit too competetive on the career mode. I would like to see a second edition of the game with fairer judging and better remote recognition, that would be awesome!
on 11 November 2008
Samba De Amigo is, undoubtedly, one of the best motion games I've played on the Wii so far. The basic idea is, as in many games like this, moving and shaking the Wii remote(s) in a specific way to "play" along with the music. Great music and fun visuals make it a really enjoyable experience. However, if you only read the instructions and the in-game tutorials, the controls are, indeed, very frustrating. It only gives you a basic idea, and the controls in many ways are not intuitive.

The problem is the standard Wii remote (and nunchuk) only has a single 3-axis motion sensor in it, thus there were always going to be compromises on how accurate the controls could be. Selecting the top, middle and bottom circles is quite easy - you hold the remote upright, forward, and downward, respectively (making sure the underside of the remote faces you when down). Shaking can however, as mentioned by other reviewers, accidentally select another circle. I have found the best way to shake is in the direction the remote is pointing, so if the top circles, shaking it up and down, rather than left and right. Secondly, on the up and down crossovers the remote being crossed must be titled at 45-degrees horizontally toward the circle being crossed to. Neither of these are explained in the instructions, which can make even Normal difficultly quite hard to pass, and Hard impossible.

Nevertheless, I have now been able to complete several of the hard songs and feel that my progression is now only stifled by my lack of skill(!) Thus I rate this game four stars overall - it is a fun game and, once the issue of the controls is overcome, very addictive. I highly recommend it for adults and kids alike.
on 8 May 2012
Samba De Amigo is a fairly simple game, offering 3 difficulty modes Easy, Normal and Hard and two types of style Original and Hustle, you use the Wii controls as maracas to shake along to the beat of a variety of different Latin music hits like Livin' La Vida Loca and Mambo Number 5. Various further songs can be earned through completing challenges I think I also bought some from the Wii shop.

What is great about Samba De Amigo is that it really kills your upper arms after a short while and so provides a stealth workout through having fun. It is sometimes highly frustrating as the grading system seems very arbitrary, and what counts is your position at the end as opposed to your overall performance, and sometimes the controls don't respond, it also lacks any competitive element in one player mode, or a level up system whereby more songs are encountered and so is a bit basic there.

But it is a really fun way for me to do some exercise without it actually feeling like exercise!!