5.0 out of 5 stars Genius Product
This product is genius.

PERFECT for the student life - all I have to buy are a box of eggs and some bread - Then I have a weeks worth of breakfast for less than 20p a day.

It poaches and boils eggs, which gives you some variety - plus it takes roughly the same amount of time as cooking the egg on a hob.

The cleaning is simple - takes less...
Published on 24 Feb. 2009 by Mr. A. R. Kapur

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite perfect
Initially I was really pleased with this item. It performs well, although I find the water measure markings are not that easy to see. I am a little dissapointed with the coating on the poacher bowl. I expected a good non stick from Tefal, but this obviously is not the case. Despite greasing it before every use, after less than 6 months use, the surface has become worn and...
Published on 9 Sept. 2011 by Janner

‹ Previous | 1 2 354 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, ignore the negative feedback, 22 July 2010
This review is from: Tefal Toast N' Egg TT550015 Toaster - 2 Slice - Black (Kitchen & Home)
This is really cool, it does take normal slices of bread despite what some reviewers say, you just turn the bread sideways instead of lengthways and it toasts fine, if only they made this product for camping :) excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Jun. 2008
Denise Hurst (NW UK) - See all my reviews
I think this is fantastic. Takes just a couple of minutes to make poached egg on tast with both ready together. The softness or hardness is set by measuring the amount of water you add and I've never had a hard one yet, without checking it once.
If I had any complaints at all, I wish it did two poached eggs at once (it does up to 4 boiled eggs).
Very pleased with it and would definitely recommends it

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!, 8 July 2011
I bought this nifty little gadget a couple of weeks ago after reading all the reviews. I had an "Avanti" toaster which was nearing the end of its life - i have had it years. It was a bit hit and miss with the poached egg but i have got that exactly how i like it now. I have just cooked an omlette in it - WOW light and fluffy wicked. the other thing about this toaster is that i dont know whether its my imagination but the toast seems to be a lot crisper (and nicer) than the avanti. I would DEFINITELY recommend this gadget if you like eggs on your toast. I shall be trying a few more things in it over the coming weeks. Undoubtedly a good buy and certainly worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very impressed!, 6 Jan. 2013
I wasnt too sure about getting this as I thought it cant be that good but Wow! it is Superb!

It is a lot quicker than I ever imagined it would be and super quick compared poaching eggs the traditional way,
I was really surprised how soon I was eating and enjoying poached egg on toast and its oh so easy to use.

I would recommend that you do follow the instruction booklet when it says use without food for the stated amount of times as it does have a rather unpleasant smell but after you have followed the instrutions it is fine.

I am very glad I purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great combination and works, 3 Jan. 2009
Lrw Bird (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
Tefal Toast 'n' Egg TT550015 Toaster and Egg Maker
Just such a good idea and it really works!! Such a clever combination. Looks really good and makes the best even toast .Takes a bit of experience to get the egg cooked the way you like ,but simple enough to work out the timing.
If you like the idea get one. LB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eggcellent!, 12 Feb. 2009
A great product which saves me valuable time in the morning with three demanding children. It is so easy to use they can make their own breakfast now! We are fussy about the softness of boiled eggs and the steamer got it right first time with a perfectly soft centre and no split eggs.

I was cautious at first but it doesn't take up much more space than a regular toaster and does both jobs well. My only criticism is that there should be some sort of alarm to tell you when the egg has finished steaming so you don't have to watch it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a revelation !, 8 Sept. 2012
OK, I'm not a big fan of gadgets, but my husband persuaded me to buy the toast n egg as I do like a proper breakfast ! As gimmicky as it sounds, it really works. Within a few mins you have a poached egg and toast with very little mess to clear up. The boiled egg facility also works perfectly and is much quicker and less fuss than using the hob. The toaster is consistent and easy to adjust for large items or frozen bread. Honestly, I'm so glad we decided yo buy the toast n egg. No mess, no fuss and less time than conventional cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product - perfect boiled eggs with soldiers, 12 Jun. 2012
We've had this toaster for almost a year and it is a brilliant product. The toaster has different settings for whiter to darker toasts and you can fit most types of sliced bread. My parents like their toast made out of "proper" bread, so we've even fitted baguettes and ciabattas opened in half. I haven't tried bagels or muffins, to be honest, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

The egg poacher is great - we made four perfect boiled eggs with soldiers the very first time we tried it! Ok, so we took out one of the eggs too soon just to make sure we weren't over-cooking them, but it was the very first time.

The only down point is if you're making breakfast for two people, one of you is going to wait for their poached egg as you can only make one at a time.

My parents have just been over to visit and they were so impressed we've ordered a second toaster for them to take home!

By the way, I'm not a particularly good cook and if I could make the eggs, pretty much anybody can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. Time saving and so easy., 4 Feb. 2010
I bought this product based on the positive reviews and because I've read in numerous places that people who eat eggs for breakfast lose more weight than those that don't, even if they eat the same number of calories in a day. I therefore wanted a quick and easy way to cook poached egg on toast without having to faff around for ages in the morning, as I don't get up early enough for that! And this product really does that. All you have to do is lightly spray the poaching pan with oil so the egg doesn't stick, put in the right amount of water based on the little measuring jug, crack in the egg, put in the bread, and then 4 minutes later the whole lot is cooked perfectly. I've found to get a really runny yolk (as I don't use butter on my bread) I need to go just under the soft poached measuring line, and it genuinely does come out perfect. You can walk away from it while it cooks and know that in four minutes, breakfast is ready. And £30 for a toaster which has wide slots and so can do bagels, muffins, etc and it cooks the toast extremely evenly is great value anyway, so the egg part is almost a free added bonus!

Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic device, 12 Sept. 2012
This really does work . . . I was sceptical but it works perfectly, so easy to use and it just does what it says on the tin. Brilliant. Poached egg and toast in a few mins, all perfectly cooked.

Edit to add in August 2013 . . . the anti stick coating has worn off the little egg holder, disappointing as it's not seen anything sharp or been in the dish washer. Like most things these days, a great idea converted into a good product but with some cheap engineering and penny pinching.

‹ Previous | 1 2 354 | Next ›