5.0 out of 5 stars far too accurate !
Looks fabulous, worked straight out of the box. However, I have added 9 pounds, compared to the old scales. I checked it using carefully calibrated weights and it is (unfortunately) extremely accurate. Drat !
Published on 13 Feb. 2010 by jimh

2.0 out of 5 stars Variable readings
These scales are neat in appearance - very slim and stylish. However, I regularly get variations in readings of up to 3 lbs if I step off, let them settle then step on again (I weigh around 13 stones). My wife (around 9 stones) gets the same variations. This makes it very difficult to tell if you are really gaining or losing weight.
Published on 18 May 2012 by Campbell Smith Ins

2.0 out of 5 stars Variable readings, 18 May 2012
Campbell Smith Ins "Willie Smith" (Greenock UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scales Silver (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars far too accurate !, 13 Feb. 2010
jimh "jimh" (stroud, england) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, does the job..., 30 Dec. 2009
Stylish scales. The one thing you have to be aware of is that they're very sensitive to the surface you're weighing yourself on - with quite high variation of weight. keep the scales in one place and they'll be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars bathroom scale, 21 April 2010
M. Murphy - See all my reviews
I am delighted with this product. It does'nt take up much room and is easy on the eye. The figures are large and clear. The best bathroom scale I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars reliable and accurate, 24 Nov. 2011
I have been impressed with these scales, they work well and look sleek. It is easy to switch between pounds and stones, pounds and kilos for different people. I've been trying to lose weight and these have been encouraging as they show even a tenth of a pound lost. So much better than my previous scales.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it add on??, 7 Aug. 2010
These bathroom scales look lovely and I thought they were weighing correctly. However my partner became suspicious (weighing himself every day tut tut!!) when there was never any variation in his weight and we all know that doesn't happen. Being into electronics he has his own ideas why this is. To try and prove him wrong I weighed myself and then picked up a bottle weighing 12oz and weighed myself again. Now remember this is a set of scales which gives you ounces as well. Not ONE ounce difference from my first weighing in. I tried this on a number of occasions but the result was the same. Can the scales see who is standing on them and remember the first weight???? When I chose a full wine bottle then there was a difference. This is no good as we all want to see the odd 8oz difference in our weight. I'm afraid I will be getting in touch with Salter about this :-(

ONE WEEK LATER - I HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH SALTER ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND THEY HAVE SENT ME A NEW SET OF SCALES FOC WHICH SEEM TO HAVE A DIFFERENT ELECTRONIC SET-UP AND AND AT THE MOMENT ARE WORKING EXACTLY AS I WOULD EXPECT THEM TO - WELL DONE SALTER!!! MY STAR RATING HAS NOW INCREASED CONSIDERABLY :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, slim & stylish, 15 May 2010
M. Foden (UK) - See all my reviews
These scales are so simple to use, accurate, & take up so little room, that every bathroom should have one. The supplied feet ensure that they can be used on a thick carpet. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 6 July 2011
The product itself is excellent but the instructions are lacking in detail. We need to have these scales on a carpeted floor. The instruction just tells one to put on the carpet feet. What it doesn't tell you is that the rubber pads on the existing feet need to be removed first. I had to phone Salter to find that out. Easy when you know how. An extra line in the instructions would have saved the cost of a call.

5.0 out of 5 stars Salter Scale, 9 Sept. 2011
P. Finch - See all my reviews
This is an elegant and easily used item. It takes up almost no space propped against a wall and is light weight and easily moved. The readout is clear and easy to read even for me, with poor eyesight, and it conveys the bad news all too well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Instructions for Salter Bathroom Scales, 4 Feb. 2013
Totally useless Instruction Booklet from Manufacturer. For use on carpet Salter says:- 'For use on carpet attach enclosed carpet feet' with nothing more. This is not at all helpful! The only help was that I found the instructions in a review from Ken Leigh:-
"By Ken Leigh (UK) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What is this?)
This review is from: Salter 9028 Razor Ultra Slim Technology Electronic Glass Bathroom Scale Silver (Personal Care)
...Instructions for fitting the carpet feet may be a little unclear for some so note the following: peel off the 4 rubber discs on the feet as supplied carefully - I needed a small screwdriver to lever up at first before peeling. Fit the four tongues of the plastic supplied carpet feet into the little slots revealed when the discs are removed and push home. They should click into place easily. Refit the rubber discs onto the carpet feet...."

So what happens when you then want to use it on a non-carpeted floor, do you have to take the carpet feet off? 0 out of 10 to Salter.
Will rate the accuracy once I have found my small screwdriver and sorted out the feet!