5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT.
Published on 21 Mar. 2008 by Eliza DoLittle

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
The text is as good as I expected, but the quality of this disc isn't that good.
Published 4 months ago by Peijung, Ku

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT., 21 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Jamie Oliver - Jamie At Home - Series 2 Vol. 2 - Winter Recipes [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Jamie at home is probably one of the best tv cookery programmes ever produced. It is basic cooking at its very best. Plain, simple home cooking - no fancy gadgets, or expensive pretentious ingredients - cooking for all times and anyone - whatever level of experience you have at cooking. Five stars is not enough for these series or the book which accompanies them. Over all the series he covers the four seasons, using seasonal fresh food with tips on how to plant and grow your own - a tomato plant in a bean tin - great stuff. As I have already said in one of my other reviews if you one buy one tv cookery series and one cookery book in your life, make it this series and the book that accompanies it - FAB STUFF.

5.0 out of 5 stars Which Recipes?, 31 Dec. 2008
flyinghyphen "flyinghyphen" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The Winter Recipes featured are Furred Game, Pastry, Leeks, Winter Veg, Eggs, Lamb, and Asparagus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie Oliver - Jamie at Home - Even better on dvd, 11 Dec. 2012
I first saw this program on the Cooking channel over here and I liked it so much I taped every episode and kept them. When we changed our cable provider, I lost the Cooking channel and my Jamie "collection." I was thrilled to be able to get it back again now and surprised to find footage that wasn't in what I'd originally seen. I like the way he cooks using healthy, fresh ingredients. I like the ideas I get for my own garden produce. And I like seeing things actually being made. It's having my own cooking course at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Down-to-Earth' Cooking at it's best!!, 8 Sept. 2008
I thoroughly enjoy Jamie's candid style, and above all, his desire to create awesome meals from the highest quality ingredients, mostly from his own gardens. My wife and I aren't really `cooking show' fans, but we find ourselves really succumbed by Jamie's personality and atmosphere. If anyone wants to learn how to make healthy and delicious food in an agrarian way, this is my number-one recommendation. Without sounding too much like a fan-boy, I would like to see more of his farm and meet Brian, Jamie's gardener, some day. It'll probably never happen, but I believe he would be a real joy to meet and speak with. I love the way he uses raised beds for most of the vegetables grown. In other words, there is more to learn from this series than just the food being prepared. I was born and raised on a farm where we grew and raised about 98 percent of everything we ate, and I can totally relate to many of the techniques at work on his property. This series, I believe, is in a totally different class of `cooking shows' all by itself. What a treat. Love It!
Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm from the U.S., but I can still play these DVDs even though they are PAL formatted. If you would like to order his DVDs, but don't have a PAL compatible player, you can get a really good one for around 60 dollars off a certain famous Internet auction site. I bought a Pioneer DV-300 that's been configured to play any region DVD in both PAL and NTSC formats. It works beautifully! Just read the instructions on how to set up your player for both formats. It may appear that it's not going to play the disc right, but if you read the directions, it'll tell you how to use a button combination to select the right mode you need. I hope this helps someone! I love being able to play any DVD from anywhere in the world.
Jamie and Brian, if your reading this, Job Well Done!

5.0 out of 5 stars Winter wonders, 1 July 2011
The selection of recipes continues from the first series and nothing is repeated. Jamie makes everything look so quick and simple and along with the book, allows one to feel empowered to create the most wondrous winter delights. Each of the series episodes is short and leaves you wanting more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good series!!, 18 Jun. 2013
Excellent recipes and tips. Jamie is always a good teacher. The diference between the other shows is definitily organization per kind of food and how to grow your own food.
They could make a blu-ray with this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jamie At Home, 16 Jan. 2013
Whether Jamie is your cup of tea or not he demonstrates his recipes & techniques well
and also throws in a few interesting growing facts if growing your own is something you do.
An enjoyable watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Easy Cooking - Jamie Style..., 23 Feb. 2010
Martin Swift (Scotland. U. K.) - See all my reviews
When the book 'Jamie at Home' first came out and to me a Christmas Present from my Lovely Wife...I had purchased my self the original DVD to go with it...few people including my self realised that Jamie had also done a second series of programmes that would come out in two volumes of which this review is for the 2nd volume of series 2...
This one covers 'Winter Recipes' and thus Vol 1. covers 'Summer Recipes'...
Although I like Jamie Oliver as a chef quite a lot...the book to this series and the three set DVDs I really like, plus 'Jamie Christmas' DVD as well...
I Recommend all these...

5.0 out of 5 stars I love his country house and life there, 29 Sept. 2013
Saw this program thru our cable TV in Tokyo and I wanted to buy its DVD for a long time and finally I got it. I love his country house and life there. I always feel as if I actually visit him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner cooks' best trick, 3 Feb. 2013
This guy is hilarious and talented. His passion for food is contagious. Lots of the recipes in there have made our usual routine. Easy, quick and freaking tasty!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›