5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Good
I feel I should start by saying I am in the camp of not minding "another Live Album" from Rush. I think their live albums often sound more dynamic and alive than the studio versions and this one doesn't disappoint. I saw the show in London and the whole set is included on the two discs, minus the hilarious Southpark intro to Tom Sawyer. The Snakes and Arrows songs work...
Published on 24 April 2008 by Graham Hallett

3.0 out of 5 stars ...does what it sez on the tin...
Last years Snakes & Arrows album saw Rush hitting a belated creative high, something reflected both in journalistic appraisal and in the shape of a Grammy nomination. Why, even I said of the record that "this is the sound of a veteran band finding a way to charge the batteries and finding a way to move forward without leaving the past behind".

In fact, it was...
Published on 25 April 2008 by Mr. H

5.0 out of 5 stars Just superb - again!, 21 April 2008
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
It's criminal how under-rated these guys are really. This is a fantastic album, granted I haven't played it many times yet, but it was a great tour, for an excellent album, and these guys believe in giving good value for money. [When REM's new album weighs in at only 34 minutes, my heroes give me a double cd of the whole gig, weighing in well over two hours!]

For the quality of their material, the strength of songs throughout their back catalogue, their willingness to move on, and for the sheer skill of each band member, these guys should get six stars not five! I've taken one star off because I don't approve of a live album from every tour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 5 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
Top quality recording, bang for buck value, great all round reminder of some great shows in the UK last year.

Oh, and buy the DVD too - it's even better viewing the magnificent musicianship !!

Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars another Rush live album, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
They seem to like publishing their live shows. I think they have 11 live albums. So this is one more. A good collection of songs and an excellent sound. Check out the setlist before buying it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rush at their very best. They make the best live albums of any ..., 13 April 2015
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
Rush at their very best. They make the best live albums of any band I know, and really seem to care that the audience is having a great time

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only ever buy one Rush CD . . ., 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
I cannot believe how good this live double cd is. Great selection of tracks, and everyone playing at their very best. Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rush never let you down, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
Love the first disc. Lots of my faves from my teens. I think these guys are amazing, they must tour Australia soon.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Rush - They Just Get Better, 1 Mar. 2008
S. BROWNE (Ashford, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
I saw Rush five times on the UK leg of their Snakes & Arrows 2007 world tour. Whats great about this release is that the band played alot of the new album. As this is the bands seventh (I think) live album alot of the old tracks (2112, By-Tor etc) are missing. During the tour I felt that songs such as Spindrift sounded alot better live that the recorded album version. I personally am really looking forward to this release.
I understand that there is also to be a DVD release of this same gig in autumn 2008.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top band, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
Class album, Rush are my favourite band and are brilliant live. I have the DVD but it's no good in the car

5.0 out of 5 stars How can you say it's a step too far?, 14 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
I personally disagree with what JJ said... Rush are an awesome band, i am 18 and have grown up with rush since i was about two as my dad is an avid fan. I followed in his footsteps (not tht ppl want to hear about my life!) but either way, rush are by far the best band i have heard live. Yes the music is pretty much as the album dictated, but there are a few subtle tweaks which make it slightly different and better, one notable improvement (in my mind at least) is the fact it is purely the bass and no drums or guitar at the beginning of malignant narcissism. I am a rush fanatic, by a long way, and will be buyin the Live album to go with the studio and bootleg i recorded.

admitedly you cannot review a product not yet released, but rush live albums have been the best quality live albums of pretty much any prog rock band, i am infact currently listening to different stages, which is amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crystal ball gazing into the future, 8 Mar. 2008
M. A. Franklin "mancity2-1" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) (Audio CD)
I find it astonishing that anyone can review an album before they've heard it - it's not even been released yet!! In my opinion, Rush are fantastic. They have consistently produced great music over more than three decades. Thier Snakes & Arrows tour was also fantastic and, if this album is anything like as good, it'll be great.

However, let's wait until it's been released first and then we can review it properly. I, too, am really looking forward to it.

Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD)
Snakes & Arrows Live (2CD) by Rush (Audio CD - 2008)