Flavour: Chocolate|Size: 908g|Change

on 31 May 2014
Great product 1 for breakfast and 1 post session. I now need to go onto google earth to view my biceps.
on 9 January 2013
Been using this product for about 2 months and i'm happy with the results it has produced.

For the price, 1 daily shake has very high protein content but is very low in calories, sugars and fats. I didn't realise how good the ingredients were until I could read them on the box. This would help others if it was on the product description.

The taste is a little odd - the shake only seems to break down fully with water and appears lumpy if done with milk. To get round this I mix the powder with 1/4 water, then add 3/4 soya milk once the powder is broken down.

Results have been very good - and for this reason, I'm coming back for another tub of powder.
on 17 July 2014
This is incredible value! The tub is HUGE! If you think about one of the paint pots you would get the basic undercoat in - you're on the right lines! It really made me laugh when it arrived!

This is my first attempt at training with a Whey Protein supplement, so I can't compare it with other brands (other than the price) but I can definitely feel the difference. I've been adding a scoop (which is included - probably somewhere in the bottom of the powder!) into my Pre-Gym NutriBlast and it has helped no end. I train as hard as ever, but I don't get any muscle fatigue! I'm only a week in, so it's difficult to see if there is any physical benefit yet.

It might be different for people trying to whisk or shake this into a drink, but in my NutriBullet, there is no clumping, just a nice even thick(ish) smoothie. The taste is nice - but I like Vanilla! And even though I'm loading it on top of other fruit and vegetables, the Vanilla smell and taste is very strong.

I don't think you can go wrong for this MUCH at this PRICE (as long as you have somewhere to store the enormous bucket!)
on 8 October 2012
The product arrived exceptionally fast. It is cheaper and exactly the same as you buy in the shops. Very pleased
on 17 July 2015
I have been using this product for a while and have had no complaints with it so far. However this is the second time I have bought the 2.5kg Vegan 90+ (sold by Amazon) and something has changed. The others although tasteless were drinkable and were easy to mix. This latest batch is NOT the same product. It does not mix well in a shaker, it froths up quite a lot just using a single scoop of powder. It now also has a chemical after taste which is very unpleasant, like drinking some mild washing up liquid. I have used/wasted/thrown away a fair bit of it thinking it was maybe just me or the shaker I was using. I have tried to stick with it but really does not taste right. What to do with 2.5kg of it? Will not be buying again!
on 2 January 2013
It does not taste much like chocolate yet at the same time it tastes better than other shakes I've used in the past. The protein content is high and the fat and carb ratio is spot on for anyone looking to build lean muscle tissue. I'll mix in some citrulline and beta alanine (Primaforce Citrulline Malate 200 Grams + FREE Beta Alanine 250 Grams Powder) prior to going to gym and as a result have been experiencing a more full and "pumped up" looking muscle during the day, not just while at the gym. It has also improved my overall level of health. I haven't had a cold/flu since I begun taking this mix. Prior to taking it I average 3-5 colds/flu a year. I've now been taking it over two years without getting sick once. My energy level has also greatly improved.
0Comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 November 2013
Should be called 70, not 90. Not as described, misleading description

I made a comparison between 3 protein shakes based on their composition per 100g. This product Vanilla 2.5kg scored well re protein 86g, carbs 6.8g, fat 3.5g as per the details obtained from the photos of the label matching my product. There was no nutritional breakdown in the description.

I decided to make a purchase based on this but when the item arrived I discovered that the composition was completely different, protein was only 70g (not 86g) and carbs were higher at 16g (not 6.8g).

I'm a little disappointed and feel that this items description is not accurate. The description states that its 90+ % protein, this is not the case as from the nutritional stats its actually only 70% based on 70g per 100g.

I have sampled it and agree that its not the best tasting shake that I've had, tastes a little grainy and chalky and does not really taste of vanilla. I realise that taste is not a major reason to buy the shake and good taste is just a bonus, however I would at least expect it to be as described. If I had known the true composition of the product I would have shopped elsewhere.

Not very happy!
review image
44 comments|21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 June 2015
I believe that this is the best protein blend on the market and it is an excellent price too. It is very cheap if bought 5Kg at a time. NutriSport have been around since 1988 and they manufacture their protein themselves in the UK, so they know and most importantly the customer knows that they are producing the best quality possible. The salt content of 2.5g per 100g in this product covers all types of salt not just sodium chloride (table salt) other salts such as potassium and magnesium are also covered. I believe that the addition of rice and soy protein in this blend improves the product by providing a wider variety of proteins, the blend now consists of four protein sources, whey, casein, rice and soy. The best way to use this protein is to get a NutriSport shaker (they come free with other NutriSport products, search Amazon for "NutriSport Shaker") and put the powder in first, add water up to a pint, 568ml, then mix with a fork, then put the top on the shaker and make sure it is screwed on tight, but not too tight as it will jump a thread. Close the mouthpiece, then shake and drink. If the lid is on tight the shaker does not leak. The protein tastes good with water and mixes the best with water. You can try skimmed milk if you wish to improve the flavour. I first used this protein in 2005.
on 25 November 2013
Received my delivery of nutrisport 90+ chocolate 2 days ago and have to say I'm very pleased with it. I'm not an experienced lifter but have done enough reading up on protein powders (and reading of reviews from lifters more experienced than myself) to say that this product is of excellent quality and value. The protein sources are the best and at 86% protein it is perfect for those looking to add lean muscle.

To say this product tastes 'disgusting' or 'putrid' is a bit OTT in my opinion. Mine doesn't really taste like chocolate but it really is not that bad and you can add some peanut butter, cocoa powder or coffee or whatever you like to adjust the taste. As for the protein % nowhere on the product does it claim to be 90% protein. I believe the '90+' on the front is reffering to the amount of protein you will consume if you follow nutrisports suggestions for using this product i.e. 2 servings a day which gives you over 90 grams protein.

If you're looking for a high % of high quality protein and are not too fussy about taste this product is a great buy!
on 8 July 2013
I read the reviews on this page and was a little cautious about people claiming it to be too disgusting to consume! I decided to give it a try and just grin & bare it if it was as bad as what everybody was going on about!
I bought the chocolate flavor as the safest bet and it arrived today, obviously my first reaction was to eat some to taste it straight from the tub ..... tasted pretty good! Hmmm, people were saying it was when it was mixed with water? I'l try that! - yeah it took a lot of shaking to dissolve into the water but once i started drinking i was appalled that people were moaning!
IT TASTES PRETTY GOOD! This is the first protein powder i have used but i can imagine if it were to taste "better" you would pretty much have chocolate milkshake!

Ignore the absolute pansies on the low end of the reviews, this is fuel, not an amusement ride and it is barely difficult to drink at all! Even my girlfriend (writing this on her account just to clarify! i'm not unfortunately named!) tried it and couldn't believe all the one star reviews listed here!

If you are interested in nutrition over "chocolateyness" then i would highly recommend this protein!