Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Flavour: VeganSize: 908gChange

on 31 May 2014
Great product 1 for breakfast and 1 post session. I now need to go onto google earth to view my biceps.
on 9 January 2013
Been using this product for about 2 months and i'm happy with the results it has produced.

For the price, 1 daily shake has very high protein content but is very low in calories, sugars and fats. I didn't realise how good the ingredients were until I could read them on the box. This would help others if it was on the product description.

The taste is a little odd - the shake only seems to break down fully with water and appears lumpy if done with milk. To get round this I mix the powder with 1/4 water, then add 3/4 soya milk once the powder is broken down.

Results have been very good - and for this reason, I'm coming back for another tub of powder.
on 2 January 2013
It does not taste much like chocolate yet at the same time it tastes better than other shakes I've used in the past. The protein content is high and the fat and carb ratio is spot on for anyone looking to build lean muscle tissue. I'll mix in some citrulline and beta alanine (Primaforce Citrulline Malate 200 Grams + FREE Beta Alanine 250 Grams Powder) prior to going to gym and as a result have been experiencing a more full and "pumped up" looking muscle during the day, not just while at the gym. It has also improved my overall level of health. I haven't had a cold/flu since I begun taking this mix. Prior to taking it I average 3-5 colds/flu a year. I've now been taking it over two years without getting sick once. My energy level has also greatly improved.
on 8 October 2012
The product arrived exceptionally fast. It is cheaper and exactly the same as you buy in the shops. Very pleased
on 25 November 2013
Received my delivery of nutrisport 90+ chocolate 2 days ago and have to say I'm very pleased with it. I'm not an experienced lifter but have done enough reading up on protein powders (and reading of reviews from lifters more experienced than myself) to say that this product is of excellent quality and value. The protein sources are the best and at 86% protein it is perfect for those looking to add lean muscle.

To say this product tastes 'disgusting' or 'putrid' is a bit OTT in my opinion. Mine doesn't really taste like chocolate but it really is not that bad and you can add some peanut butter, cocoa powder or coffee or whatever you like to adjust the taste. As for the protein % nowhere on the product does it claim to be 90% protein. I believe the '90+' on the front is reffering to the amount of protein you will consume if you follow nutrisports suggestions for using this product i.e. 2 servings a day which gives you over 90 grams protein.

If you're looking for a high % of high quality protein and are not too fussy about taste this product is a great buy!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 July 2014
This is incredible value! The tub is HUGE! If you think about one of the paint pots you would get the basic undercoat in - you're on the right lines! It really made me laugh when it arrived!

This is my first attempt at training with a Whey Protein supplement, so I can't compare it with other brands (other than the price) but I can definitely feel the difference. I've been adding a scoop (which is included - probably somewhere in the bottom of the powder!) into my Pre-Gym NutriBlast and it has helped no end. I train as hard as ever, but I don't get any muscle fatigue! I'm only a week in, so it's difficult to see if there is any physical benefit yet.

It might be different for people trying to whisk or shake this into a drink, but in my NutriBullet, there is no clumping, just a nice even thick(ish) smoothie. The taste is nice - but I like Vanilla! And even though I'm loading it on top of other fruit and vegetables, the Vanilla smell and taste is very strong.

I don't think you can go wrong for this MUCH at this PRICE (as long as you have somewhere to store the enormous bucket!)
on 6 September 2014
90+ protein used to refer to the content per 100 grams. It was the best protein available for the price with whey isolate and micellar casein the 2 protein sources. In a 5kg tub you would get 4.5 km of quality protein.
Now though as has been reported before nutrisport have changed the formula whilst keeping the name the same. Now the protein content is 70 percent and made up of lesser quality proteins such as soya. Therefore in the 5kg tub you are only getting 3.5kg of inferior protein as opposed to 4.5kg of quality protein. Nutrisport have misled us, stealing a kg of protein from our tubs and replacing it with cheap filler. I shall never purchase the product again.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2014
For the reviewer who rated it 1 star because it tasted "putrid": All protein shakes taste pretty bad after you've had to drink them several times. It's their general consistency that puts me off but after buying expensive stuff instead I can tell you that spending more only slightly improves the taste, and can give you less protein per serving. So don't spend more money to get a better taste, you'll get sick of how they all taste over time. This one is definitely not the worst I've had.

Advice to combat the taste: hold your nose while you drink it, and mix it well (not with a fork, use a shaker or a blender). Clamping your snout shut makes it taste like nothing at all.

For protein they recommend 2 heaped scoops per serving which is 70g and they say it's 70g of protein per 100g of powder. Easy calculation for protein per serving then: 70/100*70 = 70/10*7 = 7*7 = 49g of protein per shake. If you level fill each scoop you'll probably get 30g per scoop, so 60g per 100g, therefore 42g of protein per scoop.

I recommend mixing with half milk, half water. Add milk first, then the powder, then water on top. Sandwiching the powder between the liquid stops it from sticking to the bottom (which happens if you ass the powder before the liquid), or caking the roof of your shaker with slightly damp powder (which happens if you put it on top of the liquid).
You'll figure out how much to fill it to make it not too thick, personally I prefer drinking more than drinking less, thick shake.
Side note: milk usually has 3.4g protein per 100ml so if you drink it with a pint of milk (568ml), you get an extra 19g of protein. Milk is fatty though - offset that with skimmed milk.

Only downside is I'm sick of its taste now but that happens with every other protein shake out there - I remember liking the taste of this when I first bought it. Don't let moisture get in the tub either (have it open for as short a time as possible) or it clumps together and makes the last few shakes lumpy even with a shaker. Again, this happens with all supplement powders out there. Cheers!
on 31 March 2015
Amazing protein powder. The reviews made me really really weary about buying this product but for how cheap it is I thought why not. I ordered the banana flavoured and mixed it with half water half milk (added a bit of sweetener because I love it extra sweet) and I couldn't believe how tasty it was. I think some people were expecting a little too much from what is essentially a protein supplement. The taste is not as bad as the reviews make out. i haven't tried the other flavours yet.
on 24 November 2013
Should be called 70, not 90. Not as described, misleading description

I made a comparison between 3 protein shakes based on their composition per 100g. This product Vanilla 2.5kg scored well re protein 86g, carbs 6.8g, fat 3.5g as per the details obtained from the photos of the label matching my product. There was no nutritional breakdown in the description.

I decided to make a purchase based on this but when the item arrived I discovered that the composition was completely different, protein was only 70g (not 86g) and carbs were higher at 16g (not 6.8g).

I'm a little disappointed and feel that this items description is not accurate. The description states that its 90+ % protein, this is not the case as from the nutritional stats its actually only 70% based on 70g per 100g.

I have sampled it and agree that its not the best tasting shake that I've had, tastes a little grainy and chalky and does not really taste of vanilla. I realise that taste is not a major reason to buy the shake and good taste is just a bonus, however I would at least expect it to be as described. If I had known the true composition of the product I would have shopped elsewhere.

Not very happy!