5.0 out of 5 stars The most scientifically researched supplement ever
Just a quick intro to Creatine if you don't already know, and then the review of these Maximuscle capsules lower down.

Published on 28 Oct 2009 by A. GILL

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but only works when take them
I am on protein now as proton has longer effects,these just make your skin tight as long as you take these, even if you don't exercise

Dosage is recommended to be 5g but I'd recommend 2.5g
Published 11 months ago by HonestyAG

5.0 out of 5 stars The most scientifically researched supplement ever, 28 Oct 2009
A. GILL "ag55" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: MaxiNutrition formerly Maximuscle Creatamax Strength and Power Capsules - Tub of 120 (Personal Care)

Creatine is the most scientifically researched supplement ever, the actual substance is produced naturally in your body (but the amounts are so insignificant). For example, naturally our body's whole reserve would run out in about 10 seconds after we started training. You can get it from foods like red meat, but again you would need to eat 100s of pieces to get a decent amount in your body. Creatine itself provides energy for the muscles so they contract more (i.e you can do more reps, lift heavier and go for longer) - it sounds very lucrative and thats why so many people use it. Best of all, the science actually proves it works.

So after careful consideration i knew i had to add it to my training regime if i wanted to see some truly great results. After about 2 months of taking it i can hand on heart say this is brilliant. I noticed results in the first week, it was kind of scary how well it worked. I chose capsules over the widely used powder just for convenience, although they are much more expensive. I take them with grapefruit juice - taking creatine with some form of juice is highly recommended to aid digestion or it will likely cause stomach cramps, 1 glass of juice with each tablet works great.

The first week is known as a loading phase where you simply make sure your body is full of creatine, once digested it stays in your muscles until its needed (when you start training). Then next comes the maintenance phase where you take it just to keep the reserves topped up, because it is used when you exercise. Then after a few weeks YOU NEED TO TAKE A BREAK. Stop using it completley because some research has suggested if you dont let your body produce its own supply too, however small it may be it thinks the supplements will provide for it all the time, and it could actually stop naturally producing it which is very bad.

In conclusion its a great supplement which does yield some amazing results, use it responsibly by following the instructions on the bottle and maybe researching a bit yourself.
5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 May 2011
Delighted with this product. Always a bit wary when it comes to these things but decided to give it a try. Girlfriend noticed the difference within a couple of weeks. Kept to the same eating plan and trained as normal in the gym but was surprised how quickly i have increased the weight across my program. Gave me the confidence and belief that all the hard work was producing results. I would recommend you try this for a month and see how you get on before committing to multible orders. Take measurements and re-check after 2 weeks as you should feel and look better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximuscle Creatamax Dietary Supplement, 5 Feb 2011
R. Morrell (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
I cannot recommend this item enough. Superb! Having been using these creatine supplements for a month now the results really are incredible! As a manual worker I have not found the need for a lot of gym work to help these supplements take effect. Obviously some gym work is better than none and the supplements alone cannot be expected to magically transform you into a lean, mean machine without the help of regular exercise and a healthy diet. In the last month since starting to take the supplements, I have bulked up more than I have in the previous 4 years of manual work. I am also a type 1 diabetic and for me these supplements have had no effect on my blood sugar levels or interfered at all with insulin doses. However since everyone is different, I would suggest that caution is taken when starting any new supplementary regime especially with an underlying health issue and medical advice should be sought just incase the supplement might have an adverse effect on you. As a previous reviewer has mentioned, the supplements should be taken with juice or smoothie. I've found a couple of mouthfulls of smoothie per capsule works for me. It is also worth noting that although 120 capsules sounds like a lot, the recommended usage is 4 per day. 2 in the morning and 2 with lunch, therefore 120 capsules will only last you 30 days. You can alter the dosage but I have found 4 per day to be more than adequate. As the previous reviewer also mentioned, a complete break from the supplements for a week every 2 months is highly recommend to allow your body to continue to naturally produce creatine and I will be following their advice.

To summarise. These supplements, when used correctly, will yield incredible results and although a bit pricey, it is a price worth paying. 5*!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am freaked out..., 12 May 2012
I am seriously freaked out. Having started a load phase where I take one every day with a glass of cranbery juice, and go to gym few days a week. In only two days of taking it, I managed to increase all my weights by 5kg! On some machines I added 10 kg,and doing it without any problem. Apart from that, item arrived very quickly,eralier than it shoud've. Highly reccomned this stuff for all people who are attending gym, but I also do reccomend to consult with somebody about how you should take it,or maybe just search up in the internet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Creatine to the max!, 23 Feb 2010
S. Kane "Explorer" (uk) - See all my reviews
Absolutely brilliant, after only a week(without training) i felt alot stronger, my muscles were more solid, i found i could work for much longer and harder, i recommend this to anyone interested in physical exercise,5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 8 July 2014
Worked out before but started to notice I was getting more from my workout using these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Food supplement, 21 April 2014
This was for my Grandson , he seems pleased with it but I have difficulty understanding his grunts (he is a teenager) .

5.0 out of 5 stars really works!, 6 Aug 2013
i starting using this product during my regular training. it is not spectacular but it really works i feel like my muscles are getting stronger and i could increase the weights by about 10-15% depending on the exercise.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to make a difference, 30 July 2013
D. Tomkin "Dave" (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
Only been using one tub so far and I visit the gym with the father in law to do some boxing, and it wasnt until this week after I had been taking this for a while that i noticed (and he commented) that my power had increased. I thought I was hitting harder as well...... 4 Stars for now as I feel this may be helping but will review this as time goes on

4.0 out of 5 stars Creatine?, 18 May 2013
First time taking this batch of creatine. Really felt like I could last longer in the gym throughout sessions.

Would recommend.