5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket
A very tasty and convenient way to get a nutritious snack on the hoof. Not the cheapest (at least at current prices) but after extensive lunchtime research of similar products I think Promax bars are the best when you need a mobile meal. The taste is not overly sweet and would satisfy anyone who enjoys plain chocolate, the texture is firm (bit like a Boost bar) and the...
Published on 8 Nov 2010 by fenric

3.0 out of 5 stars Caffeine and CLA - any benefits?
I have been battling the bulge of my beer belly for over a year, and these filling, chunky and chewy Diet Bars really did help a lot. Compared to other, either bigger or less satisfying, protein bars on the market, Maximuscle again floors all competitors for taste, texture and a feeling of fullness long after consuming these bars. However, I recently began to question the...
Published on 26 Dec 2009 by Mr. A. J. Low

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: MaxiNutrition Promax Lean 60 g Chocolate Orange Lean Definition Bars - Box of 12 (Formerly Known as Maximuscle) (Personal Care)
I ordered a few boxes of this but was sent old stock of Maximuscle bars (despite being clearly listen and shown in images as the new bars) with a short best before date of October. In fact the ones I ordered do not even seem to have CAFFEINE in, they're totally different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, helpful!, 8 May 2009
V. Nicholl (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Can you lose weight just by adding these bars to your diet? Of course not. You need to exercise and make sure you have a good diet, and are buring more calories than you eat (no crash dieting though, you just end up putting it all back on, and usually some extra you didn't have before). These bars can form a really useful part of a sensible diet/exercise regime. They aren't the best tasting bars of food, but you do get used to them, and I've found them helpful in achieving my fitness and weight loss goals. Worth trying!

3.0 out of 5 stars Helpful supplier - avoid consumption on an empty stomach!, 21 Sep 2014
Good comms by supplier. Delay in despatch due to item being out of stock so I was more than happy with the way I was kept in the loop. First time trying this particular product. Handy for filling in a gap when out & about on the move. I would though recommend a meal very soon after having a bar. Probably within the hour as I have experienced that having a bar on an empty stomach really can cause some rather uncomfortable bowel movements! Felt that I was in serious danger of being caught out so going forward I will only consume when I know that I am in not to distant reach of a meal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Use them after the gym!, 25 Dec 2009
I use these bars after a gym workout to restore energy and add to protein levels. They keep me going for a while until my next meal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Something they changed with the formula that messed up my ..., 19 Oct 2014
Something they changed with the formula that messed up my digestion. It's really strong and seems to be full of acidic components.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not keen, 9 April 2014
Not my cuppa tea! Taste vile and taste a lot different to *Chocolate* defiantly sticking to Sci-Mx bars im affraid

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Maximuscle - what have you done?, 4 May 2012
These bars used to be absolutely delicious but something has changed and they are now revolting. So much so that I can no longer eat them. So disappointed as i have been buying these for years and sadly I am now cancelling my regular order. Whatever you have changed in the recipe Maximuscle, please put them back to how they used to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 21 April 2014
Great for on the go and for a quick snack. They are good at helping you look after your diet has helped me with your trainning. Great flavours including chocolate and mint, and also the flavoursome dark chocolate taste is great in all three flavours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for the lowest price I've come across, 11 April 2014
I use these as a mid afternoon, protein-rich snack. They're a good size so satisfy your hunger between meals, they taste good and are a lot more palatable than similar products I've tried. If you time it right the green tea extracts etc give you a nice little boost for your workout too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product but not as advertised., 5 April 2014
The product arrived promptly and in good condition. Upon opening the package I found that the product is the old Maximuscle stock not the new MaxiNutrition bars as advertised. Other than that issue the product is still good.

After contacting Amazon they promptly sent be a new box of the MaxiNutrition stock at no added cost.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›