Package Quantity: 1Change

on 26 July 2014
Very disappointed in this product, described as a "natural lotion" with the following list of ingredients :
Organic Aloe Vera, Avocado oil, Jojoba oil, Chamomile flower, Fragrance: Lemon oil, Lavender oil, Orange oil and Patchouli oil.
In reality it has over 50 ingredients including butyl methoxydibenzolymethane and ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (both SYNTHETIC compouns used to absorb uva and uvb rays) amoungst lots of other chemical ingredients.
Very misleading description and ingredients. I would definitely not recommend this product.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 October 2013
First time I've ever returned from holiday without prickly heat rash! Would definitely buy it again & recommend it to others.
VINE VOICEon 19 May 2013
Our whole family use it daily as a face moisturiser before we leave the house. I am black and have spent years looking for a UVA and UVB organic lotion that did not make me look like a clown with white streaks. This has wonderful oils and goes in well. We have one in car and one near the front door. It's very reasonably priced too. If you purchased a UVA and UVB lotion on the high street you would get a tiny pot/tube and pay many times more this price.
on 27 June 2015
Many years I have suffered from Prickly heat. I've tried numerous amounts of "anti allergy" lotions which all resulted in rashes.

I was directed at this product after some intensive online research and I have thus far gone through a whole bottle of it with great success!
The heat rash is now down to the minimum and I guess if I do get it anywhere the aloe soothes it and lets it breathe But 8/10 times I haven't got it where as before I got it 10/10 times in the sun. When I use this product whilst taking antihistamines I don't get heat rash at all which is amazing!!!!!

The only down side to this product is that it's quite thick and I can feel it on my skin when applying. In very hot temperatures it feels like I'm slapping on another layer of sweat and re-applying after a few hours feels gross. Apart from that it's excellent! Very moisturising and does the job of protecting against harmful sun rays (I don't get sun burnt)

Now I have bought the SPF 15 to use as normal daily regime face cream and I will be purchasing the SPF50 cream for burning man.

I highly recommend this product
on 26 October 2013
Nice product brought this before, Given it as present to families going on holiday they liked it too.
Will buy it again.
on 4 May 2014
the same review as the sun lotion 15 200ml i would not recommend this too anybody who suffers from prickly heat ..
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Like many people, my face is sensitive to sun cream.

I've been trying different kinds to see which I can use without flaring up or feeling dry afterwards, and thought paying a bit more for a cream that suggests it's more 'natural' than others might give better results. I was wrong.

Aloe Pura Organic Aloe Vera SPF25 Sun Lotion 200ml is no better for the skin on my face than cheaper creams. My skin felt dry and itchy (for 2+ days after), and my forehead acquired itchy bumps (after just an hour of Spring sunshine).

When the cream has been on your skin for a little while and has, supposedly 'dried in', it can be rubbed off into a crumbly paste between your fingers. This doesn't seem right to me.

It does contain avocado and other natural ingredients, though maybe this is just a way to sell its "natural" credentials.

Reading the ingredients, it also says it contains different types of wheat extract, which coeliacs might like to think about.

NB: Think twice about buying from "Chemist Counter Direct", as they refused to consider my returns case on the basis the item had been 'opened', even though I was complaining about the performance of the product itself.

UPDATE: Full refund through Amazons excelent 'A-to-Z Guarantee Programme'.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2013
My Son has eczema and always had an allergic reaction to most sun cream. He had no problems with this one. Only issue was it didn't seem overly waterproof so best to reapply after swimming.
on 26 July 2015
Just back from fortnight's holiday in a very hot menorca.Ipurchased this cream as I have suffered from prickly heat for thirty five years and most reviews said it was great for this. I have used every cream available and even had medication for prickly heat all to no avail I can honestly say this is the worst product I have ever used and my worst ever outbreak of prickly heat I only spend twenty minutes max at any one time in the sun and also suffered. Sun burn with it also it stains your clothes waste of money and poor protection!
on 9 September 2015
A cannot recommend this sun tan lotion highly enough!
I have suffered from Prickly Heat for over 20 years and have tried everything possible to get rid of it but with little or no effect. I was recommended this product by a friend who also suggested I use the after sun, use Sanex antibacterial shower gel and deodorant, use no perfumes or body lotions and take daily antihistamines. I went to Portugal in August, followed her advice and got no prickly heat! I also developed a lovely golden tan which has lasted weeks.