5.0 out of 5 stars Taste's terrible but it's the best whey powder!
I usually don't care much about how something tastes as long as it's good for me.

Published on 9 July 2010 by E. Agupitan

2.0 out of 5 stars Aspartame Aspartate
As I do not wish to take Aspartame at any time, I checked the ingredients and with the help of customer services at Amazonco.uk, Discover that Aspartate is an artificial product of Aspartame ..( . . .quote .Aspartate, the principal chemical component of aspartame, is a neurotransmitter and a type of excitatory amino acid.)
Although this product is said to be...
Published 12 months ago by Jean -Manchester

5.0 out of 5 stars Taste's terrible but it's the best whey powder!, 9 July 2010
E. Agupitan (London) - See all my reviews

However, this really does do insult to the term "strawberry". BUT it's probably the best whey powder out there AND cheaper than the other much lower grade powders. Even Optimum Nutrition say that Whey Protein Isolate is the best quality whey one can get but while ON whey powders are a mix of whey, this one is 100% Whey Protein Isolate.

Oh, and I forgot to say, it does not mix very well with water either.

Anyway, still deserves 5 stars for the quality and the amazingly low price.

Just drink it down and don't try to "taste" it

Incidentally, the chocolate flavour is a little bit better.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes yes yes, 25 Aug 2010
this stuff is goooooood, i been having chocolate in other brands for 2 years because other flavours always taste like poo especially e.g. strawberry and banana.

but this brand the chocolate taste like drinking chocolate, its so good you wouldnt think it is whey protein you would think its weight gainer or carb included supplement!!!!!!!!!!!!

great texture , disolves better than other brands, the price & free creatine isnt bad either ;-)

Maximum protein minimum effort versus alternate powders/bars

Well done Nutrisport ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars fair product, review for chocolate whey protein drink., 28 May 2011
This is a review for the chocolate version.

I mix it with unsweetened soya milk instead of water and it is really lovely- although I have it in half-pint amounts not a whole pint at a time.
I'm following the Atkins low carbohydrate way of eating, and I find this far nicer and easier to mix that the Atkins low carb shake chocolate flavour. It is also much better value for money and lower in carbs (2.4 g per 40g serving which is 2 scoops of powder with 1 pint of water). So, for a filling snack/ breakfast drink, it's 1.2 carbs plus a minute amount of carbs for my unsweetened soya milk!

It's also low calorie, with added vitamins.

Update August 2011. I am a bit sick of the taste, and think I would rather try some strawberry or vanilla- something I could flavour up myself with some real berries in order to make it taste more pleasant. I don't think it's actually very chocolatey at all.
However, this is a good, filling product that does not have a massive amount of calories, and the carb level is low, ideal for me on the Atkins way of eating. Have put my rating down to 4 stars as it doesn't taste amazing, but it doesn't make me gag!

5.0 out of 5 stars Muscle definition without bulk :), 11 Dec 2011
E. Goss (UK) - See all my reviews
The only Whey Isolate I use. It works for me as I am after the muscle definition without the bulk (am female). It suppresses those urges to eat the entire fridge contents post gym/class/squash session.
I use it 3 to 4 times a week and the tub lasts well over a month.
Vanilla tastes good and as I know I like it, I have only bought this flavour although I expect the other flavours are acceptable.
I would highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars it tastes like chocolate milkshake!, 8 Feb 2012
i got this product a couple of weeks ago and have been taking it post workouts. I was a little bit disappointed with the packaging and the powder. The tub was only half full but it did feel like it was 1kg to me so it must have been the density of the powder. Anyway, the best thing about this is it tastes really amazing, just like chocolate milkshake if u mix it with cold water. Use a proper shaker or even a blender to get best results.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nutrisport Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate 1000g, 4 Jan 2012
Nutrisport Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate 1000g I found was quite effective for muscle recovery. I would use it after a workout, two more the next day and two more the day after if muscles were still sore; doing this significantly reduce muscular pain associated heavy workout sessions and allows a greater amount of time spent in the gym rather than worrying about recovery.
Taste was ok, I have tasted much worse, but it didn't seem to mix well no matter what it is mixed with and always left a chalky texture at the back of the throat that takes a while to get used to. This was however a small complaint as it is, in my opinion, very effective and for the price is an excellent product; which I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate - good with ice!, 27 Jun 2011
Luanne Slingerland (Cape Town, South Africa) - See all my reviews
We use this product along with the 4-hr body diet - 30grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up! - and I must say, it's delicious. Add ice, or mix the powder with really cold water, and it almost feels like a milkshake. Key to a good protein shake, however, is how you mix it. We use the Lucozade Sport 750 ml Shaker Bottle and obtain perfect results every time - no clumps, lots of fluffy air-filled bubbles and, with the ice, the perfect mix.

Just add ice - that's the secret missing ingredient to the other reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste!, 12 Mar 2014
I have been using this protein shake for about 6 months now (the chocolate variant). I am clueless as to why other reviewers are questioning the taste as it tastes very nice and dare I say it's quite a pleasant experience to drink it (although I end up downing it). I mix it with cold oat milk. It isn't overly sweet either so I'm equally confused as to that assertion.

Top product all round and one that I will continue to use for the obvious health benefits - nice one Nutrisport!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 10 Dec 2011
I drink it everyday love it. For me the best way is mix it with half water, half skimmed milk...
it mixes easily and I'm taking it for 3 months and still love the taste...

5.0 out of 5 stars probably the best out there, 4 Mar 2013
Although remember protein isn't some wonder product. It's hard to know how much affect it has when you are obtaining protein throughout the day and night from other high-protein products.

I think it tastes really nice to be honest. It is a really silky texture and I can't understand all those who dislike the taste. I even like how it smells.

I don't see how you can get better for the price of this stuff. I've ordered about 10 so far because it's better than Maximuscle (for example) ine very way. Better nutrition, much higher protein % (I can't even find a higher one!), tastes nicer, better texture and is half the price.

Everyone else should start buying this product so that it becomes cheaper :) GO!

Nutrisport Whey Protein Isolate Chocolate 5Kg