Colour: Clear|Style Name: Sink Mat -Large|Change

on 2 April 2011
Pebble SinkMat Graphite Large

These mats are in Graphite and do not discolour like the white ones do, it cushions things in the sink and I also have one on the drainer to help stop pots sliding as I do not like draining racks.
on 14 February 2011
I know my black silgranite sink is almost indestructible but I didn't want to take a chance and I wanted it to look spectacular for a long as possible. Both my old sinks (plastic and stainless steel)ended up looking very sad. Having a dishwasher, the sink gets used for those awkward items.
Mats are pretty naff in general but this one fits the bill perfectly. It's easy to keep clean, can be cut to fit and looks good. There is absolutely no odour that I can detect (and I am particularly sensitive to such things). It also makes the sink tasks quiet!
on 9 July 2009
We thought we would pay a little more than usual to get a quality mat. However when it arrived, it had an unpleasant chemical smell. After about a week the odour was just as strong as ever, so I complained to the seller (John Lewis) and they kindly refunded my money. They did not want the mat returning and for a second I thought of selling it myself as it was still like new. That would not have been fair on any buyer, so it went straight into the bin. The mat was made in China as almost everything is these days.
on 28 November 2009
Fitted my sink perfectley without the need to trim. Great colour.
No experience of staining but product looks robust enough to soak in a mild solution of bleach if this happens.
I'm now about to buy another for sink draining board as I have a problem with chipping crockery due to the hard surface of my sink.
Excellent cushioning in the sink & grip to prevent chipped items when washing up. Doesn't float & remains gripped to sink when using.
Water drains easily away through pebbles when finished or can cut out plug hole if required.
on 6 January 2011
I've been using this sink mat for about a year now. The good things are that its a thick and heavy sink mat so its not gonna float about when there's alot of water in the sink. You can cut a hole out for the waste plug bit. I even used the bit cut out as a coaster!

But I agree that it does stain and change colour very quickly so you have to be disciplined in cleaning it and bleaching it often as it will show up and look grubby especially if you have a white ceramic sink like me. After you've bleached it, it goes basically white with a tiny bit of translucency remaining, but this changes back to grubby in 2-3 days depending on what's for dinner!

Another thing is in normal use, bits of food gets stuck between the pebbley bits so you need to clean that off too.

But still, this sink mat is the best looking one out there right now in my opinion. Just be careful with your spag bol!
on 10 October 2012
This sink mat has saved my new stainless steel sink getting scratched any further, I wish I had bought it before I used the sink. I have done as suggested and cut a hole for the sink strainer/plug and it works a treat.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2013
This will definitely help stop your crockery clinking in the sink, and will cut down on breakages.

Cons: smells quite strong and continued for about a week. It will stain quickly if you put plates in that have had pasta sauces, curries that sort of thing, although leaving it in solution of bleach and water helps lift them out.

I do need an extra large size as large wasn't big enough for my sink.

But still glad I got it as will help with breaking or chipping.
on 17 December 2013
The product does the job fine. I think it looks a bit better in the photo than in real life, but at the end of the day, it's going at the bottom of my sink so I wasn't really fussed about this. I find food gets caught quite easily in between the 'pebbles' but as this is the first sink mat I've ever bought I don't know whether all mats are like this or not.
on 25 April 2014
If you want a sink mat, then this a good one. It is not hideous and naff (as they usually are), allows the water to drain through, the graphite colour doesn't show stains if you make a tiny bit of effort and give it a wipe, and the mat stops the wife from chipping what's left of the good china (or at least it slows her down).
on 21 June 2016
This sink mat is excellent. I bought two, one for the sink and one for the draining board. The one for the sink I cut to size with no problem. The mat has a very smooth surface so it keeps clean much better than the ridged mat I was using before. very pleased with this product.