5.0 out of 5 stars quality shake and tastes great ICE COLD!
Published 12 months ago by lw8502

Published 18 days ago by Andrew Schlesinger

5.0 out of 5 stars quality shake and tastes great ICE COLD!, 13 Mar. 2014
First of all it will taste good, or as good as a protein shake can, if you add the correct measurement (two scoops) and also use ICE COLD water. Honestly, the difference between using tap cold water and ice cold water was huge. It made the shake very drinkable indeed. I add the water, then the shake, and once finished shaking I usually throw in a couple of ice cubes too.

Results wise, one thing I will say is that I have plenty energy and able to lift more and more often. Arms never feel sore of tired, which shows that it is bringing a lot to the table. As a result I am lifting more and that will help strengthen the muscle in my arm and ultimately make it a lot bigger.

The shake is not hyped as a muscle gainer or mass gainer, but a general all round shake that will do what it says on the tin. If you want to pack on as much lean muscle as you can, then you could order the Anabolic Mass shake, or if you want mass order the Hyperbolic Mass shake. I think this is a good all round shake if you are looking for a good quality supplement that will aid growth and recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 16 Nov. 2014
I have been taking one heaped scoopful (about) 20g, which is quite enough for me after training with an extra one before bed on days when I have done exercise.
I have tried normal whey protein and tried IGF/ GF-1), and find that after taking GF-1 - with several different kinds of protein - I have more energy and am able to think more clearly after a hard work-out or long Karate session, than after taking just normal Whey Protein. It also seems to help give me the extra energy for a long walk home late at night after a tough workout! I also feel that it's helped to build up my muscles. Also found that GF is not too hard on my stomach either.
(At The moment I normally take Whey after training and GF before bed or if I train at Night.)

I am actually a type 1 diabetic too, so have to watch my sugar and carbohydrate intake. This is very low in both, but I find the strawberry and chocolate flavors both taste good mixed with water. It doesn't quite fill me up a lot, but does give me that extra burst of energy and mental focus to keep going after heavy exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good product, 3 April 2013
This review is from: USN Pure Protein GF1 Growth and Repair Protein Shake, Strawberry - 1000 g (Personal Care)
I have enjoyed using this product and would use it again. The taste is nice and the mixing of soy milk to the product is a breeze!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy mix, easy drink, gives results., 21 Feb. 2015
I've been training seriously with weights for around 30 years now (I'm 45) and since around age 32 I've seen a noticeable drop in both strength and stamina.  Around 6 months ago it occurred to me that I wasn't recovering well between workouts and my workout intensity had dropped.  As I started to think about the reasons for this, I realised that,  aside from expected age related performance loss, that I'd neglected my nutrition, so set about correcting this with supplementation. Having used many supplements in my former years, I knew that I wanted 1) a high protein to carb ratio,  so as not to encourage dead weight gain.  2) easy to mix,  as this usually means easy to drink,  3) good taste.  Having read the reviews I chose the USN GF1 and I have to say it was a good choice,  so I'm not planning to change.

It mixes well in water,  although at the recommended quantities (56g to 300-350ml water),  it's a little too watery for my taste so I mix mine with skimmed milk and it tastes good that way (particularly the strawberry). Even mixed with milk,  it's light and pleasant to drink, unlike some cheaper brands I recall from years back that were like drinking wallpaper paste. I've found it to be light on the digestive system,  but most importantly I'm confident that my body is getting the nutrition it needs to repair itself as my aches/pains are much reduced and my workout intensity is more consistent. At 120kg I'm now leaner than I was at the same weight in my 20s and my strength is slowly increasing again.

I'd recommend this to anyone who trains regularly with good intensity and wants to gain/maintain lean muscle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine article worries...edited, 15 Mar. 2013
Contacted Amazon as the bottle that arrived does not look anything like the advertised item. The label states GF1 instead of IGF-1 and looks like a cheaper label. I've gave 1 star based on the fact I have doubts on the authenticity and this makes me uneasy.

The product itself I'd give 5 stars based on the previous 10 bottles I've used, it has just the right consistency and isn't sickly sweet tasting like most proteins.

Edit: Had confirmation from seller within the hour so top marks to them. USN is currently rebranding so this is the latest product. I have since returned to the USN website and they are slowly updating the pictures.Seems odd to drop the IGF-1 label but maybe the world is running out of the 'i' vowel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting results. Quick warning about flavour though., 5 April 2013
Protein content itself: It's common knowledge that protein helps repair muscles after a workout and that you are genuinely better off getting that protein from natural sources such as lean red meat, fish, lean white meat and beans, but for those of you (including myself) who can't afford to eat that much on a daily basis, or simply can't stomach it (like myself again) then this is the next best thing.

Flavour: A quick warning, it smells exactly like marzipan and tastes a bit like it as well. If you don't like marzipan, don't get this. Luckily I happen to not mind it.
So far, cappuccino is the best; vanilla tastes like that nasty milk of magnesia, chocolate smells and tastes a bit cheesey, not tried strawberry yet.

Watch Mike Chan (sixpackshortcuts) and the hodge twins on youtube, but research their advice before you try it out. Most of their advice does help and does apply to non-body builders.

EDIT: You will not lose weight/cut when you take this. As soon as I stopped, the fat and weight just melted off from 75kg to 63kg in a matter of 2 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tasting protein I've ever had, 20 April 2013
Robert (Camberley, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I gave this 5 stars because it tastes really nice and is excellent quality. It sounds a bit of a strange flavour, but the smell reminds me of marzipan on a Christmas cake. It mixes really well in a normal shaker, but is fantastic if you blend it up with ice. It comes out really smooth and thick like a milkshake. I prefer just to mix mine with water and ice.

I've also mixed it with porridge and made pancakes with it too, and it's brilliant!

It has more protein per serving than a lot of others I've tried, which makes it easier to get the necessary number of calories in a day without stuffing myself. I also find these shakes help keep me feeling fuller during he day so I don't pig out on unhealthy stuff. Unlike cheaper powders I've tried they aren't overly sweet and there is no nasty aftertaste.

USN products are at the pricey end of the spectrum but the Amazon prices are pretty reasonable. I get through a 2.28kg tub in about a month.

I've tried the other flavours and they're really good too, but this is my favourite one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really great product where value for money is concerned and gets ..., 10 Mar. 2015
Really great product where value for money is concerned and gets top marks for containing virtually no fat or carbs even compared to the best products out there however this sacrifice of carbs and fats is evident in the flavour, I can only comment on the chocolate creme flavour having not tried the others, It lacks any sweetness at all and honestly tastes similar to licking an envelope. To give this some context I've been drinking these drinks from various brands for the last 3 yrs and understand that they all pale in comparison to a high sugar/fat milkshake from a fast food restaurant because there not high sugar/fat. What I'm comparing the flavour of this product to is the other protein shakes I have used. It is not undrinkable and defiantly stands above the rest for pure protein zero rubbish content and value for money, if that's what your looking for this is the product for you, however lots of people like myself rely on these products to keep their sweet tooth at bay, this won't do it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very rich but great gains!, 16 May 2014
With most whey product you can over do it with the amount of water you put in not this it's quite rich but not sickly! With 2 large scoops ensure you put it enough water! Chocolate is great but the flavour is irrelevant what's important is the gain & you'll gain some good size with this plus it's filled with loads of vitamin! Go try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, 8 Mar. 2013
I really cant rate this highly enough ive tried many different brands and am over awed with this product. Taste is the best on the market barr none. The fact it has very low carbs is ideal for trimming and increasing just muscle. Used now for a year and ive gone from strength to endurance so that i can start running. This has helped massively and im now the best ive looked for years.