5.0 out of 5 stars quality shake and tastes great ICE COLD!
Published 11 months ago by lw8502

3.0 out of 5 stars Good results, bad taste.
I gave it three stars because:

1. The taste isn't great. It is not sweet and I have to add some fruits or a bit of honey to the shake.

2. It does not mix well! I have to put it in the blender every time I want to drink the shake. If I use the regular gym shaker, about 30-40% of it will end up stuck somewhere inside, which I discover late when I wash...
Published 3 days ago by Mohamed Husain

5.0 out of 5 stars quality shake and tastes great ICE COLD!, 13 Mar. 2014
First of all it will taste good, or as good as a protein shake can, if you add the correct measurement (two scoops) and also use ICE COLD water. Honestly, the difference between using tap cold water and ice cold water was huge. It made the shake very drinkable indeed. I add the water, then the shake, and once finished shaking I usually throw in a couple of ice cubes too.

Results wise, one thing I will say is that I have plenty energy and able to lift more and more often. Arms never feel sore of tired, which shows that it is bringing a lot to the table. As a result I am lifting more and that will help strengthen the muscle in my arm and ultimately make it a lot bigger.

The shake is not hyped as a muscle gainer or mass gainer, but a general all round shake that will do what it says on the tin. If you want to pack on as much lean muscle as you can, then you could order the Anabolic Mass shake, or if you want mass order the Hyperbolic Mass shake. I think this is a good all round shake if you are looking for a good quality supplement that will aid growth and recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 16 Nov. 2014
I have been taking one heaped scoopful (about) 20g, which is quite enough for me after training with an extra one before bed on days when I have done exercise.
I have tried normal whey protein and tried IGF/ GF-1), and find that after taking GF-1 - with several different kinds of protein - I have more energy and am able to think more clearly after a hard work-out or long Karate session, than after taking just normal Whey Protein. It also seems to help give me the extra energy for a long walk home late at night after a tough workout! I also feel that it's helped to build up my muscles. Also found that GF is not too hard on my stomach either.
(At The moment I normally take Whey after training and GF before bed or if I train at Night.)

I am actually a type 1 diabetic too, so have to watch my sugar and carbohydrate intake. This is very low in both, but I find the strawberry and chocolate flavors both taste good mixed with water. It doesn't quite fill me up a lot, but does give me that extra burst of energy and mental focus to keep going after heavy exercise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one of the best on the market, 18 Jun. 2014
I have tried many shakes in the past but this one definitely comes out top. For me who wants to get lean muscle and not put on too much size it's great. Low in carbs and tastes great. I bought the Chocolate one and it tastes just like a nice milk shake. I used to use maximuscle and tried different flavours, but always had to add sugar, as the taste was awful. Also the others were so bad that I used to have it with milk to make it bearable (ok I guess if you're putting on size). This one is great with water and a good old shake.

5.0 out of 5 stars a good product, 3 April 2013
This review is from: USN Pure Protein GF1 Growth and Repair Protein Shake, Strawberry - 1000 g (Personal Care)
I have enjoyed using this product and would use it again. The taste is nice and the mixing of soy milk to the product is a breeze!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy mix, easy drink, gives results., 21 Feb. 2015
I've been training seriously with weights for around 30 years now (I'm 45) and since around age 32 I've seen a noticeable drop in both strength and stamina.  Around 6 months ago it occurred to me that I wasn't recovering well between workouts and my workout intensity had dropped.  As I started to think about the reasons for this, I realised that,  aside from expected age related performance loss, that I'd neglected my nutrition, so set about correcting this with supplementation. Having used many supplements in my former years, I knew that I wanted 1) a high protein to carb ratio,  so as not to encourage dead weight gain.  2) easy to mix,  as this usually means easy to drink,  3) good taste.  Having read the reviews I chose the USN GF1 and I have to say it was a good choice,  so I'm not planning to change.

It mixes well in water,  although at the recommended quantities (56g to 300-350ml water),  it's a little too watery for my taste so I mix mine with skimmed milk and it tastes good that way (particularly the strawberry). Even mixed with milk,  it's light and pleasant to drink, unlike some cheaper brands I recall from years back that were like drinking wallpaper paste. I've found it to be light on the digestive system,  but most importantly I'm confident that my body is getting the nutrition it needs to repair itself as my aches/pains are much reduced and my workout intensity is more consistent. At 120kg I'm now leaner than I was at the same weight in my 20s and my strength is slowly increasing again.

I'd recommend this to anyone who trains regularly with good intensity and wants to gain/maintain lean muscle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine article worries...edited, 15 Mar. 2013
Contacted Amazon as the bottle that arrived does not look anything like the advertised item. The label states GF1 instead of IGF-1 and looks like a cheaper label. I've gave 1 star based on the fact I have doubts on the authenticity and this makes me uneasy.

The product itself I'd give 5 stars based on the previous 10 bottles I've used, it has just the right consistency and isn't sickly sweet tasting like most proteins.

Edit: Had confirmation from seller within the hour so top marks to them. USN is currently rebranding so this is the latest product. I have since returned to the USN website and they are slowly updating the pictures.Seems odd to drop the IGF-1 label but maybe the world is running out of the 'i' vowel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very rich but great gains!, 16 May 2014
With most whey product you can over do it with the amount of water you put in not this it's quite rich but not sickly! With 2 large scoops ensure you put it enough water! Chocolate is great but the flavour is irrelevant what's important is the gain & you'll gain some good size with this plus it's filled with loads of vitamin! Go try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, 8 Mar. 2013
I really cant rate this highly enough ive tried many different brands and am over awed with this product. Taste is the best on the market barr none. The fact it has very low carbs is ideal for trimming and increasing just muscle. Used now for a year and ive gone from strength to endurance so that i can start running. This has helped massively and im now the best ive looked for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as easy to stomach as strawberry/chocolate, 10 July 2013
I always stick to the usn pure protein but this month I was feeling adventurous so opted for a different flavour.....this is definitely off my list, its like eating Christmas cake marzipan at 8'o'clock in the morning. Lesson learned back to the other flavours.

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't know what you've got till it's gone, 17 Jun. 2012
After getting right back into my lifting, I have decided to try out several shakes. This was my first buy a while back, even at the end of the tub I was still looking forward to the drink after a workout as the strawberry flavour I genuinely looked forward to. I'm now sat here after a few different shakes and the one in front of me makes me feel quite sick, it was average at first but after a fair few dozen of them daily it's just horrible. Suffice to say, a lot of people tell you (and I used to be one of those people) that it does not matter what it tastes like it is the results..... I say to them, not anymore, I expect both results and taste, as if this product can do it, then the bar has been raised and I now expect the quality. Great shake, am buying another!