Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a moderate to high exercise recovery product, designed to be taken post exercise, which contains 20g of protein per serving,

Looking to up my cycling fitness levels and particularly my muscle strength to fight encroaching disabilities I was delighted to see that this product includes leucine, which is a top-level muscle building product. It also contains a full range of minerals and vitamins, one serving containing from 15% to 57% of the recommended daily allowances across a range of 16 vitamins and minerals.

I used a standard stick blender and jug to prepare the product, since an incident with a ill fitting shaker lid. The REGO powder dissolved well and the taste - ours was chocolate - was perfectly acceptable.

I mixed it with water, as recommended as mixing it with milk slows down the absorption rate and the product is obviously meant to be absorbed quickly, the standard dose being 50g of powder for 500ml of water.

The maltodextrin carbohydrates are easily digestible and unlike some other products, particularly those that contain lactose, there were no unpleasant side effects, .
In summary, a cost-effective premium product, suitable for dairy intolerant users. There are many post - exercise rehydration and recovery products on the market, this one does stand out as a very good buy.
VINE VOICEon 2 March 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a long distance cyclist, I've had to get fairly serious about nutrition so I do think about what I'm going to take onboard before, during and after a ride. One thing I've learnt (from the many mistakes I've made) is that getting some protein in immediately after a ride (and the consensus seems to be to aim for about 20g of protein within 15-30 mins) definitely helps recovery, particularly if you are riding hard on consecutive days.

The SiS Rego appealed as it includes carbs as well as protein, and as a drink is more easily digestible than solids. The taste and texture is pretty good, although I have to say I don't particularly look forward to it (hence it dropped a star), but the performance seems spot on. I have to say my preferred recovery combo remains a protein bar straight after the ride, and then my carbs as I rehydrate after a shower, but for ease of use, this shake is definitely worth a look.
VINE VOICEon 16 March 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using SIS products for a while now. They do gels for use whilst participating in sport which can be taken every half hour or so whilst exercising.

I take part in a lot of long distance cycling events, and as part of routine alongside good nutrition before events / training, gels during riding and this after, it works well.

I make sure I have it within 15 minutes of completing my ride. The taste isn't too bad. It does aid recovery and seems to help to get me ready for the next ride quicker. Certainly it is something that I have incorporated into my routine and it is worth using.

I do t know how much use this would be for people who just do short bursts of exercise, but for those who train longer hours and take part in endurance events I would recommend it.
on 1 April 2013
I have been persiviering for about a year without having anything after my cycles. The pain in my legs were starting to takes its toll. So I decided to try rego as I use other sis drinks which are good. This stuff is brilliant no more next day pain after a hard bike ride;-) all good. Delivery and price good all in all happy man.
on 23 April 2013
Training for a marathon and using SIS gels so I thought I would give this product a try. Excellent after a long run.
on 9 December 2015
The SiS Rego Recovery drink is an excellent aid to your fitness regime. Whether it be after a long training ride on the bike, an intensive trail run or a long session in the gym your post exercise nutrition is essential in making the most out of exercise.

The drink is palatable even when mixed with water which cannot be said for a lot of other recovery drinks on the market. A few other reviews note they found it un-drinkable when mixed with water however I've found that after a hard ride I can easily chug it down in a few seconds as I'm just wanting to quench my thirst. This isn't meant to be a delightful cocktail but I don't find it unpleasant either.
Mixing with water also means that you can mix up a drink immediately after a gym session while on the go making sure that you consume within the 30 minutes post exercise for max effectiveness.

In terms of seeing the benefits of the drink I find that I don't wake up the following day with sore, aching and stiff muscles instead I feel much more recharged and ready to go again. No more sessions or exercise plans are missed due to tiredness and I have been able to increase the workload I can put on myself yielding greater results in a much shorter time-frame.

I would recommend SiS Rego to anyone undertaking intensive exercise sessions and struggling with fatigue in the days following exercise. This product is also credited by Informed Sport allowing for peace of mind of the consumer that there are no contaminants in the product and no illegal or banned substances added off-label.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For context: I visit the gym before work; so 30 minutes CV followed by about 45 minutes weights five days a week. A little while ago I started eating protein bars post-workout, but became concerned about the additional calories I was taking on and switched to pure Soya protein which made a difference (although you wouldn't choose it for taste and it doesn't mix well).

This product is also based on soya, which takes a little longer to digest than far more popular and expensive whey. That means the protein is delivered to the muscles over a longer period. Also included is Leucine, which helps prevent catabolism (muscle wastage between workouts: it's sometimes given to bed-ridden hospital patients so they don't lose too much muscle). It is far more common for products like this to include Creatine, which aids the synthesis of protein to muscle, instead of Leucine. Creatine tends to be cheaper than Leucine, so SIS aren't skimping here, but making a product that may be more effective for those who exercise less frequently and so find it harder to hold on to gains.

As a complete recovery product it also includes carbohydrate and so some calories (but not too many, at 180kcal per serving). As a result I'm far less hungry and sated by a smaller breakfast.

This mixes very easily indeed (I know other reviewers have found it thin, which I didn't, but if you do simply add a little less water). The taste is pleasant and so it goes down quickly. What's not to like?
VINE VOICEon 1 March 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a keen medium / long distance I don't normally take any special sports supplements during training & competing. I don't spend time in gyms, instead preferring to do all my exercise out in the big wide world, I was interested in this supplement as I had previously tried a sports protein mix which had reasonable befits from using them.

The supplement mixes reasonably well in cold water (milk is not recommended as it affects absorption rate into the body), you will need to be carefully mix thoroughly otherwise you get lumps of undissolved powder at the bottom

I have recently started using this and the recovery effects were good to modest, I will continue using/testing over a longer period to determine the beneficial effects in the longer term . I will update this if things change significantly. Taste wise its reasonably pleasant.

Whilst I dont understand the science of these supplements fully I can say that they do make an active difference in helping you to better recover from over exertion, but I wouldn't necessarily rely on them solely being your only source of recovery from physical stress. A balanced diet should always be priority and these supplements should in no way replace a missed meal or be taken in place of one, the main aim of the supplement is to aid faster recovery for your next training session or competitive event.

I would say at this early stage there are definite beneficial effects to be had, if your regime is such that you have very little time between sessions to adequately recover then this is definitely worth a look at, however if you are not exercising so intensely and there is more time for recovery then this might be slightly less beneficial.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 March 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a long time middle distance runner I always find it beneficial to take a protein shake to aid recovery after a run of 10 miles or more, for shorter runs than this I don't find it makes much difference. My usual choice is High5 Protein Recovery Chocolate Jar 1.6Kg, which I have been taking for some time. I was pleased to be given an opportunity to try this recovery drink which is new to me.

The taste isn't too bad. I have tried some protein drinks which are vile beyond belief, others which are very sweet and perhaps in a sense too nice. You don't always want sports drinks to be too nice, a slightly medicinal aftertaste as we have here is often allowed to remain as many sports people, I suspect, like to be reminded that the drink is a sporting tool and not more than just an enjoyable beverage. The drink is sweet but not too cloying although when mixed to the suggested concentration is a bit watery.It mixes up well in the blender and unlike some drinks does not separate or leave to much of a scum in the glass or the blender.

Drinking it within an hour of returning from a run, I found it gives me a lift and when the following day comes my legs have usually recovered enough to allow me to set forth again. Four stars rather than five as good as this drink is I think I still prefer the taste and texture of my usual drink and will be returning to it when this pack is used up.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Love this recovery drink. Mix 3 scoops with 500ml water (I prefer a little less to make a thicker drink, although the taste gets stronger and a little cloying in the mouth). Some protein after exercise is supposed to help, too much is apparently not too beneficial. Presumably this has just the right amount. Not sure if it's a placebo effect or it genuinely works, but muscle aching has been much less noticeable since using this powder after a long run. Maybe it's psychological, but a big part of performance is, so it doesnt really matter!!