5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended
PhD Nutrition Micronised Creatine 550g
Purchased date: 26/06/13 (18.49)

Published 17 days ago by PPS076

1.0 out of 5 stars your paying for the plastic tub not whats inside!
This promises gains and falls flat on its face. Seriously.. Don't waist your money. The only thing this works out is your bladder. That's only because of the amount of water you'll drink during the "loading phase" which doesn't really happen. I thought this price was reasonable but its not. Your paying to put some kind of powder that does nothing into water. This ones...
Published 2 months ago by Pawlorickardo

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 4 July 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
PhD Nutrition Micronised Creatine 550g
Purchased date: 26/06/13 (18.49)

I decided to buy this product because I wanted to try an expensive brand for a change because I had only been taking cheap Creatine Monohydrate on and off over the past 10-15 years. Although you can get several different types, I went for the Creatine Monohydrate Micronised version which basically means the particles are smaller, they absorb better and they reduce the likelihood of bloating .

What is Creatine? (Skip this section if you already have knowledge of it):
For anyone who hasn't heard of Creatine before, it's a naturally occurring amino acid that helps supply energy to muscle cells. Although you can buy a lot of different sports 'supplements', Creatine is actually one of the widely researched and possibly effective supplements know when used in conjunction with an effective training and nutritional plan.

How much to take and when?
Although it suggests to take 5g (1 Tea spoon) 4 times a day for the first 7 days (loading phase) with 250ml of water or juice, I found that taking that much 'sugar' will spike your blood sugar and cause your body to store some of it as fat, therefore I took 125ml Juice with 125ml of water instead (It mixes really well and there is only a small amount of un-dissolved Creatine on the bottom. Research has shown that if you take it with sugar (ideally grapefruit juice) it increases the absorption of Creatine by 60%.

After the loading period is over you are meant to move on to the 'Maintenance Phase' which means taking it only once at day (preferably post workout). After 8 weeks of use you are meant to come off it completely and start all over again because research has shown that doing this won't affect your performance (it will also save you money and give your liver and kidneys a chance to recover). You are not meant to exceed this dosage.

Benefits:
After the loading phase was over I could lift about 10-20% more (depending on which exercise I did, for example my squat gains were 20% more but the bench press was only 10%). Not only could I lift more but I could do 1-2 more reps per exercise. All my muscles looked noticeably bigger (my arms & chest muscles squeezed nicely against my T-Shirt to make it look tighter) and I felt a lot stronger inside even when I wasn't in the gym. It is an awesome feeling.

Side affects:
Although I have had a couple of side effects with cheaper brands (calf muscle cramps & digestive issues) I did not have any with this product. It is recommended that you drink plenty of water when you are on it and cycling off it (I weigh 13st 0lb and I take 5 litres a day).

PhD Creatine vs Cheaper Brands:
The loading and maintenance phases of cheaper brands require you to take it more often and the cycling period is every 3 weeks (you end up using more Creatine and it's a lot of hassle). I had no side affects with product, felt stronger, had more of a pump and could lift more. I will not be going back to the cheap products again and I will definitely be ordering another one of these when I finish the tub. I haven't tried the ones that are more expensive than this brand so I can't compare it to them.

Verdict: Highly Recommended.

Disclaimer:
I am not recommending or implying that my comments are anything other than what I concluded from my research, what my needs are and how I found the product. Each person is different and if you or on any medication or have any health issues then please discuss any concerns you have with a qualified professional (Nutritionist, Doctor etc).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, good price!, 19 Nov 2010
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
Mixes quickly - no grainy bits left at the bottom of the glass.
Tastes a little bit bitter (nothing unbearable) but if you add it to your protein shake you won't taste it at all.
PhD makes top notch products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Creatine!, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
I've been weight training for just over two years. I've tried alot of different creatine products this is by far the best powder one I have tried! Its great mix-ability either with water or you're shakes with minimal effect to taste, barely noticeable. Produced excellent, noticeable results in the gym 5***

5.0 out of 5 stars high quality product, 5 Aug 2010
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
works really well - I can exercise with heavier weights and achieve more in a gym. It's reasonably priced and very convenient to add to a protein shake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
Really good product, tastes isn't amazing though and takes a bit long for it to dissolve but if mixed with some warm water then should dissolve in a couple of min, it defo works. Already seeing the gains in strength. BIG FAN OF PhD!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
This ups strength and muscle size in no time. Just remember to drink LOTS of water. Dissolves best in warm water. Microwave mine for 30 seconds then stir this in. Dissolves in a few stirs then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
Does what it says on the tin :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
Never used this product before but mixes well and no after taste. Good gains in the gym so I will use it again

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
The taste of this creatine is very subtle, you don't taste it at all (that is if your like me and mix it with your protein shake). It mixes perfectly and just dissolves into water without any small bits forming.
Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 4 July 2013
This review is from: PhD Nutrition 550g Creatine Monohydrate (Personal Care)
The best creatine I've ever used! After years of going round different products I've found the best creatine! 5*****. PHD