Flavour: NaturalSize: Pack Of 1Change
Price:£66.22 - £121.95

I started strength training recently for the first time and discovered I just wasn't getting enough protein from my diet. I decided to give my protein intake a boost and bought this simply because Maximuscle had a female-friendly website that gave me lots of info.

One portion of this (one scoop mixed in with 200ml of water) provides 120 calories, 23g of protein, 2g of carbs and 2g of fat. Taste is important for me and the Cookies and Cream flavour I just can't flaw. It's sweet but not sickly, creamy in taste but not heavy and you can add more or less water to vary the strength of the flavour. You can mix with milk but I've not tried it like that as it tastes fine just with water. Apparently you can even mix the powder in with things like yogurt and cereal which I'm going to try aswell.

I started training about 4 months back and although I've been getting stronger, I have been a bit disappointed with the visual results. Having taken the shake for the last two weeks, I have already started seeing some definition and I feel stronger too - it's not that this is some kind of miracle potion but my diet had VERY limited amounts of protein in it before and my muscles just weren't getting the kind of nutrition they needed to recover, especially as I don't like to eat after a workout! I make sure I always have one of these shakes after training so that I can optimize my workout now!

I also highly recommend getting a shaker if you don't already have one - the Maximuscle Shaker 700ml is brilliant, leak-free and makes the whole measuring & mixing thing a whole lot easier.
11 comment109 of 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2014
Trying to find protein powder without any artificial sweeteners or flavourings is difficult to say the least. However, this has to be one of the best one's I've tried. Personally, I find the protein powders with these additives in don't agree with me (fatigue, difficultly concentrating, strange cravings are common side effects for me)

I was using reflex's natural whey but found the after taste rather unpleasant, after some time. Maximuscle is a different story. It has a clean creamy texture, mixes fairly well and sort of tastes like vanilla when added to milk. I have no clue what the other reviewer is taking, but to say this stuff tastes awful is completely unfounded. I don't think they've tried 90+ vegan protein powder. Now that's rough!

I think one has to be realistic on their expectations regarding taste. Yes it doesn't taste as good as the powders with artificial sweeteners but that's just the way life is.

Anyway, I couldn't recommended this product anymore.
on 2 July 2014
Been on this stuff for about a month so far and i've noticed a change in the time it takes me to recover after a workout. i no longer looked half dead and wiped out, cant say i've seen much in the way of defined muscle since i've been on this but its early days yet.

the jar comes with a plastic scoop buried inside which is equal to 1 serving. the instructions are on the jar and easy to follow. my only gripe is that the jar is huge but only half full, i'd much rather have had it arrive in a small jar which is fuller. the taste is something only the user can describe, i like the strawberry but it does leave a funny after taste but i've gotten used to it.

all in all i am happy that this shake is helping me get into shape and i would recommend it to anyone who is getting fit or bodybuilding
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 2 June 2014
Having long ago given up the ghost regarding personal fitness I am only passing on a review from my son who enjoys this product (tastes better than similar products by all accounts) and this gigantic tub is very good value again compared to other similar products. My one caveat with this and similar is that is it really necessary? My boy has certainly bulked out, is extremely fit (plays rugby and basketball) and doesn't appear to be in any way "addicted" to the product - he only takes one shake on his gym days - so why am I just a tad sceptical? I was always taught that lean chicken, quality cheese in small quantities and regular eggs provided all the protein a healthy body needs so why bother with such supplements? Ah well, he appears to be the better for it even if I can still beat him at arm wrestling!
on 9 November 2013
as a skinny guy trying to gain more muscle i chose the cookies and cream, most people are saying you don't get a scoop with it but you do its buried in the middle of it, the protein powder tastes nice with both water and milk but in my opinion tastes better with milk, im already gaining more strength in my arms than i used to have and i really cant fault this protein powder as it does its job i would recommend to any body builder or anybody trying to gain size
on 27 September 2013
I was suprised that the tub does not contain a tool to weigh the correct amount of powder you require as stated on the label per serving (30g) which the manufacturer should address really. Tastes nice though will trial product for a month and see if its any good.
11 comment7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2014
This is my favourite shake because I can trick myself into seeing it a treat, it tastes that good.
I feel like when I have a shake after crazy cardio it really stops the after-gym binging I used to do..I think because (like I said before) it tastes good. Normally its more like a "Omg this is so gross, drink faster" situation. I mainly use Gold Standard 100% Whey now but will still replace this when I run out as I do use it quite often.
One thing is, I find this on the harder side to mix, dont get me wrong: there are a lot worse powders out there!
on 29 January 2011
I purchased the strawberry variety and it is very pleasant. Mixes well with a shaker bottle and is easily drank. I haven't been using it for too long so cannot comment on the muscle growth but it has helped me to recover quicker than usual.

The problem I find with these shakes is that once you start drinking them you have to continue for basicly the rest of your life.

Overal it is good but the price is far too expensive, For the recomended dose you are going to go through 2 tubs a month, thats £60 worth a month!
on 21 February 2013
I bought this as I thought it would be handy and useful to have as a quick protein shake when I hadn't got enough time to prepare breakfast in the mornings. Do not really like it when mixed with water, tastes wishy washy. Find it taste much better when mixed with coconut milk. You need to ensure your mixer/shaker bottle lid is screwed tightly as you need to shake vigorously to mix powder. Usually still has some lumps but they can usually be smoothed out with a spoon. Overall not too bad.
on 23 July 2014
I'm a consistent user of Promax which is great and have always gone for strawberry as its easier to take than chocolate. Thought i would give this a try thinking the mint would take away some of the chocolateyness . I was wrong! its taste fine for the first sip but i find it hard to make it through a full shake. Will switch back to strawberry as soon as this is done. Cant waste Shake now can you. Still four stars as once you've got over the taste its still the same Promax goodness