5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent eraser for graphite (and charcoal!)
Published 5 months ago by Thomas Pots

3.0 out of 5 stars rubber vs family
its okay it was boring so it rubbed a bit good not many people liked it in the family but still good
Published 6 months ago by Mrs Cigdem Arslan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent eraser for graphite (and charcoal!), 22 Mar 2014
Thomas Pots "T Pots" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Staedtler Mars Plastic 52650BK2DA Eraser (Pack of 2) (Office Product)
I am a student studying portraiture. I do figure drawing in graphite for 10 hours a day. This eraser is essential basic equipment. It works well on cheap sketch paper, and is even better on expensive papers such as Canson and Roma. The eraser lifts off graphite without a lot of pressure, so it doesn't do much damage to the paper surface. Obviously, rubbing hard will do damage, no matter what eraser you use, but this one is soft enough to yield under slight pressure. It leaves crumbs on the paper, which may be blown or brushed away. I use small brush for this purpose, so as to avoid touching the paper or the graphite.

This eraser is also excellent for precision erasing. For example, if you need to create very thin strands for suggesting hair in graphite, or for creating a contrasting edge. There are two ways to use it for precision work. 1. Use a scalpel to cut a clean edge, or better still... 2. Use that cut-off bit to do the precision work. This gives you a thin edge all-round and wastes less of the eraser. For very delicate work though, buy the Staedtler eraser pen instead. It's much more efficient and easier to use in tight spaces, though it still requires cutting sometimes for fine work.

It doesn't generally collect dirt, but it can get a bit grimy after continuous use. If you are working on something important, it's a good idea to test-rub it on a scrap area first, which will also clean the edge for you.

It also erases charcoal residue. If you have erased charcoal but have still got a faint shadow of it on the paper, this eraser makes a good last-resort if you need to shift that shadow. It doesn't always do the trick, but it is usually worth a go.

These erasers last a long time. I got through just two of them in a year of drawing. That said, I buy them in multiple packs as they are cheaper, and I can sell the spare ones to other students.

5.0 out of 5 stars A-M-A-Z-I-N-G !!!!, 7 July 2012
I bought these because of the price, most good brand erasers are alot more expensive than these,when they arrived I thought I might regret buying these, so I thought I should test them out, so got a piece of paper and pressed really hard with a pencil and rubbed the pencil out and I promise the paper looked unused and I was curious whether these would last and I have had them for a while now and they aren't as white as they were when I first go them but only 3 out of 4 of the corners have slowly worn away but hardly anything. And that is only one of them I still have the enjoyment of using the other one and having amazing clean paper !!
I can't recommend them enough !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best eraser on the market, 23 Feb 2011
ArumLily (High Wycombe (UK)) - See all my reviews
I bought this product because I`ve had the same before, They really are the best you can buy. Excellent product, wouldn`t even consider any other as I`ve been using these for years. I`ve never worn one out, they usually get `borrowed` or I lose them.

No dirty marks left on the paper & to clean them just rub them on a clean piece of paper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, precise and smudge free, 29 Jan 2010
The Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser removes graphite pencil marks cleanly without leaving dark smudges like many cheap (usually rubber based) erasers do. This seems to be because the plastic disintegrates leaving little or no graphite residue on the eraser and the resulting shavings can be blown from the paper surface.

It is possible to make precise corrections to pencil work because the firm plastic material lends itself to being used on its edge or corner. It is also excellent at removing pencil draft lines without damaging work that has been inked in or over.

To Sum up: For artists & designers brought up in the digital age, think of this as the Ctrl+Z of traditional pencilwork.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rub it out.., 8 Feb 2013
These are the best rubbers by far.
I recommend these rubbers and are worth the money. These rub out with no marks left behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - perfect for the job!, 6 Dec 2012
I bought these as I am a teacher so need them for my kids and they're brilliant! No smudging. Delivered prompty. I have already (3 weeks later) ordered more as they go 'missing' in the classroom!

4.0 out of 5 stars No smudges, no crumbles, 9 Aug 2007
Mr. J. Ward - See all my reviews
Whilst Staedtler might be going a bit far claiming that the Mars Plastic is "self cleaning", it does do a remarkably good job of removing pencil marks without smudging, leaving the page as good as new. This is the eraser I always come back to. The size is perfect too, and the plastic rubber material is strong and resists crumbling or cracking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 26 Sep 2011
I always go for these erasers. I used them when I was at school and already thought they did the job pretty well. I am unsurprisingly still happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Staedtler Mars Plastic – the best general-purpose eraser/rubber, 23 July 2014
For me, this is the only decent make of rubber for general use. When you've used it, just rub the end of your thumb over the bit of rubber you've just used (to clean it ready for next time). I've used this make of rubber for about 30 years, and any other that I've reluctantly used occasionally during that time has been no match for the Staedtler Mars Plastic one. Jolly good, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014