4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal shredder for domestic use

3.0 out of 5 stars Rexel alpha confetti shredder
Does its job and reduces to an illegible mass. Couple of downsides though:

Published on 20 Nov. 2012 by Brian P

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal shredder for domestic use, 5 Jan. 2013
I bought this to shred bank or insurance documents no longer needed and unsolicited mail, i.e. general domestic items. I wasn't looking for a multifunction system e.g. including CD shredder, so this was perfect. It shreds satisfactorally and is just the right size for my 'study' as well as having a suitable sized collection box. I seems well built and hasn't let me down yet but can't say wether it's sturdy enough to last for years like my last one - only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 5 Oct. 2011
I like to keep my identity safe and this product fits the bill nicely. The manufacturer has a good reputation and the product really delivers

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Nov. 2012
delighted with product.this was greatly reduced so was really pleased.lovely neat little shredder would highly recommend.plus FREE postage again from amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rexel Shredder, 29 Sept. 2010
Having used the Rexel Alpha Confetti Shredder for two months I can confirm it works very well and I am completely satisfied. The label fixed to the machine warns you not to use it for a continuous period in excess of 3 minutes. I have respected this advice and do not find it unreasonable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rexel Shred Alpha Confetti Uk, 13 April 2011
This is a perfectly adequate shredder for household and small office use. It was advertised at a greatly reduced price which made it much cheaper than alternatives. So far I'm pleased with the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good so far., 10 Mar. 2012
I have tried several different shredders & all have caused problems with blockages and unreliability. I have had this shredder for a few of weeks and so far it seems to work much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal compact shredder for low volumes, 30 Dec. 2009
Mr. A. Chalmers "Optimum" (Herefordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rexel Alpha 5-Sheet Strip Cut Paper / Credit Card Shredder with 10 L Liftoff Bin, accepts Paperclips and Staples (Office Product)
Excellent shredder although I find the box fills more quickly than I would ideally like. Needs a longer power lead if it is to sit on a worktable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the can!, 1 Aug. 2010
Lovely shredder. Good value. Ideal home size. About the size of a cereal packet.
I do not need to empty the box every day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rexel alpha confetti shredder, 20 Nov. 2012
Does its job and reduces to an illegible mass. Couple of downsides though:

Bin is a little on the small side and the ouyput is quite dusty. There is a design fault on the switch which is of the slider type and the contacts seem to wear quickly - i needed a replacement after 4 months - Amazon replaced without quibble. I now leave it permanently switched to "shred" and turn it on and off at the power socket.

It is though one of the cheapest confetti type shreaders around

5.0 out of 5 stars Shredded wheat, 18 Feb. 2013
Excellent bit of kit
we had a Rexel for about 8 years and for a small office it really did work hard.