on 20 November 2011
Gamesalor: quote a long delivery lead time, but rest assured as soon as they receive your order it is processed immediately and arrives a lot earlier than they are quoting delivery on the Amazon site.

The RJ45 Crimping Tool is admittingly more expensive than the cheaper RJ45 Crimping Tools on the Amazon site, however the reason why this product is more expensive is due the exceptional quality and durability.

My advice to anyone would be it is well worth the extra money as this RJ45 Crimping Tool is the Rolls Royce of RJ45 Crimpers and is going to last you a lifetime and makes Crimping very, very easy.

I have given Gamesalor 5 Stars as the Product - Service and Courtesy they extended to me was EXCEPTIONAL.

Well done Gamesolar.

Dave.
on 30 March 2011
I agree totally with the previous reviewer. Non ratchet crimping tools are fine for just making a few connections but you will soon find it digging in and making your hands hurt. A decent ratchet one like this is much easier to use and makes sure you use sufficient force to crimp the plugs.
on 23 May 2014
I also own another RJ45 crimper, which only appears to work on certain makes of RJ45 connectors. I would never have believed it, until it happened. You'd have thought one crimp tool was as good as the next - it's only a lump of metal at the business end, after all - right? *sigh*...

This one, however, has never let me down. I've tried it on several different types of RJ45 connectors (cat 5, cat 6, shielded, regular, "EZ" etc...) - all great. I'd recommend to a friend! :-)
on 24 September 2015
We bought three of these for the IT Team. I have used man crimpers in the past and never had issues with any of, cheap or expensive. These are quite awfull. Had to buy new ones as when we were terminating the RJ45 cables they were going straight through the cable, thought it was the RJ45 Ends but it was the crimpers by process of illimination. Such an awfull tool and cost me and my team much time recrimping and in the end borrowing some to finish the job.
on 27 November 2012
Have tried 5 crimpers the most expensive being 80 quid...this is by far the best in terms of build and reliability..
on 28 October 2013
Very well made for the money. Have terminated a few connectors, all successful crimps, and the action allowed the crimping to work first time.

Needs a fair amount of effort to complete the job but doubtless it is something which will become second nature the more crimps you make.
on 29 September 2014
Finally opted to buy a proper ratchet crimper, this one is great. I had a little bother at first with failed RJ45 ends - it was always pin 1 which had a bad connection. However, an adjustment of the crimp pressure (tool is fully adjustable) seems to have made this problem disappear.
on 20 June 2015
I bought these because i have a lot of cables to make and i thought they would make it easier. They don't work at all. They do not push the pins in. Ended up using £2.99 crimpers from maplin that work very well. Don't waste your money.
on 10 January 2015
Excellent bit of kit. first set of crimps I've seen with front loading, usually side loaded. this makes a worthwhile change for replacing broken plugs while the lead is in situ.
on 21 February 2016
This is the other crimper I mentioned in one of my other reviews, it didn't crimp the wires into the plug at all.
Upon testing the connections, they all failed.