5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational!, 29 May 2012
Will Tuttle's book The World Peace Diet, was nothing short of a transformation in consciousness. I've travelled all over the world, pushed every boundary I could, and went over the edge many times. Read many many spiritual new age books. Spent years in therapy. Trained as a therapist. Practiced yoga, meditated. All of these things were useful, were steps along the way. But discovering Will Tuttle and his work has been the transformation I always sought but never found. He has all the pieces of the puzzle. He sees the roots of oppression in our society very clearly. Explains them in a way which communicates much more than words. Listening to him, brings me into my own heart. He's so without guile. He speaks from the place I want to be. The place, I'm learning now, to be.

What he's saying, is that we as a species, become essentially messed up, by the very act of eating other animals. We are living in a disconnected, disenfranchised state. Split in our consciousness, by living a lie. Deep down, we are all kind, loving, compassionate people. But we aren't living our values. Kind people don't brutally murder other living beings unnecessarily. They don't live in such a disconnected state from nature that they destroy the very environment they depend on to survive.

Something is very wrong. Even as we pretend it isn't, and get on seeking after the illusions the adverts sell us. We live in oppressive systems, exhausted, chasing things we never find.
What we are looking for is our hearts, our integrity, and the capacity to live in loving meaningful connection to all other living beings, and the Earth herself.

But we are conditioned, programmed to be otherwise. To be as we are. A crazy, destructive, violent people, who are not living from their deepest truth, who are not living with the compassion and kindness they truly are.

Reading this book is like having the mechanism of the oppressive system which conditions us to be this way, exposed. Brought to light, as its understood, we can find healing and release. Find our way home.

It's a book of such hope. But it doesn't pull any punches. He understands thoroughly the urgency of the situation, and sees the big picture, what's happening to the oceans, the environment, the animals, the people, the Earth. He knows the situation is dire. But he has such faith in us, and he offers the tools to help us free ourselves. Will Tuttle's book to me offers a light of hope.

Peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars So needed in this world!, 26 May 2011
This has got to be one of the most amazing books I have ever read..........not pleasant at times but the TRUTH! .....and beautifully and thoughtfully written...........in my life just when I needed it! thank you Will Tuttle

5.0 out of 5 stars This book can change your life, 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: The World Peace Diet (Kindle Edition)
I read this book shortly after I decided to go vegan .The information and the facts will blow you away and it will make you rethink your food choices. Highly recommend it to anyone who is thinking about going vegan . Really worth your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Important Contribution to World Peace and Justice, 30 Oct 2012
Mr. C. M. Newsam "Chris Newsam" (Pickering, England) - See all my reviews
This book is remarkable in its scope and implication. Will Tuttle has brought together a thoroughly convincing argument that we really are what we eat - not just individually but collectively as a society and as a species. If you think that the slaughter of billions of animals, birds and fish used for human consumption is sustainable, morally, environmentally or spiritually then I suggest this book will make you think twice. With craft and care Will Tuttle takes us on a journey that is surprising and potentially life-changing to the conclusion that we must move rapidly away from eating flesh, dairy and eggs - if we are to survive. I say that this book is life-changing as it has changed me and what I eat is now plant based (vegan). Don't read it unless you are open minded enough to be thoroughly challenged and changed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformational!, 29 May 2012

Peace.

5.0 out of 5 stars World Peace DIet, 16 Mar 2011
This book is life changing. It is the most comprehensive book I have read on our imperative to adopt a plant based diet. Tuttle's breath of knowledge on human psychology, sociology, anthropology, the environment, our economy and our physical and spiritual being is profound. His insight into animal life is as enlightened as you are likely to find. His compassion for all life makes this a book you can not afford to ignore.

5.0 out of 5 stars World Peace Diet: Eating for Spiritual Health and Social Harmony, 27 April 2012
This is a great book on the subject and thoroughly enjoyable reading experience. I read the pbk and also listened to the audio book which is narrated very well by the author. For part of the book I did feel like it was all hopeless and there could be no way to make things better as it all seemed so bleak but by the end of the book, the author had me uplifted and in a much more positive frame of mind. This book covers every aspect of what it means to eat animals/animal products, the history of why we do and the consequences of doing so.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish everyone would read this book, 11 April 2011
I thought I knew all about factory farm conditions and the benefits of a (raw) vegan diet, both spiritually and physically. How wrong could I have been! This book is different to any other I have read, giving a different perspective to the food on your plate. Be warned - I can only read a few pages at a time as a lot of the information makes me feel profoundly sad. Sure I can eat as ethically as possible, however I do feel powerless against the mass of people who consume meat, dairy, eggs seemingly at every meal. This book has even made me realise that I do not like feeding my cats, despite the fact they have to have a meat diet. If I ever get another pet it will have to be a dog on a vegan diet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book., 5 May 2014
Rowan (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
This book should be read by everyone: meat eaters, vegetarians and vegans. It is more than a book about our food choices. It is an intelligently written account of the cruelty inflicted on animals by humans, and the way that this affects our peace of mind and our behaviour towards other humans and non human animals. Veganism is a philosophy for world peace according to this excellent book written by Will Tuttle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 26 Oct 2013
These were brought for friends so I haven't read them but from what I saw they look interesting. I will probably get feedback later on the book itself but they arrived quickly and safely

The World Peace Diet