4.0 out of 5 stars (almost) as good as the real thing and much cheaper
I was suspicious of buying this because it was so cheap. But I've now used it to the point where it ran out, about 300 images taken - which so far as I can tell is just as long as I get from the Nikon original battery.

So after 1 month's use, an excellent buy. Maybe the Nikon original is just extremely overpriced.
Published on 2 Dec. 2009 by Ronald Turnbull

1.0 out of 5 stars Use at your own risk!
I bought this battery a couple of years ago as a backup to the official Nikon battery. It's had semi-regular use and was fine most of the time.

Unfortunately I found recently that the battery had swollen while in my camera, and I barely managed to prise it out of the camera. Luckily it hadn't leaked and the camera is undamaged, but nevertheless it was a close...
Published on 25 Feb. 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product - Great Value For Money, 13 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ 1100mAh Lithium Ion Digital Camera Replacement Battery for Nikon D60/D40/D40X/D3000/D5000 (Accessory)
Received fully charged. Works perfectly with my Nikon D5000, including reporting battery status. Charges up using the original Nikon charger. Reviews of some generic batteries report that they do not show the battery status but this one is fine. The battery capacity is very good when compared to the genuine Nikon product.

I can't yet comment on the life of the product (again some reviews of generic batteries report a short life expectancy for the product), that will hopefully take years of use.

So far I'm very pleased with the product and it represents great value for money.

UPDATE 29 Aug 2013

Having now had the battery for over a year (as a spare) it has held up well. Used it the other day for a long photoshoot and it performed well, giving a similar performance to what I would have expected from my original Nikon battery. So still excellent value for money and highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., 15 Mar. 2011
Aisling Dunne - See all my reviews
One of the things that attracted me to this battery was the price. At almost a quarter the price of the Nikon brand battery, it seemed worth trying out. Based on that, you can't really fault it, but I did have a few problems. They are not too bad, just some things to beware before you buy this.

It lasts only a fraction of the Nikon battery. With Nikon battery they claim you can get about 500 shots (I get about 400). This battery claims to be somewhat the same, but I only get about 100-150 shots from it (though if you dont use autofocus or flash etc you can probably stretch that out a bit more).

After only a few months of use (as a backup battery to my Nikon one), it has stopped charging. Honestly, for a £7 battery, it really is good, and despite this I may buy another one, even if it does only last a few months. But if you are looking for something a bit more long lasting, and a bit more durable, you are probably better off going for the Nikon one.

I gave this battery 2 stars, because it drains very quickly, and ahs stopped working for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars bargain, 6 Aug. 2010
bought as a back up for my nikon d60 for a 3 month trip in africa- worked a treat and ended up using it more than the nikon battery as it seemed to last longer- a fraction of the nikon price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good fit but unfortunately it didn't last long enough, 31 Oct. 2011
I bought this as a spare battery for my Nikon camera about 15 months ago and used it a few time on holidays or days out when my Nikon battery ran down (which is why I have given it a 2nd star). However, when I needed it last week during a weekend away it was dead. I thought I must have forgotten to charge it but it is totally lifeless and will have to be thrown away. I don't think 15 months of (not excessive) use is long enough to make up for the cheap price especially as there was no warning that the battery was going to die completely when it did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery, 13 Feb. 2011
I bought this along with the D5000 Nikon camera. I can't tell the difference with the Nikon battery, I am pleased with both, although this one was cheaper !

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 27 Nov. 2010
Just as good as the nikon battery supplied with the camera originally, can take 1500 shots with the 2 easy on my D5000!

3.0 out of 5 stars worked for a while, 17 Nov. 2011
this worked brilliantly for 6 months, i used it in my battery grip. then one day i tried to use it and one of the terminals has gone rusty or something. basically the electrcity cant through to charge it. i tried scraping it off but was unable to so had to throw it away. battery wasnt kept by the coast, so there wasnt any sea salt corrosion...

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 6 Jun. 2010
K. trivedi (England) - See all my reviews
This is great - it lasts longer than my Nikon original. Came on time and as advertised. Great value for money and a 2 year warranty. Does appear to be 1000 mah but what the heck - it last so looooooong!!! take 800 photos hole days but still Battery full. its nice & cheap battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex-Pro Nikon EN-EL9, ENEL9, EL-EL9e, EL-EL9a, High Power Plus+ 1000mAh 2 Year Warranty, 26 Jan. 2013
I was wary of this product at first due to the cheap price, But on delivery I had nothing to fear, It arrived extremely quickly and is still going strong after many charges. It actually lasts alot longer than the original battery that came with my camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery, 29 Aug. 2010
Really surprised at how good this battery is! It lasts easily as long as the nikon battery after full charge but costs for a fraction of the price. If you need a spare or even a replacement for the nikon its well worth a buy.