4.0 out of 5 stars (almost) as good as the real thing and much cheaper
I was suspicious of buying this because it was so cheap. But I've now used it to the point where it ran out, about 300 images taken - which so far as I can tell is just as long as I get from the Nikon original battery.

So after 1 month's use, an excellent buy. Maybe the Nikon original is just extremely overpriced.
Published on 2 Dec 2009 by Ronald Turnbull

1.0 out of 5 stars Short Life
Purchased the battery in December it was in the bin by April. It was taking longer and longer to charge and less and less time to discharge. I would not say that the battery had a hard life - replaced item with Nikon original which I am still using in 2012.
Published on 28 Feb 2012 by Kev D

4.0 out of 5 stars (almost) as good as the real thing and much cheaper, 2 Dec 2009
This review is from: Ex-Pro High Power Plus+ 1100mAh Lithium Ion Digital Camera Replacement Battery for Nikon D60/D40/D40X/D3000/D5000 (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 16 May 2009
Hi to all,

I recently purchased this product from amazon.co.uk and I cant fault the speed with which it arrived and the fact I was not charged obscene amounts of postal charges.
I have had the battery as a spare for the last 3 weeks now, I have charged it once (when arrived) but it has been in my camera the whole time. It has not lost its charge and I even left my camera on in the case for 3 hours, came back to it and it still had loads of battery. (granted it went onto standby after 20 minutes but still)
As mentioned in the other reviews this product is not 1100mAH it is actually 1000mAH. The origonal Nikon battery is also 1000mAH anyway so no harm done.
The most important thing to consider when purchasing this product is the price, ITS SOOOOO CHEAP! the price of a genuine Nikon battery is about 43.GBP with postal fee. The price of this product from amazon with postage is 9.40GBP I believe is what I paid all in.
So to conclude a seemingly identical battery for a far cheaper price.
You would be barking mad not to get this product if you need a replacement or spare.
Hope this review helps

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 April 2009
P. J. Ennis (UK and Poland) - See all my reviews
This is great - it lasts longer than my Nikon original.
Came on time and as advertised. Great value for money and a 2 year warranty - what more could you ask for? Does appear to be 1000 mah but what the heck - it last so looooooong!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Spare battery for Nikon 5000, 24 April 2010
All rechargeable batteries have a life - beyond which you have to get a new one. It's too early yet to say how long this one I've bought will last but at around a quarter the cost of a Nikon battery even if it lasted only half the time I'd still be quids in! Rechargeable batteries have to be used a few times before they achieve their full capacity so I'll have to wait and see. In the meantime I can only say my dealings with this firm have been great. Thank you - Dave G.Ex-Pro Nikon EN-EL9, ENEL9, EL-EL9e, EL-EL9a, High Power Plus+ 1000mAh 2 Year Warranty Replacement Lithium Li-on Digital Camera Battery for Nikon :- D60 DSLR, D40 DSLR, D40X DSLR, D5000 DSLR

5.0 out of 5 stars great battery, 17 Mar 2010
bought this for my nikon d40. it works as well as the original nikon one. shot a wedding - over 800 photos and it still had half power left! comes highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then the battery that came with the Camera, 24 Mar 2011
I was blown away by how much battery time this gave considering it was way cheaper then most of the other batteries. It literally outperformed the battery that came with my camera, not once but many many times. After almost a year, it is still performing as good. Hugely impressed. A battery to buy for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top notch value for money, 22 May 2010
H. Claridge (London) - See all my reviews
These are really good replacement batteries for the Nikon branded ones, and for way cheaper.
They don't last quite as long as the actual Nikon ones, but they still last for a long time, retaining their charge (from my experience) for at least 3 weeks.
Get these, satisfaction guaranteeed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short Life, 28 Feb 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Use at your own risk!, 25 Feb 2012
I bought this battery a couple of years ago as a backup to the official Nikon battery. It's had semi-regular use and was fine most of the time.

Unfortunately I found recently that the battery had swollen while in my camera, and I barely managed to prise it out of the camera. Luckily it hadn't leaked and the camera is undamaged, but nevertheless it was a close shave. The battery had not been left in the camera unused for an extended period.

If it had just stopped working after 2 years then considering the price I'd have been happy. Overall it's a cheap battery that works OK but it seems you take the risk of damaging an expensive camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery, 13 Feb 2011
I bought this along with the D5000 Nikon camera. I can't tell the difference with the Nikon battery, I am pleased with both, although this one was cheaper !