5.0 out of 5 stars rail roof bars
new mazda 6 roof rails are very wide and these fitted with no problems once we found that they exttended wider than they were set as. The instructions only told you how to tighten or reduce if your rails are narrow, only found went wider by accident which we needed. Easy to lock so secure and a solid design so should not rust and seize
Published on 2 Jun 2010 by M. D. Mainwaring

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid universal roof bars
Good well made product BUT not as "universal" as claimed, did not securely fit to our 2010 Kia Sorento which has somewhat oval shaped roof rails and had to be returned. Supplier accepted same and did not quibble.
Published on 31 Oct 2011 by Rot7

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars rail roof bars, 2 Jun 2010
M. D. Mainwaring (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motionperformance EssentialsTM Solid Universal Roof Rack Bars for Cars & Vans with Roof Rails - Quality Branded (Misc.)

4.0 out of 5 stars They do the job., 23 Mar 2011
The bars certainly do the job. Very easy to fit and take off the roof bars using the allen key provided. They even lock onto the roof bars !
I carry two small kayaks on them with ease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitted our car perfectly, 8 Jun 2013
We have a Chevrolet Lacetti with built in roof side-rails and these roof bars fitted across our car from those perfectly.

They locked into place for security and an allen key was provided. We used the rubber adjusters provided to make the fit more secure. Because you can slide the fittings along the bars they are very versatile. We borrowed a roof box & it seemed that the holes in the base of that were also of a standard design, so it fitted on these bars perfectly too.

One person could fit these bars on their own very easily with a bit of to-ing and fro-ing around the car to get them centered. We needed two people to lift the roof box into place & attach it afterwards though.

Once the bars and roof box were fitted, there wasn't a noticable increase in outside noise but on their own, the roof bars did increase the noise in the car quite a lot, but it wasn't deafening, a bit like a droning sound that increased with speed - started around 40mph. I wouldn't want to leave the bars on the car permanently for that reason.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Roof Bars, 13 Feb 2013
Having purchased a Karrite roof box (470 L) Amazon suggested that if I needed roof bars that I bought these.
I was a little concerned at first that they would fit my car (Mercedes C Class Estate) as I could find nothing to state that they would. However on arrival I was pleased to find that they fitting perfectly well. If anything they are a little long, but they do state that they are universal so that is fine.
They are easy to fit and the locking facility is good.
The main plus for these is that given that they are really solid they only cost a third of the price Halfords are charging for their own brand roof bars.
Overall a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't fit all Zafiras, 5 Sep 2012
M. A. Smith (Farnham, Surrey) - See all my reviews
These are good roof bars and we used them on holiday this year. Unfortunately we have since bough a Vauxhall Zafira exclusiv which has a raised middle section of roof so the bars no longer fit. I know this is a bit specific but thought I ought to note it just in case anyone else with teh same model is looking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 16 May 2011
Had previously purchased a slightly cheaper roof rack that was totally useless
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality
Easy to use
Took two medium weight bikes without any problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, easy, 13 Feb 2012
Graeme A. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
Easy to istall and use and incredibly versatile. The locking facility is very useful and simple to use. Put on my BMW 3 series. Was told that most bits of kit didn't work with this model but mine does!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roof rack bars, 2 Jun 2013
These roof bars fit my Peugeot 205 and make no added noise. They are easy to fit and take off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 3 Mar 2013
Always had factory fiited roof bars for all my cars until now. Purchased these for my Jeep Patriot after weeks of looking for some reasonably priced roof bars which were easy to fit and qiuck to put on and take off. These roofbars are excellent, fit my Jeep no problem and so easy to fix even someone as useless as me can do it. Arrived within 2 days which was 4 days before the estimated delivery date.Motionperformance Essentials Heavy Duty Aluminium Anti-Theft Lockable Universal Roof Bars for Cars With Roof Rails

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality,universal roof bars, 22 Sep 2013
B. A. Howard "bradbox" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
We use these for a roof box and they connect to our car (a Mazda 5) without any problem.

The attachments are cleverly designed and they don;t scratch the permanently roof bars on the car.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›