The TAG reading system is a really clever system that allows you to press a "pen" onto the page of these special books and have the book read to you. It can either read word by word, the whole page or indeed the whole story depending upon what you choose.

This TAG book follows Diego and Alecia on a mission to discover the identity of a "mystery fish". My kids are big Diego fans and, despite being very familiar with this episode of the Diego cartoon, (to which it is very true), they still love reading this story over and over. There are, as usual, lots of lovely extra little noises in to discover in the pictures and the games at the back of the book have kept the boys occupied for hours. This system has proved to be quite educational - my older child quite often uses the pen to read word by word, or gets it to read the whole page and then reads along with it, whereas the little one just loves listening to the story and pressing on the pictures to activate the different sounds.

All in all, highly recommended - especially for the younger users of this system!
on 8 February 2009
Very good book for use with the tag reader, my 3 yr old loves it but have to monitor use as is ordinary paper pages and therefore could get ripped easily.
on 8 February 2009
Bought for my granson who thinks this is magic. Together with the pen, great and fun aid for teaching children to read
on 28 February 2009
This was a brilliant buy. My son has had hours of enjoyment out of this and is still playing with it.
on 21 September 2013
Again, very much like this product and my 4 year old loves it! Not only do you follow the storey but also has games that encourage co-ordiantion and thinking skills. Obviously my 4 year old cant read yet but it certainly helps him with his letters and the start of recognising/reading words. He is not madley into diego and I cant actually think if he has eveer seen him on TV, however, it doesnt really matter, as the underwater adventure is much more interesting than diego himself1
on 25 May 2015
This tag book works with the current 2015 Leapreader pen. I had read conflicting reports as to whether it would and in the end phoned Customer Support at Leapfrog. Most but not all the Tag books will work with the Leapreader. Really nice book which teaches about different sea creatures, emphasising on sharks as the missing 'Lucy' fish is a Whale Shark. This book speaks with American voices and has not been recorded into the English voices but it's half expected when a main character's called Diego. This shouldn't turn the consumer off though! This is an informative, lively production that is thoroughly entertaining for young minds. I personally think Leapfrog could do with more books like this amongst it's library and less Disney focused efforts which are good but the variety's nice.
on 23 January 2014
Wow what can I say except that I am very pleased in seeing how my kids are improving in their basic intellectual and learning skills and learning about what is going on around them and within them selves. I am a big fan of LeapFrog
LeapReader. My one major dislike about leapfrog products is the music, I wish they would make more of these products without music. Without a doubt this distracts the kids by them not focusing properly on the tasks at hand, and this is not a constructive way to educate children. I truly believe that it would be more effective in teaching children without music.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2014
My son got this when he was 3 and a half he is obsessed with everything marine and enjoyed both the story and the interesting sea life facts.
on 7 December 2014
Another excellent LeapReader book, they are overpriced at full price, but are great when on sale which seems to be quite often. Little one loves reading to herself so the LeapReader is one of the best things we ever brought certainly for helping with reading skills.
on 28 September 2013
My 4 1/2 year old grandson has quite a few of the Leapfrog books now and this just as popular as the rest.
They really are helping him with his reading and his confidence .

See one answered question