5.0 out of 5 stars Canon printer iP2600
After my canon iP1500 packed in I browsed the net to find a replacement and purchased an iP 2600 which had several good reviews.My printer arrived post free in 2 days from Amazon and I am delighted with the printer-it was easy to set up (about 10 minutes) and the results particularly photo prints excellent.
This appears to be a very good printer for the price...
Published on 7 Nov 2008 by J. Gordon

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice
I bought this to replace an Espon one that unceremoniously dumped black ink all over a beige carpet (Vanish is the answer...). It's actually bigger than the Epson which surprised me but the printer is very good value and much faster than the old one. Quality seems excellent.

Published on 10 Oct 2008 by rowantree

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 10 Oct 2008
rowantree (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)

As with (all?) printers it stupidly doesn't come with a printer cable so if you don't have one, you'll need one.

The fearsome cost of the cartridges, however, loses a couple of stars. Guess I just have to print less...

5.0 out of 5 stars Canon printer iP2600, 7 Nov 2008
J. Gordon (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
This appears to be a very good printer for the price especially for someone like me who is not a heavy user and occasional photo printer.
I would certainly recommend it-the only downside being the cartridge price but this is on a par with the majority of modern printers.An USB cable is not provided but I was able to use the one from my previous printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Small price Surprising results, 11 Dec 2008
J. R. Eisler - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I often read the customer reviews before buying a product but this is the 1st time I have felt compelled to write one. The IP2600 is easy and straight forward to setup. It may take it's time but the colour photo prints have real depth and subtly for a printer in this price bracket. As a photographer and animator I really did not expect these results from a real budget printer. Yet to find out how long the cartridges last, just appreciating that Cannon kept the key components for creating quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars canon ip 2600, 2 Nov 2008
Mr. N. Johnson (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
Bought this printer to replace my canon ip1500 about 5 mins to set up and wow what a brilliant bit of kit speedy black and photos are amazing

2.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer, 21 April 2009
Frances M. Rees "(Fran)" (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer

I bought this printer to use with my laptop, which uses Windows Vista operating system. It was easy to set up and get going and gave good results when printing B/W text. HOWEVER, when I tried to print photographs with the standard Windows sofware, they were hopeless - they all appeared to be viewed through a fog/mist and all colours were muted. I then tried the software that came with the printer - no fog, but there was a strong yellow bias and all the greens looked more lime green and were not acceptable. I tried many things and many people, including the Canon helpline, all to no avail. No-one has come up with an answer to the problem. It is not the printer, as everything works absolutely fine if I use it with my main compuer, which uses Windows XP. My other printer (HP officejet d135) works fine with the laptop & Vista software, so the problem seems to be with the driver that Canon are providing for use with Vista. My advice - if you have Windows XP, it is a great little value for money printer; if you have Windows Vista, and want to print photographs, forget it! Totally useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Photo Printer, 9 Dec 2008
Jack Levick - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
Ive only had this printer for a few hours, i bought it for my photography course so i could print my photos at home, and the quality is amazing for a 30 printer, its easy to set up, the ink cartridges are a pretty good price considering the quality, so if your looking for a printer for photos you cant go wrong with this one. one thing that your gonna need to buy is a lead to connect the printer to the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer- top quality! Recommended!!!, 21 Oct 2008
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I was looking for a printer the other day and couldnt decided which one to get, i bought the Lexmark z735 2years ago for about 15 but its seriously so expensive to run and not worth it at all. The Lexmark took forever to print one page and the ink cost about 15 average which didnt last long plus it being combined ink it always run out so much quicker, therefore i decided to spend a bit more on a better printer.

Having looked around, i concluded to this printer, and i am sooooo happy with my purchase! It looks great-shiny black, very easy to use and install! Took about 5mins- take it out of the box, plug it in, turn it on, put the cartridges in, install the software, attach a usb cable and its ready to use!

It comes with 2 ink cartridges one black and one colour. (ideal for me since you can choose which to use when printing instead of what i had before with the Lexmark where i didnt have a choice and it would use the ink and then once the black part of the ink had gone it was say id have to buy a new one, therefore if the black went on this one, i could just buy a new black cartridge and not have to buy colour if i dont use it much)

It doesnt come with a USB cable- hardly any printers do anyway- and i used the same one from my old printer.

I couldnt beleive how quick the printing was- i printed out two pages of my essay just to test it and it prints one line at a time in a split second, where as my Lexmark took about ten seconds per line! this is exactly the kind of speed i was looking for as ill be printing lots of essays this year.

The quality of the ink is extremely good i thought maybe on my other printer it was my paper that made the ink look rubbish and fade but it wasnt its the ink! the ink and quality of the work printed is so good just like its suppose to look! textbook quality. Very sharp and crisp.

It has a quiet mode so at night you can turn it on this mode if you dont want to wake anyone, but you can also keep it on in this mode all the time for the quietness.

my old printer also kept gettin paper jams and the paper would get aligned wrong somehow but with this printer, you can align it to A4 and the paper would stay there and print out straight as it should.

overall im extremely impressed with this printer.

It is also clever how it has a sensor that knows when the front part of the printer is not open when you try to print, for example today i pressed print and then got a alert message saying to open the front lid of the printer (as that is where the paper comes out of) to avoid paper jams. so this is clever incase you forget to open it, and then you can close it to save space.

30 is a bargain for this printer, it also is designed to print photos but i havent tried that yet so cannot comment. but it is definitely better than the lexmark z735 i had before. and a top quality printer which everyone should buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little printer, 24 Dec 2008
Richard Pugh - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
Just recieved this printer after using lexmark printers for years spending around 100 for the lexmark and had nothing but truble with them so decided to change to another brand and im glad i did. I just paid 26 for this lovely printer and the quality is amazing and was simple to set up. Its prints pretty fast and has a much easier way of using things like the allignment and cleaning. If on a budget this is the perfect printer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement, 18 Dec 2008
Ronald S. Atkinson "zook" (north east uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I am sold on Canon products and their printers are particularly economic with ink, giving one of the lowest unit costs per page for all printer makes. The iP2600 was bought to replace my Canon i550 which cost 99.99 on sale in October 2003 and gave up only because the ink dump became full and not because of fault (too expensive to fix). On the down side the iP2600 cartridges do not appear to be capable of diy refill, will somebody correct me? On the upside it is faster than the i550 and has a smaller footprint. Very easy and quick to install and Canon does respond to email queries. So, I'm well pleased with this replacement and hope it lasts 5 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, simple, basic, 2 Feb 2009
This review is from: Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer (Electronics)
I bought this printer, and it came super quick.
The quality is good.
The printing is fast.
If you want a very basic printer, to print colour and b/w, I would recommend this.
The only thing i would say is its best for a computer, not a laptop, unless you want to constantly plug it in and out.
Oh and the serial number is stupidly hidden behind the ink cartridges, which it doesn't tell you. But other wise a simple basic printer.

Canon PIXMA iP2600 Photo Printer