Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: rubber seal|Change

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 4 February 2015
A small but vital purchase that has allowed me to make great coffee again with my very old stove-top espresso makers. The exact dimensions of the rubber gaskets (when new) are: 7.3 cm (in inches 2 7/8 in) outside diameter and 5.6 cm (2 1/8 in) inner diameter . I say “when new” because I think these rings expand slightly with use and after exposure to heat.

I have a 6-cup Bialetti and also an almost identical Zanzibar (if you are puzzled by the cup designation, remember that they are talking about the tiny espresso shot-type cups used in Italian caffè establishments). These gaskets fit both machines and work even better after a few brews. The kit contains 3 rubber seals and a replacement filter plate. I looked everywhere for these and ended up taking a chance with an internet purchase. Very happy … the search is over.
on 3 March 2016
When you buy a Bialetti unit, it comes with a latex (natural) rubber seal, which works very well, but which fails eventually and has to be replaced. I have NEVER been able to find satisfactory replacement seals for these units - and that includes ones sold by the manufacturer! The replacements are always a white (presumably synthetic) rubber, which are useless for providing a decent seal.
The replacement filter is also variable - the hole size varies from batch to batch. It is important, becasue it provides the back-pressure necessary to produce the 'espresso coffee' effect (no pressure means it is like a cafetiere).
I have brought lots of replacement seals for these 'mocha' coffee makers and they are always made from useless white synthetic rubber. Basically, these Bialetti coffee-makers are only usable whilst the original seal is still working.
on 8 September 2015
I bought this for my Bialetti Elegance Venus Stainless Steel 6 cup moka pot as the ones I have are quite old. These replacements fit the pot perfectly but unfortunately don't work as I would expect, and result in a far looser seal. The rubber seals seems somewhat thicker than the one that came with the pot initially, and the filter holes on this are considerably smaller than those on original. This means that I get a much smaller quantity of coffee when I use these and the taste is not as good either, as the coffee seems to struggle through the filter.
I'm not sure if these are intended for my Venus pot or not,but to me they do not perform as they should and I would not recommend.
on 10 May 2014
Having replaced my Bialetti 6 cup Moka (aluminium) with the 6 cup stainless steel Kitty Nera, I thought that the seals would be the same on both pots, so I used the ones I had bought already for the Moka, and suddenly I found that it didn't work properly in that there didn't seem to be enough pressure, so it took ages, not all the water went from the bottom to the top and the coffee tasted bitter. Before writing the pot off as a bad buy, I did a bit of research and found a comment from someone that said that the seals aren't the same size, so I ordered these ones and, hey presto, it's working fine again! There may only be about 1mm difference between the two seals, but that 1 mm makes all the difference between being an airtight seal and not.
on 25 November 2015
What a relief! My Bialetti is now working again after I stupidly forgot to put any water in it and wrecked the previous seal. I can now enjoy my favourite coffee again. Such a low price for what seems like a new machine. I now need to remember where I put the two spare seals in case I do it again!

Only four stars because it took rather longer than we've come to expect these days and I was getting withdrawal symptoms. Still it came from Ireland so I guess we must be patient.
on 29 April 2015
Worked perfectly with our Bialetti 6-cup Musa Restying Stovetop. Arrived the morning after ordering.
on 21 May 2015
I ordered these to replace the gasket in my bialetti kitty. There are three gaskets and one spare screen.
I have used one of the gaskets now for the past few months and it works great and I have three more spares.
I think they are very good value compared as there are four gaskets and the price was very good.
on 31 January 2014
Bought these seals for my Bialetti 6-cup coffee pot. Despite being the correct seals from the same manufacturer for the appropriate pot, the seals are slightly too small and the pot fizzles away on the hob with steam escaping from every gap! Definitely not good!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2014
Buy several of these
Good quality and do not corrode too quickly.
Tip: do not allow pot to over boil, it causes the seal to corrode quicker
on 25 July 2014
Great set of spares, good quality! Enough rubber seal rings to keep you going a while.
Delivery was quick and no problems.