Format: Audio CDChange

on 22 April 2008
i'm afraid. It's a very good album, and I may well have given it 5stars had I not been expecting more. It's often the case when you've been listening to downloaded tracks available online for a couple of years (and elle milano have been very kind in making a huge amount of their music free to download) that the well produced album feels like it has less energy. Tracks like RIP La Presidente, sunshine in happy land, appreciating lichtenstein and poet man of the people didnt make it onto the album, which is fair enough, but these songs had a raw energetic edge to them, that some of this album lacks.
I think in time I will probably want to increase my rating to 5 stars, but right now it's not quite what i'd hoped for. Definitely worth buying and listening to with the volume up. They are individual and intelligent and a whole lot better than most of the recent 'indie' releases.

Edit (12/5/8): Ive changed my mind now, it is 5 Stars after all!
VINE VOICEon 20 March 2008
I've been listening to a Japanese copy of this album (released earlier than the UK - in March).

The good news is that it's AMAZING.

For fans of Elle Milano, favourites such as Katsuki & Stepkids are here alongside new songs such as Carousels (a brilliant track) & Wonderfully Wonderful. Singles 'My Brother the Astronaut' (should have been top-10 in my humble opinion) & 'Meanwhile In Hollywood' are included.

The songwriting is absolutely superb and Adam's vocals add a depth that many indie bands sadly lack. For a three-piece, it's simply breathtaking that they can create such an amazing noise.

In summary, it's one of the best debut albums I've heard in years. And that includes years which have seen the rise & rise of Arctic Monkeys. This totally blows Arctics' album away.

Believe your own hype, Always!
on 12 March 2013
First heard of this band aages ago and finally got round to buying the album as I randomly remembered a song. Good album, I don't normally buy music but glad I bought this CD.