5.0 out of 5 stars A very good knife., 23 Feb 2012
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kuhn Rikon Colori Paring Knife - Various Colours (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this knife to prepare Sushi as well as using on fruit, veg and meat.

The knife is approximately 8 inches long from handle to blade tip. The blade is 4 inches long as is the handle. The blade which is made from carbon steel has a non stick coating and is the same colour as the handle and this knife comes in several colours of which is chosen for you. The knife feels nice in the hand and well balanced, the blade feels like it is half tang, going halfway into the handle this makes the blade quite strong. The blade drops down where it meets the handle into a bit of a Spanish notch so your hand shouldn't slip across the blade. The cutting edge travels right to the tip making this knife ideal for precise cuts. The handle is smooth and does have a small finger and thumb grip for better control. A safety sheath is provided to store the knife in which grips the blade well so no fear of it falling off.

So Kuhn Rikon have thought of everything in the design of this cracking little knife! It is very sharp indeed and cuts with great ease. I cut some lemon slices today with it for the first time today, perfection! Lovely to use. I love this knife!

After all that I do have one gripe. . . .

"They sent me a pink one!" See my pic upload!

Come on! My macho image is in tatters now!
My kids said it suits me though, swines!

Love the knife, brilliant specifications for the price so grab one. . .carefully! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Coloured Knives from Kuhn Rikon, 12 May 2010
Bought one of these Knives in Orangy yellow and it really is a superbly razor sharp blade, easily took the hairs from my arm when I first opened it up and has a sheath to protect the blade when not in use for storage in a draw or if traveling with the knife..
Slices through veg and fruit effortlesly and cuts onions in seconds, I can strip a clove of garlic with this knife in a matter of seconds too, but watch your fingers, one slip and this knife will bite you without you realising it, until you see blood. They say a really sharp knife doesn't hurt you when you cut yourself, its only the blood that lets you know you have a cut and this is true in this instance with this knife..
The knife is billed as a paring knife but is easily long enough and strong enough to cut small veg and fruit without any problem,
In fact this knife is so good I have ordered another Kuhn Rikon Colori Utility knife for meats and other foods.
Love the way you can colour code these knives so they are easy to put your hand too in the drawer, Have gone for a blue Utility knife to go with the Yellow Paring knife, will also add a Chefs Black Colori at a later date too..

For the price of these knives I really don't think you can go far wrong, they are easily the best value knives on the market at the moment and are sharper and hold a razor sharp edge longer, than lots of other blades out there costing 3 or 4 times as much.

These Kuhn Rikon Colori knives are Swiss designed by Philip Beyeler and have Japanese carbon steel blades which hold there razor sharp edge far longer than standard stainless steel knives, ok they are assembled in china but then half the worlds merchandise is assembled there because labour is cheaper in the far east, this does not detract from the quality of the knife in anyway, shape or form..
I hardly think Kuhn Rikon would go to the trouble of hiring a top swiss designer and use Japanese carbon steel, for the knife to be let down by poor build quality on assembly.. So quality is superb

I have worked in kitchens in the past and these would easily hold there own in a professional kitchen, infact I could see other chefs trying to swipe them, had they tried them..

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!, 30 Dec 2008
Mrs. F. C. Sefton (York, England) - See all my reviews
I was given one of these knives for Christmas and it is absolutely amazing. It slides through all the vegetables I have cut up like a dream. I have yet to try it on something really hard like swede. The blade is really sharp and it comes with a protective sheath. I also like the different colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad I got this, 15 April 2010
Pruski (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This paring knife is great - very sharp, with a protective sheath and looks great too. Just proves you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a good knife. I'll be buying the whole range!
Only downside (although it didn't bother me) is that this supplier doesn't let you choose your knife colour. Mine's bright pink and I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kuhn Rikon Paring knives, 22 Jun 2014
Best paring knives I have bought. Sharpness is maintained in spite of regular use which is what I wanted. Love the colors, adds a brightness to the kitchen

5.0 out of 5 stars Kuhn Rikon Colori Paring Knife, 7 Jan 2013
Wanted a knife with cover to carry in case for trips away. Perfect for slicing lemon and limes for G&Ts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kuhn Rikon Colori Paring Knife, 27 Dec 2012
P. MacPherson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great little knife, extremely sharp so they must always be covered with their protection cover whilst not in use. Highly recommend this knife.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the picnic bag, 24 Nov 2014
Nice sharp knife with a good cover, bought to take on picnics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knife, 4 Jan 2010
Mrs. A. R. S. Robertson "lady of the glen" (Edinburgh. Scotland) - See all my reviews
I already have one of these knives, and I am so delighted with it that I am going to collect the range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for price, 28 Oct 2013
I found this knife excellent value for cutting vegetables, swede, etc. Although not as sharp as previous knife I had, for its price cannot be faulted

Kuhn Rikon Colori Paring Knife - Various Colours