5.0 out of 5 stars A truly outstanding handheld achievement
I must say this is a spectacular game, and while not the best God of War title to date, it is a title without equal in it's genre on handheld systems.

Playing in familiar GoW fashion, with one or two annoying if necessary control scheme changes(Holding L+R and pressing X to dodge is not a pleasant addition I can tell you) and looking absolutely incredible for...
Published on 16 Mar. 2008 by John Clayton III

3.0 out of 5 stars Gameplay greatly satisfying but game is way too short
Fans of Kratos will not be disappointed, since look and feel are exactly the same on PS2 and PSP. Scenery, artwork and music are beautiful, diversity of quests and moves are good.
My only and great comment is on the length of the game: in normal modus I finished the game in under 5 hours. So maybe for experienced God of War players the game is nog challenging enough...
Published on 18 Aug. 2008 by R. P. Vermeulen

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it but too short, 19 April 2008
M. B. Mason "gamerguy" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
i absolutely adored this game it is easily much favourite game on any hand held console ever. The control system works brilliantly, the camera angles are never a problem(in fact they make the game very cinematic in areas) and the graphics are some of the best ive seen on the psp so far. However this game is a bit sort i completed it in 4 hrs and 50 mins on normal difficulty the day after i bought it. Also i didn't find normal difficult in the slightest, only dieing once or twice through out the whole game and i am new to god of war! that said this game does have suprisingly good replay value i am already half way through hard mode and also there are sort of mini games to play aswell. overall this is a brilliant game well worth £20 dont let the length put u off i promise u ull complete at least twice + all the mini games before getting bored of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The God of War Returns!, 15 Mar. 2009
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
To be honest I have been a bit disappointed with games on the PSP. I've tried several and found the controls cumbersome and clumsy. I actually recently purchased my PSP more for its multi-media functions and Wi-Fi Capabilities. I have been a huge GoW fan since the 1st game on PS2 and was very skeptical about playing it on the PSP; I however I could not resist the call of Kratos. Sony did not disappoint. Playing Chains of Olympus on the PSP so much like playing GoW on the PS2, I fear for my "O" button. The graphics are simply amazing for the PSP. I find the only noticeable difference is the smaller screen. The environments are just as rich and the action just as intense. I have fought about 2 bosses so far and look forward to losing many hours delivering the message of the gods with wraith of my blades.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games on PSP, 19 April 2008
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
This is an excellent game for the PSP and if you have a PSP, are over 18, and like this sort of game, get it! I won't go into the story as it has been said a lot here, but it ties up the issues with the Titans, and adds a bit more information of Kratos' past. As many have said, it is short, but sweet. I get a 10-15 minute play on this on my tube journey to work, and some people close their dull newspapers to watch. The graphics run close to the PS2, and the sound and music are top notch. Less puzzles, but more fights are what this game is about. Its is rated 18, so it is not for the young or those that cringe at the sight of blood. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing adventure for the psp, 18 Aug. 2010
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
Before I start I must say that I am a beloved God of War fan and this was the last game that I needed for my collection. Having just Purchased after completing god of war 3 (which is a masterpiece) I was a bit disappointed at the game. I had to keep think to myself this was released before number 3 and upon doing that it was quite good. The game is set before the god of war 1 and is not essential to the trilogy. It uses the same finger mash button lay out at the first two games. There is a reference to the in the god of war 3 before you kill Helios. But I loved as I did the other games and this is a must for any god of war fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any psp owner, 23 Feb. 2009
Mr. Frank Mackell "Funtime" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
I would highly recommend this title to any one who enjoys action games, the makers have really pushed the psp with great visuals, sound and some top set pieces everything about the game is of a high quality.

With most games their is always flaws and this has a couple but mostly to do with the psp controls, the nub can be tricky to use and due to this can result in some unfair energy losses but in truth doesn't come in to play that much to distract from an otherwise great game.

This is a great addition to the excellent PS2 games and I would strongly advise anyone to give it a try you wont be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Beginning to End, 17 May 2008
M. Lewis "purplestone" (Redditch, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
I don't usually play this genre and have hardly ever had the ability or motivation to complete one to the end. However, God of War blew me away! Initially seduced by the top-notch screen shots I thought I'd give it a try. I wasn't disappointed by the graphics or the sound, and once I got used to the controls I just kept playing. As the game progresses it gets increasingly challenging, but importantly, not so much that you get frustrated; and eventually a bit of practice will see you through to the next stage. I've just completed the game and am now contemplating trying again at a higher skill level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game, 4 Jan. 2009
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
Bought this game for my boyfriend a few days ago & he hasn't put it down since! Also had a little go myself, graphics are great and the storyline and game itself I can't fault. The only negative we found was that the save points at times seemed to take forever to reach which is a bit annoying when you want to finish up as we had to keep playing ages before we had chance to save. Also some of the puzzles involved in opening doors are a little challenging but I suppose that's better tha them being too easy. Overall would reccomend as a good game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Class act, 6 April 2008
Pd Stewart (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
Having read several of the reviews of this game nearly all giving high praise all i can do is add my voice to the crowd.
This game is the single stand out game on the PSP, it has superb graphics, perfectly judged and satisfying gameplay, great fight scenes and also well judged puzzles. Every aspect of this game is well thought out, judged and executed - it is excellant.
I haven't tried to explain the plot and aims of the game, but simply to say this is £20 extremely well spent for your PSP, it is the best game on the PSP bar none

5.0 out of 5 stars A great adventure..., 11 April 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
I haven't played any of the previous God of War sequels, so cannot compare, but this particular version was incredible. I enjoy these sort of action/adventure games, where there is not much puzzle solving involved, yet a lot of action. It had a great storyline, keeping you constantly interested. However, it would be great if the game carried on for just a little bit longer, instead of ending immediately. From the ending, am sure there will be a sequel and waiting impatiently for it to come out!

5.0 out of 5 stars GOD OF THE PSP GAMES, 6 July 2008
This review is from: God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP) (Video Game)
Although a little short and a tiny bit frustrating (q.t.e event button notice switching from l/r tapping to analog for example) this game is well worth investing for newbies and g.o.w fans alike.
i had not played the ps2 incarnations but have purchased them on the strength of this amazing title.

a breath of fresh air for the psp which is becoming mired at the moment with crap games or rehashes - god of war is beautifully presented in any way you look at it and im hoping we see more.

God of War: Chains of Olympus (PSP)