5.0 out of 5 stars Revelation
I am not technically minded. I have had a larger and cumbersome DV tape camcorder for years. Hard disc camcorders are a revelation. This camcorder is part of that!

I am not technically minded so in summary:

Published on 1 Jan 2009 by m shroot

2.0 out of 5 stars Mac OSX users beware!!
Published on 3 Oct 2008 by Mio

5.0 out of 5 stars Revelation, 1 Jan 2009
This review is from: JVC GZ-MG330R Slim HDD/microSD Hybrid Camcorder With Konica Minolta Lens (35x Optical Zoom) (Electronics)

I am not technically minded so in summary:

1. It looks good in red, is compact but feels well built and fits in my coat pocket and in my wifes bag as it is not too heavy! great for family days out.
2. It is extremely easy to operate, just open the viewfinder, point,and press the record button, the camera does the rest very easily.
3. Uploading to a computer is also very easy. just load the enclosed software, plug in the USB leads and press a button on the camera and it all appears on the computer like magic and it is very fast to upload. It is then like using a normal digital camera with all the various clips which can then be edited or easily burned on to a dvd by pressing the 'burn dvd' option.
4. The battery life is fine, you can buy more powerful ones, but the current one lasts me about 1 hour 30. this is enough because on an average day out you are not going to use it more than that.
5. The memory gives you over 7 or so hours of recording on the best fine quality, again, realistically, this is more than enough for qulaity recording, any more and it is likely you will never watch it again anyway as it is too long. Plus you can inseet some sort of memory card to give you more memory.
6. The playback quality is good. i am no expert, however, i have seen lots of different cameras and this is one of the better ones.
7.value for money and no more horrible tapes!!

4.0 out of 5 stars No problem with Mac computers, 16 Jan 2009
N. Hamilton-King "netuser" (Cornwall UK) - See all my reviews
Despite the comments of an earlier reviewer, the movie files taken on this camera can be viewed on Mac computers by downloading free converter software of which there are several. Not only can one view files using Quicktime but one can also convert to Real Player format. Furthermore the downloaded software will also allow the playing of Windows Media Video (.wmv) files for those who formerly used a Windows operating syatem.

Whilst not perfect, this camera does everything as stated on the box. It is particularly attractive in red and stands out from the crowd as being that little bit different. It is both light in weight and extremely portable, but certainly not lightweight in the features offered.

If one is wishing to take serious movie shots then this may well not be the camera for you but as a tool to capture unique moments and family mementos, it is an ideal companion to other photographic equipment.

My advice is to snap one up whilst they are at a competitive price. It is amazing how much the price varies depending upon the colour chosen. This camera comes in three colours, namely red, blue and silver, but the bottom line is that they are all exctly the same camera!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mac OSX users beware!!, 3 Oct 2008
The camera itself seems to run smoothly. However I am unable as yet to see how the video plays on my mac. When I came to download the recorded files to my mac, I discovered that the native JVC mod. format is not recognised or playable. It appears that in-order to play the recorded files, separate video converter software has to be purchase (approximately 30 -40). This is a further expensive that I feel JVC should make clear, especially since all the software supplied with the camera is Windows based.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camcorder, 26 April 2009
Mr. A. Green (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is as a great little camcorder that is totally intuitive to use. I bought it to use on a recent skiing trip and it's small size and ease of use meant that recording my family whilst I was also skiing was a doddle. The touch sensitive bar on the screen makes it easy to get to the clips and settings without having to tunnel through lots of menus. So far I've only used it for simple videoing of my family and it has performed brilliantly and therefore I can't comment on any advanced editing type functions.

If anyone is in the market for a good priced, good quality and handy camcorder I would have no problem recommending this little JVC.

5.0 out of 5 stars my opinion, 7 Jan 2009
A. Vrettos "Aimsly" (wales,uk) - See all my reviews
This camcorder is one of the simplest out there, i enjoyed using it as you get told what to do as you sign on. The zoom is fun to use, and the sound amazed me as it was rather loud other than most camcorders. I really like this product and as it is small it fits in my pocket most of the time. I take it almost everywhere just incase i need a picture or video of an event. On the whole i enjoy using this camera even with my friends, and cant understand why anyone would hate it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible picture quality, 27 Oct 2008
My first venture into camcorders has proved to be a wasted exercise with this model. I wanted something that was easy to use, it is even without referring to the manual. This has earned one star!
However, if this is an example of camcorders then I'll stick to recording video on my existing digital STILLS camera in normal mode.
The so called auto focus reacts very slowly, if at all, when played back directly to a television from both HDD and SD card (Sandisk) and recorded in ultrafine, in good daylight, the colours are totally false and the picture quality is very poor with what appears to be a woodgrain effect. In fact I've seen better pictures on old poorly recorded VHS tapes. It makes no appreciable difference if recording in any quality from normal and fine to ultrafine.I've tried two separate tvs 32 and 23 inch lcd and there's no difference even on the smaller screen.
Sorry to be so negative but I'm surprised others have given this model such glowing reviews.
Oh, it looks good in red! That's about it.
Returned for refund as being not fit for purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 April 2009
very good camcorder very easy to use zoom is excellent and amount of memory very good. def reccomend. size is great to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit!, 9 Mar 2009
H. G. Smith "hgsmith" (lincoln,uk) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent product. Very simple to use, straight from the box, the results are very satisfying right from the start. Good quality images, range of colour, and sound repreduction, together with a quality feel make this s real bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars JVC GZ-MG330R Slim HDD/microSD Hybrid Camcorder With Konica Minolta Lens (35x Optical Zoom), 24 May 2009
Mr. D. Boyce "Daimaxboyce" (South Wales) - See all my reviews
This Camcorder is excellent.
You do not need to be technical minded to use it.
The video ability is great as well as the photo mode which takes great pictures. Zoom is absolutely great.
Taken a video at an Aerobic Gymnastics event my daughter took part in and it is great.
Picks up sound and vision at great quality.
The software which comes with it is really helpful when puttin a video together later.

Well worth the money.
Buy a stand for a better video film.