on 20 June 2010
Both the 2 earlier reviewers are correct. This is a very basic stand and it can be unstable especially if its not on a firm horizontal surface such as a garage floor. I have now owned my stand for about 4 years and I would not be without it - good for basic maintenance and washing the bike down. If you need something really stable, buy a proper mechanics stand that clamps the crossbar but it will cost you over £100.
on 13 January 2011
Generally quite unstable so if you were thinking of doing any real work using this stand then Id keep away. If like me you want it for purely lubing the chain, changing brake pads and other minor maintenance tasks then its likely to be a bit more suitable. Ive found that for my hardtail and road bike this is half decent stand but for my full suspension it has a tendency to nearly topple.
on 4 October 2012
This is a perfectly decent display stand and shouldn't be confused with or described as a repair or workshop stand.* It's fine for supporting the bike to do simple adjustments but isn't ideally suited to helping you do stuff like change the cassette or bottom bracket or remove/fit cranks. On the other hand it is a hundred times better than leaning the bike against a wall.

I have to store and maintain my bike in a cramped, damp, shared basement that also contains various gas meters, domestic appliances and so on; I don't have space to store and use a proper workshop stand and anyway I don't want to spend upwards of £75 on something which is probably going to get damp and rusty and be carelessly handled by others. This small display stand is actually perfect for my current needs and is decent value. It's very simple and only takes a couple of minutes to assemble.

*The manufacturer describes this as a display stand and has a different section of their website for proper workshop stands. Google "tm-6225 display stand" for confirmation. The manufacturer is "LOONEY-MAX ENTERPRISE CO" of Taiwan (no kidding). Some reviewers complain that they expected a Raleigh branded or manufactured item. Raleigh wholesale all kinds of unbranded or generic stuff to the bicycle trade and if it came out of the Raleigh catalogue or from the Raleigh sales rep then lots of bike shop people will call it a Raleigh something or other. They're not trying to trick you.
on 7 July 2009
The product was entitled Raleigh Workshop Maintenance Bike Stand. The only reference to Raleigh was a silver sticker without the Raleigh cycles trade mark. This leaves me to suspect that the product is NOT a Raleigh product. As for the stability of the product it is inherently VERY unstable. I put my mountain bike onto the stand which was then about to fall sideways had I not caught it. The feet of the stand are not long enough, on either side, which does not give sufficient stability to the product even to remain upright never mind to try to work on the bike. I would not recommend any one to purchase this stand unless they had a very light bike.
33 comments23 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I saw a bicycle repair man using one in our local shop. It looked good but now I have bought one it is very, very unstable.
I will extend the legs with some copper water pipe to make it usable but without that it's next to useless! The bike just manages to keep upright with care. Certainly no use for working on it.
on 10 April 2013
bought this as im pretty new to bikes and wanted something that i could use to work with when needed, well its tiny, wont hold a bike in place and just falls over every time, wish i had just not purchased it, dont waste your well earned cash. in the mean time resorted back to upside down bike maintenance.
would love to know what bike this stand is meant for. not a adults bike thats for sure.
on 16 January 2011
Good value for money and holds my 13kg 58cm 700cc wheel hybrid on the garage floor sufficiently for me to mess about with the chain and brakes. If you want to do more than this sort of basic maintenance you need to spend more money!
VINE VOICEon 9 November 2009
This stand is designed to hold the back wheel off the ground , enabling you to work on things , that need the pedals to turn the back wheel forwards ; like deraileur adjustments - so don't try to get the whole bike up in the air - it's not made for that. It is surprisingly stable - I put mine up alonside the wall of the house , so it can't really fall over , but it never seems to want to anyway. A simple , but effective design - like so many good things that work well. It's light , and conveniently small for storing away , without the need for dismantling. At a fraction of the price of a full workshop stand , and with Amazon reducing it in price recently , this is a good bargain. I've noticed that there's a new version out now , but I can't see that it's much different. Now is a good time to buy this stand - I'm happy with mine.
on 5 August 2009
All I needed was a stand to enable me to do maintenance on my mountain bike and this does just that. It's a no frills, easy to assemble basic stand at a fair price - delivered a day or two after placing the order - perfect for me!
on 21 July 2012
I needed a stand like this that lifted the rear wheel to fix the derallieur. It was easy to assemble- however you will need a spanner or wrench to tighten the bolts adequately. It was also smaller than expected but this was no problem, and has several adjustments for different sized bikes. Despite being small, it holds the bike up sturdily, and thus is a big space saver - honestely does the job very well for the cheap price. I could really go at it pedalling to full speed with my hand, then changing gears, and the stand held it's ground.

5/5