5.0 out of 5 stars Value and Durability
Universal Regulated 500mA AC/DC Adaptor Power --DC500R

Published on 29 July 2011 by Peter McNeill

1.0 out of 5 stars Noisy
I bought this for my Akai Synthstation 25 midi keyboard for ipod/iphone and as the other reviews said, this adapter causes a loud noise to come out of my headphones. which is no good for monitoring music.

Also the plug wouldnt stay in very well so the keyboard kept restarting. Just spend a little more and go get a well made one
Published 23 months ago by js

5.0 out of 5 stars Value and Durability, 29 July 2011
This review is from: Universal Regulated 600mA AC/DC Adaptor Power (OR-AD600) (Electronics)
Universal Regulated 500mA AC/DC Adaptor Power --DC500R

This variable power supply with multiple connectors and both polarities is an excellent device. Firstly it has an assortment of voltages which are easily selectable from the underside of the plug. Next, this has the highest current rating I could find for the price I was prepared to pay. 500mA's is high. This means it won't cut out when heavy current devices are connected but most home devices shouldn't need this much current but it's handy to have if you are going to use this adaptor for lots of different devices. Next, it's regulated. This means it supplies a steady and constant voltage and current independent of load. Sensitive devices don't operate well when the voltage supply and current vary so this feature helps. Then there is the cost. It's under a tenner, this is brilliant. It arrives quickly, it versatile and it's cheap. Very good product all round.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine once you know how to use it., 11 July 2012
I was weary at first when I got this, as it felt quite flimsy and cheap, however it turned out to work just fine.

I bought this to be used with a guitar pedal and it works perfectly with this adaptor.

I ran into a few problems setting it up so here is how to get around them:

Some things you should look out for is that the plug in is the right voltage for whatever appliance your using (mine being 9v), also that you put the plug in the right way so the + and - are the correct way (this makes sure the polarity is right), then you must get a flat-head screwdriver and turn the voltage wheel on the back of the plug to match your appliance and the plug in you have selected.

The delivery was very fast too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful gadget, 7 April 2010
A. Withers (UK) - See all my reviews
To quote a well known advertiser "it does what it says on the tin". The output voltage is regulated, independent of load - very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 18 May 2011
Nice compact adaptor, with a range of voltages and connectors. Check it does the voltage you require, check the output current is sufficient for your needs (should be stamped on the electrical device you are wanting to power), and, if these two check out, you won't be disappointed.

For the price, I'd be surprised if you can find a better adaptor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformer, 6 Jun 2011
So they call it an adaptor, I call it a transformer!!. Does what it says, well made, solid, silent, can't fault it, would buy another. Excellent...

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant buy, 20 Mar 2012
My son uses our exercise bike daily so when the adaptor wire snapped we needed to replace it fast but didn't really know if a universal adaptor would fit our particular needs. We matched up the power requirements between the broken adaptor and this one and hoped that one of the connectors would fit. The adaptor arrived very quickly and we altered the dial to the right voltage, attached the correct mini socket and hooked it up. It works perfectly which is a huge relief because it's an expensive exercise bike and I didn't want to have to pay the ridiculous cost of an official replacement adaptor.

Best of all is that I only had to listen to my son moan for three days about his out of commission bike.

The only improvement to this excellent gadget would be a longer wire but that applies to all adaptors I've ever used - official ones and universal models alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 29 Oct 2011
I use this as a replacement for one that ceased to work. It was easy to select the voltage and use the appropriate connection adaptor. It has the added advantage of having an LED on the back of the plug so you can see when it has mains power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, great value, 22 Mar 2012
I bought this to replace a lost power adapter for my electric keyboard. After seeing adapters at Maplin for £16+ I saw this on Amazon at nearly 1/3 the price, it arrived in 2 days and I am very impressed. All you need to do is choose the correct size pin from the numerous ones supplied and then use a screwdriver to set the voltage selection. The product also looks good, much more compact that the original it replaced and nice smooth contours (if that matters to you).! I only wish I had ordered a second one to have on hand in case I ever need to replace another.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wireless headphones came to life again!!, 11 Jan 2012
The product by itself I think is really good and very easy to set. You just have to select the voltage you need and that's it! In addition, it comes with all the adaptor plugs you might need...! 100% Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars You have given my SONY speakers life! :), 3 Feb 2010
Sharon Kimouche (London) - See all my reviews
Hi there. I purchased a SONY Speaker Dock for my IPOD in NY at Xmas recently. It was from a discount store, in an opened box with a missing plug. I couldn't use the plug anyway in the UK because of different electrics. It was on sale for only $20, so I bought it and hoped for the best. Upon my return from NY, I purchased your adaptor and it has worked a treat. I am now happily listening to music. Thanks for quick transaction and delivery, as well as a quality product. Regards, Sharon Kimouche