‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Poultry roaster, 27 April 2009
Mr. M. D. Brocket (Sheffield,England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
Tried it out at the weekend with excellent results. You have to use the indirect cooking method with this and as my barbecue hasn't got a lid I had to resort to the oven,however, you will need a pretty big BBQ lid to ensure that when using it with a chicken sat on top of it you could close it. Worked fine in the oven and the taste,well it resembles that of a rotisserie cooked chicken except better. Used a rub comprising 1 teaspoon each each of ground cinnamon, paprika, chilli, salt and cumin and the beer was Newcastle Brown. Don't think that I will be cooking a chicken any other way again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product!, 17 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
I used this product for the first time on Sunday (always wanting to try out new ways of cooking chicken).....RESULT; cooked in the oven, medium size chicken for around 45-50 mins, meat was succulent and delicious and skin was full of flavour and crispy! Having looked at the cheaper option (DIY job), I thought I'd go for the more expensive version for a couple of reasons, firstly you could put a few potatoes or few pieces of veg in the bottom of the tray to roast along with the chicken fat and juices that drop, and secondly because it contains all the mess (so easy to use). One down side is that its not dishwasher proof and, although this isn't a real issue the top piece kept popping off the chicken during the cooking. We all enjoyed this so much, that I am just about to purchase another 2, one for my sister in law and one for my Dad! Weber Style Poultry Roaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Crispy skin, succulent flesh, 21 May 2011
Debs "Little Chef" (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
Like the previous reviewer, I used this in my oven at 180C. I made a rub of a tsp each of paprika, chilli powder, cumin and dried thyme and used a light beer in the roaster's receptacle. The result was fantastic - the skin was crispy while the flesh was juicy and succulent. This may seem a lot to pay for a relatively simple gadget but I was impressed with the result and would definitely recommend this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than a beer can - but watch the price!, 21 Feb. 2014
Ant (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
This is the usual quality product from Weber. I bought mine for around £26 as it was 25% off at my local garden centre. RRP is £35 direct from Weber, so anyone charging more is ripping you off!

I had had problems barbecuing chicken with a beer can as its too easy for the can to buckle, and it seems to raise the chicken up too far. This device enables a good steady base for the chicken, is substantial and isnt going to buckle. It also catches juices nicely for your gravy. Recommended, but take care on how much you are paying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 1 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
This was purchased as a better alternative to a spit roaster for my BBQ. It has proven to be an inspired choice. The chicken cooks beautifully throughout and the base allows you to periodically baste the chicken. However you must ensure you have enough room on your BBQ to allow you to close the lid as this is a requirement of this device to ensure complete cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best chicken ever..., 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
These are well designed, excellent quality and look great.

I'm a non drinker so I used this to make some good old lemon and garlic chicken. I've so far only tried this in my oven and the results were fantastic. Probably the best roast chicken my family have ever had. The meat literally fell off the bone.

I have a Weber barbeque aswell so will next time try the chicken in there.

Have even thought about purchasing another one to make two chickens at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but I love this item!!, 5 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
I use this for beer can chicken and its great. Quite expensive I think and spent ages looking for a similar but cheaper one in the UK (think this was shipped from Auz or the U.S) but am very pleased.

Its solid cast Aluminium and will probably last forever and has a non stick coating on which makes it easy to clean. It says not for use in the dishwasher but mines goes in and its fine.

Don't be tempted to use a real beer can as they don't fit or even a red bull shaped can as I tried this a couple of times in the past and no matter how careful you are, it will ALWAYS fall over! This makes the process so much easier and if you are basting the chicken then this collects the juices in the pan and can be reused instead of dripping onto the coals.

A great accessory and perfect for your new Weber!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Roaster Rave, 24 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
Superb. Will never cook a chicken any other way. Chicken is so moist. It also cooks a lot quicker than it would if roasted the normal way. Have recommended to friends and 2 have already bought one and also very impressed. You can just place a chicken on the spikes without anything in the can area and it is just as good. Love it, can't wait for Sunday's and roast chicken.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crispy Skin and evenly cooked meat... just amazing!, 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
Excellent kit. Cook a medium sized chicken in 6o minutes. Cooks evenly and gives a nice crispy skin. It comes with a booklet with information on different marinades but I've not tried them yet, I'm happy enough rubbing various combinations of spices into the skin and this gives an excellent result. You'll be wanting to eat your chicken before it's on the plate with this... it's that good! Mouth watering!... STRICTLY NOT FOR VEGETARIANS ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Only way to do chicken, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Weber Style Poultry Roaster (Garden & Outdoors)
Did a 'men can cook' class,.. and we used this with great results. Don't put this in the dishwaher !

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›