4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive set of grooming tools
Published on 17 May 2009 by D. Brockis

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many long term faults
I did not buy this from Amazon but from a shop. At first, I thought it ticked all the boxes, then I found a couple of problems, the second of which is making me throw it in the bin and start again.

Published on 4 Mar. 2011 by Geoffrey Halfhide

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Too many long term faults, 4 Mar. 2011
Geoffrey Halfhide "Quantic" (Chelmsford, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips QG3150 7-In-1 Rechargeable Body Grooming Kit (Personal Care)

Firstly, the nose trimmer. This has got a plastic blade rather than a metal blade so that,instead of neatly cutting the nasal hairs, it tended to rip them out by the roots, an eye watering experience.

Then, shortly after the warranty ran out, the whole thing started to die. Despite being fully charged, the motor seemed to be reluctant to work at full power. The problem seems to be something to do with the on off switch and, if you juggle with it a bit, you get a bit of extra power but, on my tough beard, it would tend to grind to a halt.

One positive point about this machine is that, when it is working correctly, all the attachments are very good andvery useful and the plastic combes that go over the machine seem to work very well and I can get a very short, or medium, or whatever length I want, beard.

So, back to the drawing board and to find an alternative

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST I ever owned, 1 Mar. 2010
I hereby retract my previous glowing review of this product. DO NOT BUY IT. The adjustable plastic head which regulates hair length is abysmally flimsy. Mine snapped in two places after 3 or 4 trims. Shame on you, Philips. This product is physically lightweight and good for travel, just don't expect to be able to cut your hair - unless you wish to resemble Kojak, Travis 'Taxi Driver' Bickle or me. Just had a trim, head looks like a hard-boiled egg, wife will be thrilled, I'm sure. Buy something more robust.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive set of grooming tools, 17 May 2009
D. Brockis "dave6566" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is the third set of trimming tools that I've owned. As purely a beard trimmer, it is not quite as good as the Philip trimmer I first owned, but it does include far more accessories. Generally I am satisfied with this product, with my only concern being the firmness of the trimmer guide attachments: it is a little too easy to slide them to their lowest setting, giving a closer trim than intended. That said, I would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beard/Hair Trimmer for the better, 1 Jan. 2011
This is an updated version of a grooming kit I have had for some time, and as such does not need
oiling, and it gives a better hair cut and beard trim than the other one.
Anyone looking for a simple and easy to use kit should look no further.

2.0 out of 5 stars not for shaving the head, 17 May 2011
The plastic caps for shaving beard and hair are too fragile, I managed to brake mine a bit already. You should be really careful not to push them too strong. As it gets annoying that you have to charge it 8 hours before using, and then it runs for only 30 minutes, and if it charges out, then it is not possible to just plug it in and use the current straight from the cord, but you have to charge it again. Also it is not enough powerful for shaving the head, so if that is your main aim, then choose something else more powerful and stronger.

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, poor, but almost adequate, 29 May 2009
Under powered, plasticy, feeble, noisy little toy
..that will probably do fine for anyone trimming the sort of facial hair that would be best removed entirely.
I shall keep it as an overpriced nose hair remover.
Had expected better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Try and avoid this product if you can, 7 May 2011
I purchased this product about 6 months ago. Just a few weeks ago I noticed that no matter how much I charge it still dies on me after less than a minute use. The battery seems to be dead only after 6 months and potentially less than 10 times use of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal gift, 3 Dec. 2011
I bought twi of these - 1 for a present and 1 for my husband. We all are very satisfied of this kit. It is very easy to work with it. No more need of hairdresser for men.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, stopped working after a couple months, 12 Feb. 2015
Very poor quality, stopped working after a couple months. Not powerful enough - one time it took me a couple hours to finally shave off my hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Trimmer, 11 Feb. 2011
Excellent value for money, no need to worry now about unsightly hair as this shaver goes everyway and is sate to use in the shower,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›