5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic Honest Review
Published on 3 Nov 2008 by Gail Prince

1.0 out of 5 stars Promises much but delivers no long term value
I can't reinforce the reviews of many of the low star reviewers enough.

This camera looks good, is robust and pink. Engaged my children immediately until they saw the quality of the output. It is nothing short of rubbish.

Published on 9 Aug 2009 by S. Swindell

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic Honest Review, 3 Nov 2008
Gail Prince (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
I got this camera for my niece for xmas and to be on the safe side I thought that I would try it out before wrapping it. I used the camera for an afternoon and i think that it is absolutely brilliant especially for kids who couldnt care what 8 megapixels and optical zoom is. Granted the pictures are not up to the same standard as a proper digital camera but when you display the pictures on a tv using the av cables supplied they look really good and its got a lot of quirky little features. This is a great camera for KIDS , dont expect David Bailey quality from it as thats not what its made for - its made for FUN and I for one think that its exactly that and would give it six stars if i could ! BRILLIANT !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One very happy four year old, 26 Jan 2009
Mrs. G. Cormie (Forfar, Angus, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
Bought this camera for my daughter's fourth birthday somewhat apprehensively after reading the reviews. Sadly she was very unwell on her birthday but when she opened her present she was absolutely delighted and spent the rest of the day clicking away happily and adding devil horns to photos of her baby brother. She managed to work out how to use most of the functions by herself - it is very child friendly to use. As for the quality of the photos, I thought they were really quite good considering some of the awful reviews and for a child's camera I wouldn't be disappointed at all. This has been a great purchase and I would thoroughly recommend it. Perhaps the one downside is that it doesn't come with a case but it is very robustly built. Go on, buy it, you won't regret it and it is hilarious looking at what your little one has taken photos of - it gives you a real insight into how their little minds work.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN TIMES!!, 7 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
Got this camera for my niece on her birthday, she loved it and takes pictures at any given oppurtunity, she took it on a family holiday and ended up taking the best pictures out of the lot of us.
Real good value for money and with some nifty games and the cool pink colour she loved it.
think i may get one for myself :P

1.0 out of 5 stars Promises much but delivers no long term value, 9 Aug 2009
S. Swindell (Northants UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
I can't reinforce the reviews of many of the low star reviewers enough.

The pictures are of such low resolution as to be unprintable, the flash washes out everything close and fails to illuminate anything else.

If you want a toy it is OK but no more fun than similar toys a fraction of the price. As a camera it fails in all aspects.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright, fun and for kids!, 26 Nov 2008
J. Laughton - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
I gave this to my 2 yr old niece and she loves it! There's 100s of photos of the floor and people's ankles but in time she'll get better and absolutely loves snapping away with it (adults seem to think it's quite fun too). The age for it is 3+ so she's got time to learn as she grows.

First and foremost this is a kids camera. The quality of the photos isn't what you'd get from a 8 megapixel adult camera, but this is a toy. Your child can drop it on the ground, have sticky fingers and generally have a good kid time with it. That said, the photos aren't bad. The adults managed to get some good photos and so did my niece.

Other things to remember, you need 4 AA batteries and a screwdriver to get into the battery compartment. That's great for kids toys so they can't take the batteries out but bad if you're on holiday when they get the camera and can't put the batteries in.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb TOY, 10 Jan 2009
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
I get so frustrated with some reveiws on this site. This is not an adults camera, it is not supposed to be. it doesnt bother with 67 million mega mega pixels, or 23 super fantastic zoom. it is a TOY. Bought it for my 3 year old daughter for xmas and she is yet to put it down. its big, durable, good size screen, fun games, very easy to use, and you can play it on t.v. quality of pic is only ok but that is fine it is a TOY. the camera can take up to 200 pics on its own memory, battery life is good (same batteries in ours since xmas), good flash, great fun. If you want a camera for a young child so they can learn how to use, and have fun doing it, then this is the one. Remember it is a TOY!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!, 5 Jan 2009
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
My daughter has wanted this camera for months and it arrived in her xmas presents. It is amazing! My daughter just wants to take pictures....simple! She is not bothered about having them printed or anything. The pictures are viewable on the screen on the back of the camera and that is all that matters to us! WHat is amazing is that she is just coming on to 4 years of age and had learnt to use the features all by herself and shown me after! It has games....it can put frames,ears,faces you name it on pictures when you take them...it has a game that jumbles up the pcture and you need to put it right and it has a video recording option. I have not used an SD card and already she has taken over 200 pictures. The pictures are clear with the flash on and it is not hard to show your child what to do if the flash goes off. My 6 year old daughter loves it and even my 10 year old nephew thought the added animations were funny and us adults had a go taking pictures of each other with funny noses, as pirates etc. It's simple, if you want a camera for your child to let them have the excitement of taking pictures then buy it. My daughter NEVER touches my camera now!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for what it is!, 30 Jan 2009
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
I bought this for my daughters 4th birthday as she is forever taking 'smiles' on my camera phone, we thought about this for her 3rd birthday but then decided to hold off... and i was a little hesitant given the bad reviews it received but i gave my daughter a choice of a (fab!) first bike or a camera and she took no less than a second to be very excited over the camera idea so that was that! I took the previous reviewers advice and opened the camera prior to wrapping (it did take some getting into) and installed some rechargeable batteries, familiarised myself with how it worked and had a dabble with the software... i found it to be fine, no pictures arnt up to a fujifilm standard but then the camera wasnt 300 quid! my daughter is delighted with it, as is her 3 year old brother and they spent the whole day snapping things.. mainly the floor, close ups of each others faces and balloons! the batteries lasted all day of near constant use and there was about 200 photos on the camera when i downloaded them to the pc.

all in all im happy with this and im pleased i took the risk and bought it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a proper camera, 12 Feb 2009
M. G. Helm (London, UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
If you want a camera that takes good pictures, don't bother with this one.
The picture quality is very poor, especially with photos taken inside, the flash burns the images close up but is not strong enough for further away shots. Photos taken outside are slightly better but images are very easily blurred.
My four year old loves taking photos with our family camera, and I wish that I'd bought her a standard camera rather than this one as she's hugely disapointed with the results. It is durable and pink and the games are amusing for a moment or two, but as a functional camera it's poor, and unlikely to inspire your child to better photography.

2.0 out of 5 stars Durable yes, good no, 29 Dec 2008
A. Gough "goughac" (Sunny Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink) (Toy)
VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Pink)
VTech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Blue)
Vtech Kidizoom Multimedia Digital Camera (Camouflage)

My wife bought this camera for my four year old daughter (the pink version).

Whilst it is kid friendly in terms of ease of use and ruggedness the quality of the pictures can only be described as woeful. Back lighting blows out pictures, the flash leeches colour & detail out of pictures (for goodness don't try using the flash to fill in the backlighting), indoor situations are too dark - basically the only good situation are front lit outdoor subjects and even then the pictures are pixelated and cartoonish. Whilst I've put this in terms that grown ups can understand, even she moans about them. Any - and I mean any - mobile phone will produce better output.

If you have to buy a camera for your child then maybe this is the answer. Do be aware though that this is one of those toys designed by grown ups for children where making it pretty and rugged is as far as the design goes and making something that delivers on the promise falls short (rather like an alphabet poster using a xylophone for the letter X). As such it falls between stools - it's too complicated for really clumsy youngsters and too bad on quality for children with the maturity and dexterity to use it.

If I could, I would return it and get a cheapo any thing else camera.