5.0 out of 5 stars Honeydew - Shawn Mullins, 30 Aug 2008
markl (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeydew (Audio CD)
Bowled over by this. Only had Souls Core previously and that was fantastic. If anything, Honeydew is even better. I don't write reviews, but the quality of this music has made me do it! I simply do not understand why Shawn is not better known.

5.0 out of 5 stars America's Hidden Genius ??, 16 Sep 2012
T. Williams (Belfast, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeydew (MP3 Download)
I first heard Shawn Mullins on the radio and it was a track from Soul's Core. I couldn't get over how I was able to visualise the music in my head as he was singing the lyrics. He quite literally paints pictures with words and this album is no different to Soul's Core in that respect. I just wish he would get his act together and tour the UK, I reckon I would be first in line to buy a ticket. Keep it up Mr Mullins, you're doing your country's music tradition a power of good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Back on form !!! - 4.5 stars really ..., 6 Aug 2010
This review is from: Honeydew (Audio CD)
Good album. If you liked Soul's core and want more - this fits the bill. Definitely better than the album Shawn did as part of the Thorns (shawn, matthew sweet, +1)

Why ony 4 stars ? well to be honest I'm torn between 4 and 5 stars. I've rounded down to 4 stars on the grounds that there's a recession on, and you might be short of cash ...

It doesnt have quite the range of Soul's Core or Eggshells or the best of Shawn's earlier work (as summarised neatly on The First Ten Years or in the individual CDs). So if you've got two or three of these you might find this is good-but-familiar.

recommend seeing him live too !

5.0 out of 5 stars Shawn at his best, 2 April 2008
This review is from: Honeydew (Audio CD)
If you liked 9th ward pickin parlour you will love this. Shawn has found his niche. I hope he sticks with it.

Honeydew
Honeydew by Shawn Mullins (Audio CD - 2008)