4.0 out of 5 stars Great!
I bought this for my boyfriend because he styles his hair and likes it very straight and punky. He had straighteners in the past and complained about it pulling out hair or burning his hair without straightening it.
Published on 30 July 2008 by Jayne

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty GHDs
This is the second replacement I have received from amazon and now my window to return or exchange has closed. Both straighteners stopped working, this one took a little more time to corrupt, the light flashes on for a minute then switches off, sometimes it flickers between on and off. Unacceptable treatment for such an expensive item, thoroughly disappointed as a I am a...
Published 13 months ago by Siobhan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 30 July 2008
Jayne (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
The GHD IV Mini is thin and enough to hold his short hair, making it more efficient and quicker. He was amazed at how fast it was to warm up and it also has a sleep mode just in case he forgot to turn it off. He absolutely loves this product. I think it's great and use it myself sometimes!

5.0 out of 5 stars No gimmick, honestly!, 3 May 2009
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
I bought these for my 20year old son for Christmas and was very sceptical as I thought they were an expensive gimmick being aimed at men.
I now have to eat my words as they really are excellent for short hair and I even use them on occasions. The other really plus points are ultra fast heat up and they turn off automatically, essential if you have a son like mine who rarely remembers to turn any power sockets off!
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best straighteners I've ever owned!, 12 Jan 2009
S. Hopwood "sian" (wales, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
Having been advised to purchase GHD's by my hairdresser, I was slightly hesitant, having seen the advertising campaigns and the hefty price tag, I was concerned that I was going to be in for a let down.
Never the less, comparing them to other brands, the difference in price was not significant, so I decided to give them a go.
I have short hair at the back and hair just to below my chin at the front so wasnt sure how these would be as they do state for mens hair (presumably quite short).
From the first day I used the item, I can safely say I am a GHD convert. I have owned a lot of straightners in my time and none of them even come close.
They heat up within seconds, they work so well you only have to go over your hair once for it to be poker straight, which has to be better for your hair. The on/off function and built in timer is great too, no more going to work and worrying all day I'd left my straightners on.
I am so impressed with the item as soon as my hair gets long enough I will purchase the GHDs with larger plates and keep these for styling, as they give much better effect than curling tongs.
I would recommend this item to anyone, I am really pleased with them. Just wish I'd bitten the bullet, spent a bit more money and bought them years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for men or short hair..., 11 Nov 2008
L. Hughes (Manchester, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
Great product - if you are looking at this product you already know that it is high quality. I had been using my old GHD straighteners for around 5 years and felt the need for an upgrade purely because I had a tendency to forget to switch them off! These new versions are great because they switch off automatically in case you forget. This set is perfect for men or if you have short hair. I bought two pairs, one for a friend with short hair and one for my boyfriend - both love them.

Because they are so much slimmer than the standard size, you can get much closer to the scalp and this means you can really notice the difference. I've even used them in my own long hair to get much tighter curls and a closer finish.

I know GHDs are costly when you can get straighteners for much less. Like I said, my last pair lasted me for well over 5 years which just shows the quality of these units!

Don't hesitate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair straighteners, 29 Mar 2009
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
Great - as a short haired woman with "strong hair" and little time to mess, they come to temperature in seconds, work smoothly and easily and even the shortest sections can be given a whizz without burning my scalp or fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghs for men, 11 Jun 2009
B. Patel - See all my reviews
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
I already had straightners so was not sure about buying these, however a friend recommended them to me and i found that these surpass any other straightners which i have ever used, great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific curler for even thick unmanagable hair, 4 July 2010
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
Better than all the 4 curlers I own, wished I saved the money and brought a GHD. Posting review for info I was looking for.

Full sized for better handling, yet smaller plates or heating end for precise flicks and up close to the scalp or short fringe. I thought 15secs heat up was a joke, but it really does and led flashes as soon as it's ready. Curls/waves stayed in even after I slept and steamy shower, without the use of hairspray and styling products. Perfect for short and shoulder length hair, but still good for full length hair for smaller waves and curls.

I have poker straight thick Chinese hair. My old stylers, I had to hold in position/wave for 22 secs per strand of hair and I would be lucky if it didn't fall out within 1 hour (with hair products). Old stylers would actually take about 30mins to even get hot enough to curl, plus the large heating end was too big to reach close to the scalp for my shorter hair style or for the smaller wavey look (didn't want the cute or meringue image).

Recommended for similar hair types, or those thinking of a cheaper curler.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
my hairdresser wife had told me hundreds of times to get these straightners when i complained that my short spikey hair never kept its style for a day, so i finally took the plunge and brought them.she always told me ghd s are the best though they cost more. unfortunately i have to say she was right.they are brilliant. my hair stays in the same style position from morning until night.(even through the night).if you are in a rush you neednt worry because they heat up in about 15 seconds.yes they cost a bit more than other straightners but i think you definately get what you pay for here.definately purchase you wont be disapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GHD IV Mark 4 Mini Styler - Just amazing!, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
The styler arrived promptly and in its own box. I could register it online to get a warranty, by which means you also sign up for product help and guidance. You can choose whether you want to receive newsletters.

Having had straight, lifeless hair all my life, I wanted the styler to bring volume to my hair, and also a slight wave or curl, for which the mini styler is perfect because of its lean figure, which you can use both to straighten and to curl. This was my first styler (and first GHD) so I think it's perfect for beginners.

When you turn it on it beeps and then beeps again when it has heated up. It has a separate off switch so it is safe and secure, even if you leave the plug in.

I am very satisfied with this product. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini ghd straighteners, 14 Aug 2011
This review is from: ghd IV Mini Styler (Personal Care)
These mini GHD straighteners are fabulous they straighten your hair in seconds and make your hair look sleek and shiney. I debated about spending a lot of money on them at first as my last straighteners of a different brand used to make my hair go all electrified and looked like split ends. But I took the plunge and pleased I did I could never go back to any other brand as they are definitely worth the extra money. My son loves them too and he is only 13. Would definitely recommend this product.

ghd IV Mini Styler