Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 24 March 2008
I have tried Nortons, McAfee and Bullguard and they all either slow the machine down or have compatability problems even on Windows XP Pro. So I tried the free AVG antivirus 7.5 and this was very simple and effective. So I bought the full AVG v8 Internet Security package from AVG on line (although Amazon are cheaper!) and it is excellent. You wouldn't know it was there. Very simple and the spam filter is the best I have come across. You can download a trial version. I have wasted so much time and money on others - go for this one.
VINE VOICEon 27 May 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was currently using a kasperksy internet security package and fancied giving the AVG one a go which ive heard great reviews about.

I inserted the cd and it took you through the complete set-up process, you dont need to be a technical whizz! literally the whole thing was installed in under 5 minutes! the only thing that took a little while is simply entering the code with the dashes which is inside the box, other than that you dont really need to do anything.

Persuming this thing is a different set-up, i know my other package i was using told me how many virus's were in the system etc, this one didn't do this so i dont know how string the anti-virus is, but messages occassionally pop-up saying about potential threats and if you know they are ok you can say 'allow' or 'block' if you don't recognise them.

When i first installed it i felt my computer was struggling a little speed-wise, but then after a couple of minutes it was back to normal so it really doesnt affect the performance of your computer as it says.

I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a quick easy protection package, great value on amazon and a great little package, recommended!
VINE VOICEon 13 August 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had previously used AVG version 6 and 7 which as a single user you can get for a year free of charge from the avg website.

The full version 8 product gives much more protection and help in servicing all aspects of security from firewall, spam, filters, through to virus protection and scanning.

As good as norton but at a cheaper price.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For up to date protection and all the newest programme features, the AVG 8.0 is just the thing for your Internet security needs, and is very user friendly. Just pop the disc into your disc drive, run the programme (where you will be guided by the set up process), enter the registered licence number (supplied within the disc box) and complete the installation process by running the 'First Run Wizard', which finalises the set up process. The Wizard features include the choice of having your AVG protection updated every 4 hours or daily at a specified time, and during the set up process (which is a breeze - I'm no expert so no technical knowledge is required) the firewall configuration scans all known applications or just the common files for a shorter scan. By the way, in the unlikely event you need help they have a very good sales and customer support network and can be contacted by email or phone, but you must register for the 24/7/365 technical support.

Not only was it easy to install and configure, it took less than 20 minutes to complete. I am already a fan of AVG and have always installed the free version. AVG is a reliable and trustworthy product, and it is easy to see if you are protected fully or if updates are required.

If you are unsure whether to buy this full version then try out the free one. I guarantee you will be impressed with what you receive gratis, and after using it for while you will have no doubts as to whether you should transfer over to the full AVG 8.0 version, where you get so much more; including features to stop junk mail and spam based identity theft attacks, hacker and cyber criminal blockers and an advanced system performance tuning, which are unavailable on the AVG Anti Virus product that is available without the additional Internet security this disc supplies. I love the additional scan schedules, Anti-Rootkit and the new LinkScanner.

I am happy that I can protect my computer and all its files, knowing that there is something to safeguard me from being directed to fake websites and the hundreds of threats out there waiting to attack the computer once online, and being on broadband I am always connected to the Internet so I now really do feel safe at last. Based on real time technology, which does not slow my computer down, it is tough on threats yet so easy to install with automatic updates, auto-scheduled scanning and free support for a whole year. I can't sing its praises enough, but I can protect my PC, and with the current worries about the possible threats Windows Vista allows, this really does make me sigh with relief! A reasonable price too, I must add.

Sassy Brit
Alternative-Read
VINE VOICEon 1 February 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using the AVG free edition for several years now and decided to have a look at this - the paid-for edition with extra goodies.

Good Points - Firstly, the price (less than six quid!) gives you 24x7 telephone support - other suppliers wouldn't want to get out of bed for six quid, so hats off to AVG for this.

AVG integrates seamlessly with Windows Mail, so you know that your emails are protected. It also pulls out all the stops when you're browsing, advising you of bogus websites and the like.

Bad Points - My machine's slowed down since installing it. When AVG updates are downloaded/installed, the CPU on my machine has a tendency to run all the way up to 100%, preventing me from doing much else. However, this is temporary and usually resolved after a couple of minutes.

Overall - AVG does what it says on the packet, I've had the odd glitch here and there such as it claiming that my Spotify executable suddenly contains a virus and needs to be contained (it didn't - it was a problem in their 'signatures' file).
on 15 February 2009
I have used various security software in the past but nothing has come close to AVG.It is easy to install, easy to use, very little spam, and definitely much cheaper to buy. I bought a Laptop recently and used the free version until the licence for the Desk Top came near to the time it will expire +1 year (as I bought a 2yearlicence)So at the end of this year I will be buying a 2 user licence for 2 years at much less than the cost of Norton or McAffee for 1 user and 1year.I must say the 'paid for' version gives you a lot more piece of mind.
on 12 August 2008
Having used AVG Free anti virus in conjunction with Zonealarm free firewall for many years, I was highly satisfied with the AVG but Zonealarm's constant slowing my computer down really bugged me - starting up took forever. I decided to give AVG Internet Security a try and I am very very pleased. It's easy to use, even for those like me who aren't exactly technical experts. Installed with no problem what so ever, has not slowed my computer down at all and I am very pleased with this so far.
VINE VOICEon 13 July 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We loaded this onto my Sons' PC which is running Windows XP.My Son works in I.T.Support and is extremely fussy about any Programs he loads onto Computers.I would also like to think,he knows a thing or two about this type of Product.It loads easily,works perfectly well with no fuss and we would recommend this Product to all.Anybody using the internet without anti-virus is asking for trouble so if you're looking to purchase this type of Program,you need look no further.
on 6 March 2009
exellent prouduct i have always protected my computer with avg anivirus or avg internet security and i have never had a problem,and once i had a problem when i had to install it back when my pc broke and they answered me back quick with an email ,thanks to the people of AVG.
on 26 May 2008
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This security system seems to be running fine on my laptop. Speaking as a technophobe I have to say that I did need help to install it, but that's down to me being inept with computer gadgetry. So far, everything is running safe and secure, just like the blurb promised.