5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine replacement at a fraction of the cost
Published 23 months ago by Dave

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed!
The battery was bought as a spare for use on my holiday. On the one and only time I used it, it failed to hold its charge and when I went to recharge it, it was completely dead!
It was therefore returned yesterday for a refund.
Published on 19 Jun. 2011 by roc

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed!, 19 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Olympus LI-50B Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (Accessory)
It was therefore returned yesterday for a refund.
I would also point out that unlike the battery that I received with my new camera that I bought elsewhere, the battery was not marked with the CE mark for UK use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A genuine replacement at a fraction of the cost, 11 May 2013
The battery I received looks identical to the one that came with my Olympus camera. The printed text and even the silver label look the same, only the date is different. I'm sure that my new one is genuine. It charges fully and holds its charge well when not in use. I used it in the extreme cold of the French Alps during the winter and it kept working as expected. At a fraction of the price with compared buying direct from Olympus, it's a really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars No issues: price and quality all good, 1 Feb. 2015
H. Petre "hpoet" (UK) - See all my reviews
Genuine battery, good price. To be honest, I cannot remember if it lasts as long as the original one I got with my camera, because that was 2.5 years ago! Says somewhere that it takes around 196 shots. But that would not include fiddling with the settings, zooming in and out, etc. I found it lasted several consecutive days, and I take around ten shots a day, with lots of fiddling! Have just ordered another one to take on holiday. £13.95 is a lovely price, and it definitely lasts longer than the generics. Charge up before first use, and recharge in 2 hours between uses. I also recommend the generic charger from Ex-pro for this battery type: got mine in 2012 when the camera was new, for less than a tenner, and it's still going strong (my camera only came with a cable for charging, to connect up to a USB port. Pants to that!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as advertised, brilliant product and price!, 9 July 2013
Got these as battery dies quite quickly on my camera. And they are the exact same ones that came with it. Perfect, now means I can make use of the big memory card I have without running out of battery!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality original equipment., 28 Feb. 2014
I needed a second battery as the original needs recharging after about 300 shots due to small size, and the Olympus SZ 30 MR charges the battery whilst on the camera, so shooting time was being compromised. I went for Olympus despite higher costs compared to other makes as I had read about issues with poorly made cheap Ion batteries which can ignite under charge. I am pleased with the quality of this Olympus battery, it charges quickly, retains charge as well as the original unit and I have peace of mind that it is genuine equipment. It does what it says on the tin, simple as that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent spare battery, 22 April 2014
Great to eventually track down this spare battery for my Olympus SZ-11. I love my compact am era but batteries always seem to run out whilst I'm away taking pictures and now I know I've got a spare with me I can easily swap them if necessary.
I'm also reassured to find that it a true Olympus battery and therefore suited to the camera - I hate it when you have an inferior product and it fails. Pictures cannot be redone!
I advise you to get a recharger as well rather than having to plug in the whole camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Yup, it works fine., 9 Nov. 2012
You need to fully charge this before you first use it, but it's fine and unlike other generic copies, holds its charge properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 9 Aug. 2012
Great second battery, as far as i can see exactly the same as the original battery which came with my camera. used straight away and worked fine. Bought a charger whcih had to return as it wasn't the right one so for charging out of the camera the Olympus charger to match is Olympus UC-50 Multi Charger for Li-50B Lithium-ion Batteries expensive but worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus Battery, 7 Jun. 2009
Spare battery for Olympus Mju 6000 Tough does what it says! Good bettery life so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars The original and best., 22 Oct. 2014
I originally bought two generic versions as back-up to the one I got with my Olympus SP800UZ, but they lose charge so quickly I decided I needed another quality one. When I saw these original Olympus batteries were reduced to just £15 on Amazon, I ordered one immediately. Great quality product, no probelms.