5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love it!
Published on 4 Feb 2010 by Jess

1.0 out of 5 stars not squirrel proof
we have bought two of these, both of them now broken. the squirrels sit on them and the bottom tray breaks off and is not repairable. if you have squirrels, don't bother
Published 5 months ago by Frances

5.0 out of 5 stars The birds love it!, 4 Feb 2010
Jess (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
I was very impressed with the quality of this bird feeder. I'd previously bought an RSPB window feeder which really wasn't up to much - the suckers didn't grip very well and it felt very flimsy. By comparison, the Meripac feeder is made from a thicker plastic which has withstood the recent freezing temperatures very well. It attaches with two suckers which have excellent grip, plus you can use the piece of string provided to ensure the bottom section doesn't drop to the floor when you are changing the food over (I find this very useful as I live in a first-floor flat and magpies sometimes knock the tray off trying to get hold of the fat balls). The string loops through the top and bottom sections and you pull it through the window before you close it. There is a little compartment inside the main tray for water or a different type of seed, and the two fat ball holders fit small fat balls very well.

The best bit about this feeder though is that the birds seem to love it - more so than the RSPB feeder which probably wobbles too much. At £10 this feeder is also £5 cheaper than the RSPB version. I'm definitely going to invest in a couple more, and will probably pass a few on as gifts. An excellent product, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredible present for all ages, 15 Jan 2010
H. Harland (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
Try putting an old apple on one of the fatball holders for the blackbirds and nyjer seeds in the water holder to attract the goldfinches. This is such an incredible present for anybody. I got it for christmas and you can put it anywhere. I put it on my bedroom window but because it is on the first floor I don't get as many customers as I do in my garden which is lower down, however I have one blue tit and one great tit and one robin that visit regularly. It is so nice to wake up to a dulled tapping at the window and open your curtain to the birds, it's given me a reason to have breakfast in bed! The suckers are really hardy and mine hasn't come off yet, however if it does fall down there is a safety line to stop it from crashing to the ground. This has been a devastating winter for the bird population and it really is good to do whatever you can for them, and it's also great if you can get a little enjoyment out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little grandparent gift, 22 Dec 2008
Ms. Laura Lee (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
Great little gift, I bought this for my mum as a pressie from her grandson, they love to sit in the kitchen together and watch the birds come right up to the window to eat, not too large so doesnt spoil the view out fo the window. The fat balls are a guaranteed winner

Might have to get one for myself

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works !!!!!!!!!!!, 20 May 2009
The Master (U.K. The Earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
Having to share a communal garden i thought this worth a try,attracting birds to any garden is not an over night thing so please be patient ! I have to say though after only 3 months of use it WORKS & it's very easy to clean because the bottom comes away leaving the rest fixed to the window....... Yes i would highly recommend this for elderly or disabled people & for people with little or no garden

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
This is a fantastic little present for any bird lover. Blue tits are by far the most common bird to see on my window feeder and up close... they are stunning :) Way better to see when standing a foot away from the window than in photos or on TV. Although the birds were shy at first and took a while to come, they eventually became bold, I even whipped open my curtains one morning and suprised a Blue Tit which fluttered in the air for a moment, then carried on eating with me looking right out the window at it. I still can't figure out how much they can see through the window, obviously just a small amount of movement.

I would recommend purchasing this feeder with the bird ball holders rather than the simpler seed feeder. The bird balls are by far the favourites. It is suprisingly small, but then again, it doesn't really need to be that big and it doesn't block the view if put in a corner of the window. The suction holders seem particularly good. Mine has lasted 4 months through some pretty tough weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Window feeder, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
For feeding birds not windows... A well made feeder that covers all needs highly recommended clear and light one of the best window feeders I have seen.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good idea., 4 July 2012
K Emerson (Bournemouth, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
I live in Scotland and this took some beating with the weather here and still lasted fanstastically. I bought one for my mother in law too and she loves it. Ours broke though after two pigeons sat on it and knocked it off the window. It was still hanging by the string but it can't really take the weight of big birds. It is lovely though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner city bird life, 22 May 2012
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
I bought this as I live in an estate and have no garden. I'd heard birds all around and one day saw a blue tit perch on my balcony. That sealed the deal and this was ordered the next day. It's easy to put together and so far has stuck tight. It fell off once, early on - but I think that was due to a pigeon. Living two floors up, I have tied the string provided through the holes that the suckers go through and trapped the spare length through the top window. It took a couple of weeks to get noticed, but a fledgling blue tit is my regular visitor. No other birds, just this one - but it is delightful, especially if I get a telling off from the bird for sitting at my desk and watching it.
I am also looking at further different window feeders. If it carries on like this, I'm not going to be able to see out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bringing nature to you, 6 May 2010
C. Lewis "Jerrygerl" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
When I first looked at item I was a little dubious about it. But after a week i've had bluetits, sparrows and robins at my window. They don't care to much for normal bird food but the fat balls they enjoy immensely. I live in a flat and miss watching birds in the garden but this helps a great deal. Its a great product well worth the money. And would also make a great gift. One reviewer said they couldn't give it to their mother in law as they felt embarrassed as it didn't look like much and yes while I agree it doesn't look like much, what it brings is something very special. So glad I brought this..........a great gift from me to me. But if I could make one change to the feeder, is that i would make the water hole detatachable so it's easier to clean, rather than having to bring in the whole feeder, as my birds are always dropping some of the fat ball in the water. Also when the pigeons sit on the tray it comes away and falls. But the top part stays fixed to window.

5.0 out of 5 stars First class feeder, 22 Mar 2013
Shazza (Bolton Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meripac Complete Window Feeder
We have had one of these feeders for 7 years (didn't have the fat ball holders on the original)it was brilliant for smaller more timid birds but alas it didn't complete this winter so we have bought another. Straight away the birds went on it. It is placed on the glass of our summer house. The fat ball holders are excellent and have encouraged the blackbird to now use it. We use the small compartment for dried meal worms which all are birds enjoy but the robin usually beats them to it. We have had no problem with the succours but did make sure the glass was cleaned with a spirit wipe before sticking them on. Here's to another 7 years we hope. It arrived extremely quickly, was in use within 15 minutes and is very sturdy - fully recommend.

Meripac Complete Window Feeder