on 26 January 2014
I've been using this lens for a couple of weeks now whilst out and about and have found that it does what I want it to. It gets a little soft at approx. 250-300mm but for the price it's not a major thing plus photoshop or similar can retrieve any lost clarity to a point.
For a starter with limited funds it's ideal and I would recommend it. Having the lens motor in situ is a definite bonus and the auto focus works well as far as I'm concerned. I use it on both of my Nikons, D3200 and less often my D60.
Overall no complaints to speak of but remember, if you can afford to pay more then do it as the difference between a cheap and more expensive lens is quite noticeable but until I have more to spend this lens serves its purpose.
THE END.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2014
Absolutely delighted with this lens bought to use with my Nikon D5000 for sport and wildlife and it does both very well.
I read all the reviews including the bad ones but decided to go ahead and buy this lens anyway boy am I glad, yes there are
a few niggles sometimes in low light it struggles to focus but it's not a big problem, I for one am not a professional so if I dont
get absolutely first class pics every time who cares but like I say it only happens in very low light.
There are some reviews on here with sample shots have look at them, if you need anything better than them, then you need to spend
a lot more money on your lens.
on 1 October 2014
For this price I am amazed at the quality, it is all that I require.
on 10 February 2013
Product arrived promptly, fits my D40 perfectly in terms of weight & balance. Picture quality even at full zoom is very good. Recommend this Lens for quality and price!
on 13 November 2014
i cant say im big on this lense to be honest, im actually selling mine, the autofocus isnt the best in lower light, ive tried using this on a studio shoot a few times and it lets me down practically everytime if the environment im working in is dark, i tend to think this is a lense for landscaped shots rather than portrait unless your using a tripod.

Overall, if your planning on shooting in a studio environment, forget this lense unless you keep below 1/80 due to the lack of image stabelization.

I dont carry this lense with me anymore on shoots due to purchasing a prime lense, I would take £60 sent recorded delivery for this lense if anybody is interested.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 July 2013
This lens is another excellent alternative lenses that is compared to the original nikon lenses which are pretty expensive. I know that the original telephoto 70-300mm nikon lenses are quieter than the Tamron auto-focus, this telephoto lens is a very good for people who are starting off in this fascinating hobby or individuals like me who takes photography seriously. It is also very good for amateurs and people who are on a budget and affordable to buy.

Regards Noelle .
on 6 November 2014
EXCELLENT value for money. I'm really enjoying this lens.
on 6 May 2013
im really happy with the lens, came quickly, works really well on manual focus, i'm not using much on auto focus. takes nice pictures, works well with different lighting, worth to get it :)
on 24 July 2011
A budget lens for the amature photographer i bought this lens to go with my new D7000 ,On opening this lens i was suprised at its good build quality and it does look the shiz on the body as well ,It has a good weight and feel and the focal lenth is very good as well, combine this with a macro feature and it is a recipe for a knockout lens , So why only two stars i here you ask?,OK here,s the bad news, The lack of vr means you can forget this lens at full lenth unless paired with a tripod in anything less than perfect light ...No If,s ...No butts, It wont make a difference how good you are,And even in perfect light at its fastest setting its hard to pull off more than sixty percent of the time (even harder if your subjectis more than forty feet from your nose)altho this does change with a tripod and remote trigger.
My second point is the auto focus this again is hindered in bad light the motor works overtime but fails to nail the subject this can be very frustrating and fills you with dissapointment and with echoes of that old chesnut "if you buy cheap you buy twice" dont get me wrong for the price you can mess around with it and have a go at the macro settings and close up the performance is pretty good so in that respect it would get five stars but the lack of VR means it overall is a let down.
So the final verdict? If you are skint its another lense in the bag and if you spend some time learning to use it you can get some really nice shots or if you have the money you can go for the nikon version because all that glitters is not gold, JMCGARTLAND
AFTER MESSING WITH THIS LENS IVE DECIDED TO AWARD A forth STAR FOR THE MONEY YOU CANT GO WRONG JM.
on 8 October 2014
I didn't receive a hood, like the one advertised in the images, but to be honest, I didn't mind too much.
For the price, I'm impressed with the quality of the lens.
solid as fuh