4.0 out of 5 stars One of the last good PS2 Games.
I've been a Ratchet and Clank fan since the first game was released, and have been waiting for this game to be released on PS2 for a while now.
Published on 24 April 2008 by Craig Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Mini Score for a Mini Game
I love the Ratchet and Clank (R&C) games on the PS2 so I was really looking forward to this and actually pre-ordered it - something I've never done before (I normally wait until some reviews are there before purchasing a game - and I regret not waiting this time).
Published on 29 Mar. 2008 by Book Lemur

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the last good PS2 Games., 24 April 2008
Craig Taylor (Scuthorpe, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
The gameplay is classic Ratchet and Clank, with levels spread across the galaxy. Levels involve little mini games, such as a Giant Clank flying through space, where you ust shoot anything in his path, the classic grind rail sections, and the hover board racing.
As with the other games in this series there are plenty of weapons and gadgets to choose from too.
The only thing that disapointed me was that the game wasn't as magical as the first 3 on the PS2, even though the gameplay is the same. The fact is that the game was made for the PSP and lacks graphic power, durability and story. Ontop of this the game wasn't developed by Insomniac.
The game is still worth a buy as there are plenty of new ideas thrown in and it is one of the best games on the PS2 in recent years.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mini Score for a Mini Game, 29 Mar. 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
The game is extremely short (I finished it in about 5 hours and I'm not what you would call an expert PS2 gamer!) and the worlds are very small, with very little exploration required. There are some plus points to the game - the presence of mini-games to earn prizes adds to the game, some of the weapons are pretty good and the humour remains but there really isn't enough here to warrant its price and I was left very disappointed with what is frankly a below par (and, if I might suggest, a very cynical ploy to get money for little effort) from the R&C world. If you're new to R&C go for one of the earlier titles, they are so much better!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a huge disappointment, 27 Mar. 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
Ratchet and Clank is usually an excellent quality romp through a virtual world, high octane fun. Size Matters for PS2 is a huge disappointment - poor quality graphics, a camera that has a mind of its own, and a host of other irritating elements. After R & C 3, I expected much much more - only to be dealt a duff hand when I rushed home to continue the saga. If I'd wanted to play something reminiscent of Crash Bandicoot, I'd have bought Crash Bandicoot. Not a happy bunny.

2.0 out of 5 stars What a let down, 28 Mar. 2008
Mrs. F. L. Marney (Watford, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
I'm a massive R & C fan and as I don't have a PS3 I thought I'd be missing out on my R & C fix this year, so I was over the moon when I saw Size Matters was available for PS2, but what a let down. The game feels really small and restrictive, the camera is mental and just does whatever it wants and not what you want it to do and there is WAY too much Clank. I guess they are responding to people who complained about the lack of Clank in the last game and it's great to have him back, but not at the expense of fun game play. It seems like every 5 minutes you're forced to be Clank, either a giant flying Clank in some very very boring space battles, or Clank in his stand alone sections or these all new sections of Clank battle games, which are boring, pointless and about as much fun as sticking your finger in plug socket. But you have to do all these things to progress, or collect everything and they're just a chore instead of the fun shoot the c*** out of everything fun of R & C I'm used to. But the worst thing is the lack of Continue points, I'm not a hard core gamer so it takes me a fair old time to complete some of the hard bits in a game (If I can't make my husband do it for me), but the great thing about previous R & C games as there's been plenty of continue points especially just before a very hard section or a big battle, but they are distinctly lacking in Size Matters meaning you have to do the same old bits over & over & over & over and it ruins the fun of the game, I just want to shoot stuff with an array of amazing weapons, not spend 14 hours doing the same bit 400 times because they didn't bother to pop a save point in. I'm currently stuck about half way through the game on the Luna battle, which when you die takes you miles back to a very dull running through fields section which I've had to do countless times now and quite frankly all the fun been sucked out of the game now! One little continue point just before the battle and it wouldn't be so bad, still hard but at least you wouldn't have to repeat the same section over & over before the fight started. I'm so disappointed in this game, not a great continuation of the series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced con, 12 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
After playing the other PS2 Ratchet and Clank games, this feels like a real dip in quality. For those of you who don't know, this is a port of the PSP title of the same name. The plot involves Ratchet and Clank being duped by some little girl and ending up in the usual trouble.

The main problem I had with this game was the camera. It just makes the whole thing nigh on impossible at times - you often can't see what's right in front of you, or you can't see where you're meant to be going. Another fault is the weapons, which are pathetically ineffective. Even when upgraded it takes forever to kill some enemies. The levels are all short and lack any of the exploration required in most R & C games, and the stodgy controls lead to frustrating deaths. The sub-games (racing, etc) are nothing I hadn't seen before, and the Clank levels are more irritating than fun to be honest.

There are a few good points. The humour is up to the usual standard and there are a few interesting ideas (the dream level for example). But overall this is an overpriced example of a software company making money for old rope. If you've not played R & C then try one of the other, superior, PS2 or PS3 titles. If you've played all the R & C games then be content with them. You'll not find anything new here.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major Disappointment!!!, 12 Aug. 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
Love the Ratchet and Clank series to bits, and bought this on PS2, as heard it had been on PSP. By the looks of the Intro credits, seems to have been made by a different people to the insomniac team who created the other brilliant ratchet games, and boy does it show!!! The gameplay is simplistic to say the least, the camera when you are playing is just plain awful. May have been a good title on the PSP (I'm assuming, I haven't played it), but looks as though they just couldn't be bothered with adjusting anything when they put it onto the PS2, was so bad I took it back the next day....

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste!, 7 July 2008
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
I'm a rabid fan of the Ratchet & Clank games since the very first opened its self up to me. I wasn't the only person to love it; my whole family enjoyed them!
The first game, was such a new excperience for me. It showed me that video game violence could be fun. The characters were fun and witty. The weopans and gatchets were draw dropping.
Then when i heard a second one had come out, i quickly snapped it up!
All the games up to Ratchet Gladiator were 5 star material.
But when i saw an ad for a Ratchet & Clank game on PS3 i almost cried. Then i heard from a friend that they had made another game for the PS2. Without hesitaton i bought it.
AND WHAT A RUBBISH GAME!! The graphics are worst than the very first game. The camera sucks, the weopans are the same, the worlds are tiny and the entire game is really short.
Please if you're reading this review and you're a fan of Ratchet & Clank, PLEASE don't buy this game, it is a waste of money and you will be sourly disapointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars PS2 game shoulda stayed on PSP..........., 3 May 2008
Mr. Mtw Buswell "malcybabes" (Northampton UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
Ok Lets get one thing straight, I am a hardened RnC jedi and was very happy to see this lil beaut come onto Ps2 after I'd completed it on Psp several times (FANTASTIC GAME bit short though.......)
After playing Ps2 version I was saddened to see that its basically just a stretched to fit tv screen version aof this game. Obviously the replay value is awesome ie bonus weapons, armours, power ups etc but I think the WOW! factor is on the Psp version.
Personally I HAD to get this cos I'm such an anal completist but I'll be honest I enjoyed it more on Psp.

Play this then play Ratchet and Clank future- Tools of Destruction for Ps3 (if you haven't already) then sit back and look forward to Secret Agent Clank on Psp..............

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 5 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
I have been a huge Ps2 R&C fan (not getting a Ps3 and going down the Xbox 360 route instead), and when I decided to revisit them I realized that this was a game I had missed out on. A few reviews and videos later I decided to order it and see for myself if this game was all that bad. If I'm honest, being nearly five years after its Ps2 release, being made by an outside company and being a port from the PsP i was very skeptical, but I have really loved this game and by no excuse should it be considered a bad game!
It has great replay ability but unfortunately the camera and controls are a bit funky, so it just falls short of the 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for a PSP port, 7 Mar. 2010
D. Horman (Jersey) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2) (Video Game)
Okay, so the graphics are never going to win any awards, and the gameplay isn't as smooth as the previous PS2 games in the series, but Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters still manages to be almost as much fun as it's bigger brothers. Gameplay is very similar, and most of the scenery is just as smashable as ever. The cut scenes are as entertaining as ever, with the same fantastic voice acting.

In short, a pretty fun little game - not worth the full prices, but certainly worth picking up used.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Sony Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PS2)