on 1 May 2014
If you are looking for this card for MIDI please do not buy, the whole batch of them are faulty, the MIDI port is not soldered to the board, there are NO pins connected, it is a manufacturing fault.
on 30 April 2013
I ordered this Sunday night, it was delivered on Tuesday, within 10 minutes of opening the packet I had it installed in my desktop with the drivers and playing music. My desktop computer is six years old and is running Windows 7 32 bit. I had absolutely no problem installing it and the drivers and I'm 70 years old in 3 weeks. For the people who have had problems installing it and the drivers I suggest you pop round to a silver surfers house and ask for assistance!!!Dynamode PCI 6 Channel Soundcard
on 3 November 2013
I purchased this item as my audio device that was built into my motherboard had stopped working. Every time i started windows i would get an error message no audio device installed, so any way i got this item and it did not work at first, driver did not work ect. HOWEVER I then installed Windows 7 32-bit version. and now the card works perfectly. I don't think this product supports 64-Bit operating systems. If in doubt contact the seller. Very happy with the product Thank you.
on 9 August 2012
this does work with windows 7!! im using ultimate x64bit and it installs via the action center ffs people havent got a clue!!! just use the flag a.k.a action center people havent got a clue these days, and you would never find the software online. this is a great buy at first it didnt work but then i realised you gota install via the action center flag!! do buy this if you know what your doing dont listen to these comments as thses people dont know what there tralking about
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2012
recieved this card as a gift and inserted into pci slot.when trying to install drivers they could not be found.there are no drivers for this card for windows 7 none............i have checked the forums and not 1 person with this card can install drivers for windows 7.......i have searched the installation disc and there are no win 7 drivers says windows 7 on the box but is not windows 7 compatable..........false advertising i think?
not impressed at all
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 March 2012
I bought this as the on-board sound chip on my daughter's PC had packed up. It was easy to install, just plugging into a PCI socket, and then I loaded the driver easily. We've only used it with stereo speakers, not surround sound. She only uses it for Skype conversations, listening to music in her uni room, and playing dvds. It was delivered quickly with no fuss. Excellent if you want a cheap but effective sound card quickly.
on 13 November 2013
Maybe it's my system but with my onboard motherboard audio there is no buzzing, with this if there is no audio playing it hisses and buzzes, it will do it if you pauses youtube or music and even if it is playing a song you can hear the static in the background, it does sound better than onboard but the static is quite unbearable. Couldn't recommend for that reason, maybe I will find a fix for it but it aint worth the hassle
on 30 May 2013
Running windows 8 I had no install issues at all with this. Granted, their drivers aren't easily found online, but I loaded them from the disc no trouble, and hey, it's a fiver! It's literally the cheapest sound card I could find, and it works perfectly. I honestly have no idea how someone manages to make something like this for so little money and turn a profit.
on 15 January 2013
Bought this card to fit into elderly PC running Windows XP. Installed the card, but when I tried to install the driver from the supplied CD, I got an error message saying the souncard will not work with my chipset. I have since removed the card. I can't therefore comment on the soundcard as the problem was with compatability, and not necessarily the item itself.
on 9 July 2015
Do not buy, i could not get this thing to work at all. All it did was slow my pc down to a snails pace. Maybe they sent the wrong one because the one I got looks different from the one pictured. At the price its hardly worth sending back, lesson learned for me.