5.0 out of 5 stars Essential travel item
Published 7 months ago by I. D. Watson

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 1 month of use!
When I bought this item, it worked fine however after one month of using it, it broke! To make matters worse, this is the response I received when asking for a replacement which I never got:

"i really have a difficult to ask my boss to resend to u
u know i am just a poor customer service
would u mind forgive and understand me ?"
Published 10 months ago by VK

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential travel item, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
This is a comprehensive compact travel adaptor which will accept any portable devices with UK/US/European/Aus/NZ plugs and allow them to be plugged into UK/US/European/Australian/NZ/Chinese sockets including even the unique type used by Switzerland. All the plug types are selectable one at a time via a slider,lock into place and then can be retracted fully after use. The adaptor has a replaceable 2.5A fuse and is suitable for a maximum power rating of up to 550W at 220V or 275W at 110V. Ideal for any small electrical items that incorporate transformers in their chargers such as laptops, tablets, cameras or smartphones but, as ever, do not try plugging a non-transformer equipped 110V item such as a US hairdryer into an European or UK 220V socket. I have used it around the world and it has coped with every plug and socket combination found without any problems. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Travellers, 24 Mar 2014
Antoine Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
Swiss Travel Products have taken the tried and tested design and produced an aggressively priced, sturdy adapter which can withstand abuse. After all these are meant for travel.

My only gripe is that as with all adapters sharing this design, they tend to stick out quite a bit when inserted into a wall socket. This leads to the unit being back heavy when using UK to EU converter.

One thing worth noting is that the pushbutton on the side needs to be pressed in order to extend the desired socket. It might seem obvious, yet, if like me, you do not read the instructions, it can be quite a chore trying to figure out this simple tip!!

A perfect travel companion, yet could also prove useful for those odd 2 pin chargers found around the house. And at this price it doesn't get any better!!

Highly recommend

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 1 month of use!, 17 Dec 2013

"i really have a difficult to ask my boss to resend to u
u know i am just a poor customer service
would u mind forgive and understand me ?"

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect travel partner!!!!!!!, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
I needed this to go to Switzerland and thought as its from Switzerland I might as well give it go......worked perfectly and i saw them on sale in a local shop for nearly 3 times the price I got it for.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 8 Jun 2012
N. Niemer (New York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
As good as the more expensive one. Some contacts are a bit loose inside but had the same problem with other adapters.

For those who have not used this sort of adapter before, it converts from everything to everything. I tend to buy devices abroad so not only have UK but also EU/US plugs. Compact and neat, it is an INVALUABLE travel companion, cannot imagine traveling without it now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheat quality and doubtful reliabiltiy or safty, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
In process of asking for a refund. Really surprised at the low quality as the item can be dangerous in use. The power pins once extended do not stay locked easily. Find it tricky or unreliable in use. Regret this purchase and have request a refund. Hope Amazon carries random checks on qualities of goods in sale especially on electrical goods which involve live electricity or voltage.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
Great, very pleased with my purchase. Now i can use my hair wand which i purchased from America :) Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
No issues with this adapter so far using it in south america; at first i was worried it'd be to heavy to stay plugged at a wall when using big plugs such as those from UK, but it still works that way. I could have done with a simple UK to USA adapter, but for the good price best to get this anyway. Even the package is nice, when i first saw it i thought it was a watch. Please do note before buying this does NOT convert any voltage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap fake tat, 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
Do not waste your money. Its not from Swiss (the brand we know and trust). Its a cheap fake. Mine didn't lock in place at all - prongs just flopped about. Seller doesn't care - I have had to file a claim via amazon.

I bought this instead: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KT17TZ4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and would recommend it over this. Yes its more expensive, but its infinitely better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, didn't last, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Swiss Travel World Adapter (Accessory)
First of all, I bought this adaptor from a different seller who was very reluctant to refund or replace. I bought the adaptor around Easter time ready for a summer holiday. It worked in this country to use a German monitor system with a two pin plug in our three pin system. However, when I took it abroad to use a hair dryer, it blew after a couple of days and I had to buy a standard white travel adaptor on holiday. I complained to Amazon and the seller. Amazon have been helpful and suggested how to get my money back through my credit card company. The seller have offered to sell me another one at a 40% discount. I said I wouldn't bother as I really don't think the quality is great. Their argument is that I had had it a few months! I really haven't used it that much and I would expect a product such as this to last a few years, not just a couple of months. Spend a bit more, don't bother with this one.

Swiss Travel World Adapter